Breast Cancer/OT

Old April 29th 06, 11:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Breast Cancer/OT

EIC (extensive intraductal component) means it will reoccur in the breast
again if I even opted for a lumpectomy . Removing the breast was the best
option being cancer was on all the margins of the removed pathology,

That was a cute story!! My SIL once destroyed her hair coloring it while
dating my brother. They went to an amusement park. She wore a wig.....and
wigs and roller coasters don't get along....unless you have that wig stapled
to your scalp!! The WIG ended up in the guy's face behind her. He handed
it to her after the ride!! My SIL is in heaven but she loved to tell that
story!!
Yes...I can be a spunky thing...I told my husband I want a multi-colored
clown wig!! I would love to met him for lunch and be wearing that wig!! I
think I would also opt for the pny tail cap. I also said I loved Peg on
married with children...that long red wig...and the foot motion....gotta
love it...and most of all...my DH's name is AL....hehehehe!! Okay you made
me smile :-)
Pami

Old April 29th 06, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

pami wrote:
I am sure all you have heard Daniel Powder's song..."Bad Day" well this was
my bad day. I learned I have breast cancer. I had my lumpectomy this week
and it came back as malignant garde 3 tumor. I will have to get a
"masectomy" and have chemo. This has been a rough day for me but I don't
think I have the strength to cry anymore. I know I will lose my hair and
this really sucks but if I have to do this to keep alive then I will have
the surgery and do chemo. I will settle for chemo hats verus hair for life.
I'll be 51 in May and this seems not fair but I get my mammos yearly and
watched and it could of been worse. Last year I had a lumpectomy in the
other breast and that was benign this year my luck ran out. I see and hear
of so many survivors and I know this group has always been here for me when
ever I needed them.
Pami

Wishing you good luck with your treatment and hoping that you are always
surrounded by family and friends who support and love you. You are
strong enough to beat anything when you have loving and caring people
around you. Give yourself time to heal both physically and mentally and
don't ever feel rushed to "move on" unless you are ready for it.
Best wishes

Alison in Canberra.
Old April 29th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I just went to their website. I had been told that they don't take
color treated hair, but that is not true. I was going to cut my hair
is a shortish do after I lost a total of 20 lbs, but I have only
another 2 inches to grow my hair to donate, so I think I'll set my
goal at 30 lbs instead.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 06:25:11 GMT, "Batik Freak"
wrote:

In January I had 10" cut off mine and sent down to teh Locks of Love place
in Florida. They make wigs for children with cancer. They do have a
website, if you are really interested in cutting off your hair, but they do
require a minimum of 10" to work with so there's enough to weave and style.
Maybe there's a place like that in Oz, and if not, I'm sure the LoL
people wouldn't mind Aussie hair! http://www.locksoflove.org is their web
address.

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
. au...
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{gentle, loving hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Pami, if it makes you smile even a little, you can have my hair - I will
gladly chop it all off and send it over to you. Know that you are not
alone, nor will you ever be - we are here with you every step of the way,
promise.

quicker)

Old April 29th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

((((hugs))))
A friend here has just finished chemo. It was rough but she got through it,
one day at a time. She made a point of continuing to do as much as she
could. In return, we all praised her courage and rallied round to help.
Women have a special feeling for their hair -but go wig shopping before the
chemo starts. You can get one that exactly matches your color. Might be a
chance to try a completely new style.
Life isn't fair, but that's what friends are for.
Roberta in D

Old April 29th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

pami wrote:

I am sure all you have heard Daniel Powder's song..."Bad Day" well this was
my bad day. I learned I have breast cancer. I had my lumpectomy this week
and it came back as malignant garde 3 tumor. I will have to get a
"masectomy" and have chemo. .......
Pami

{{{{{{{{{{Pami}}}}}}}} Remember we are here for you. CiaoMeow ^;;^
Old April 29th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pami, you have all the love, support, and prayers that I can offer through
cyberspace. Keep letting us know how things are going.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old April 29th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hugs, Pami. DD and I will be doing the Race for the Cure on Mother's
Day; it has become an annual event for us. I'll be wearing my pink
"survivor" shirt and thinking of you and all the other breast cancer
survivors that I know and also a few who didn't make it. I hope you will
be in that survivor category for a long time.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old April 29th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks Pami. That is a time-tabled day for me, so I know where I'll be
and what I'll be doing - always a big help with my memory gg
..
In message , pami
writes
My mastectomy will be on the 5th of May and chemo can't start for until 2
weeks after that. I have to heal first. The more I talk the more I am
accepting this.
Pami

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old April 29th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

pami wrote:
I actually have one friend who feels I should do NOTHING and let death
happen. I am a mom, wife and friend to many. My life isn't over yet. I
think I need to avoid friends in my life like that now. I actually feed her
cats when she goes on vacation. Nobody knows what they would do until you
receive.... lose a breast or die.
Pami

Holy cow. What nerve! There is *nothing* wrong with deciding to live!
Some people just can't figure out when something isn't their decision
to make. Definitely AVOID people like her. Terminate the friendship
and surround yourself with people who love you and support your decision
to live.

--

blackrosequilts
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
Old April 29th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Do you know what EIC is? I don't. Good luck w/ your surgery. Mom's
experience was that there wasn't much pain at all, if that helps
Hopefully yours will be the same.

"pami" wrote in message
I could never afford that test and Medicare would never cover it The EIC
found in the pathlogy report states cancer woud reoccur. This will be a
long week for me.
Pami