OT Why I am never visiting Oz even for free beer

Old March 22nd 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Why I am never visiting Oz even for free beer

"Bronnie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Please come and visit - Sharon, Cats, me and all your aussie friends
want to show you our LQS's and everything else.

Bronnie said in a creepily, playful tone!

Cindy

Old March 22nd 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
we aint got snakes here in nz.
j.
--

ain't skeered a snakes.

Cindy

Old March 22nd 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

ROFLOL - they should hear the pesky things at 5.55am at Bairnsdale in a tent
in the middle of summer! Crikey (as someone famous once said). There is no
sweeter sound.......(yeah pigs might fly!)

quicker)

"Cats" wrote in message
Saw a flock of those noisy lil' birds EAT the siding of a
house! The couple replaced the timber with aluminium - and
they tore that off too. Seems they didn't like the sun
reflecting off the wall. That end of the house sat
abandoned near where I used to live in NSW 15 years ago.

Oh dear! Does this mean I have added to the list of scary
things? Are you all going to think we have the birds from
the Hitchcock movie? ROFLMAO

--
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
( U ) ( U ) ( U )

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
: teleflora wrote:
:
: I'm ascared to go to Oz. There are more things waiting
to kill you than any
: place on earth.
:
: Cindy
:
: Years ago, DH was sent to work in OZ for a month. He
spent four
: full weeks at a natural gas pumping station in Moomba
which is way to
: the north of Adelaide in the middle of the Outback!
Anywhoooo, the one
: thing he was specifically told to bring was a pair of
STEEL TOED
: MID-CALF leather work boots. Seems there are something
like 29
: different snakes in that area and about 40 of them are
poisonous!
: Poisonous to the point of "if you're bit, you DIE"!!! He
still has the
: work boots and fortunately never laid eyes on a snake --
thank heavens.
: Of course, he got up close and personal with hundreds of
sulphur
: crested cockatoos and has THE funniest stories to tell
about them
: playing with the high power lines, etc. -- LOLOL!
CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old March 23rd 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

no cane toads here either, no bears, no wild cats, only one spider that
might make ya sick but not kill ya and tho i live in the suburb next to
where they are supposed to have come from, i've never ever seen one in 29yrs
here. i dont reckon there are any of em left round here.
oh and no massively huge blow flys in nz like they got in some parts of oz.
nowhere in nz does the temp ever reach 40+C aka over 100F.
geez that is hell!!
anything else?
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"teleflora" wrote...
ain't skeered a snakes.
Cindy

"nzlstar*" wrote...
we aint got snakes here in nz.
j.

Old March 23rd 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Why I am never visiting Oz

I am generally not afraid of scorpions, bees, or snakes that aren't
bigger than I am. I am not afraid of spiders, though I reckon the
bird eating variety would make me jump back a bit. Of course seeing
any one of the above mentioned things all unexpected makes a body
jump. Most squishy sorts of animals and buggy grubby kinds of things
just make me go ew ick.
I have no idea whatsoever why batrachian things send me screaming.
I can handle Kermit and his ilk, but the least bit of lifelikeness and
I run. Can't even do pictures.

NightMist

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:19:11 -0700, "QuiltsWithCatFur"
wrote:

But frogs have no shark teeth, no scorpion or bee stingers, no venomous
fangs, no ability to wrap around you and crush you, they don't chase you, no
painful bite, they can't kill you, hurt you, or leave a scar. they just
**** on your hands when you pick them up.
Do they scare you because they are ugly?
Cyndi

You missed the batrachophobe part.

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.
Old March 23rd 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

now I know where ALL our huge blowflies come from - you should see the size
of some of them down here - like bumblebees...
and I do have a wild cat now and then when she gets her tail trodden
on..........
--
Sylvi
sylviald at ihug dot co dot nz

Old March 23rd 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I can't believe I glanced at this article and read it wrong. It said
that frogs can be turned into beer and I kept looking to see how they
were making beer from frogs! And I teach reading!

I was interested in this because several years ago the 4th grade
English Language Arts test had an extended reading section about the
cane toads.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On 22 Mar 2006 14:37:31 -0800, "Bronnie" wrote:

Eggstactly our point --- you can be in the outback for four
months and never sight any of these dangerous creatures!

Just because the ol' US of A has tournadoes, hurricanes, rattlesnakes
and
'gators and seriously weird gun-toting maniacs who shoot up schools and
shopping malls doesn't mean I won't travel there.
I don't know how you all sleep at night. LOL

Old March 23rd 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yeah! What she said!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (peeking out from
behind Bronnie)

ups.com...

Old March 23rd 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Uh, Bronnie: Those werird people who shoot up
schools are NOT the everyday run of the mill
American!! NOR is that an everyday event.
PAT, happy to be in Virginia, USA