OT - 2 new QIs rescued

Old January 30th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - 2 new QIs rescued

Congratulations Sharon and family... nothing warms the cockles of the heart
more than seeing kitties in need finding themselves a wonderful forever
home. Knowing just what kind of family they're getting, I think Merlot would
be pleased.
Blessings,
Renee

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Yuppers, while I was slaving away at work today DH took the DDs to the
local
animal shelter to see the cats (something we've been doing since Merlot
passed). Maddy had reached the go-kart goal she'd been set and all
systems
were go.

Please allow me to introduce to you..... Maisie the Majestic (warning -
not
her best photo)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...cd.jpg&.src=ph

and Sampson the Sexy

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...cd.jpg&.src=ph

Maisie (2 years old) is Sampson's (18 months) mum, he was born when she
was just six months old and he is now double her size. They were found
abandoned in an old box at a factory and when they were found (October 05)
Sampson was still suckling mum!! Plus she was pregnant with another
litter
which the shelter, by law, had to abort. They had cat flu and so had not
been put on display and by the time they were over the flu, again by law,
the shelter was unable to put them on display because they'd had them
longer
than the 28 days they are allowed to keep all abandoned animals. So
they'd
had them out the back. DH found their pictures on the shelter's website
and
went in and asked to see them.

The poor volunteers were in floods of tears when we adopted them and gave
the cats lots of parting gifts, they were that happy to see them homed.

So at the moment Maisie is downstairs and Sampson is upstairs sleeping.
They should settle in quite well I think.

So a bit of advice, if you need a QI, visit a shelter.

quicker)

Old January 30th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Both are beautiful kitties.

--
Mary (Idaho to Oregon via Montana)

:
[...]
: --
: Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
: http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes a while to load)
: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as website but
: quicker)
:
:

Old January 30th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Congratulations on your new QI's. They are beautiful and look in good
shape. All but one of my previous QI's (canine and feline) have been
rescues. They are the best!! Linda in Tx

Old January 30th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sharon Harper wrote:

The poor volunteers were in floods of tears when we adopted them and gave
the cats lots of parting gifts, they were that happy to see them homed.

So at the moment Maisie is downstairs and Sampson is upstairs sleeping.
They should settle in quite well I think.

So a bit of advice, if you need a QI, visit a shelter.

Bless you! and good luck indeed to Maisie and Sampson!

That's good news to hear.

-georg
Old January 30th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

What a wonderful addition to your family!

--Heidi

Plattsburgh (UPstate) NY

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

===

Old January 30th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sharon,

They are absolutely GORGEOUS! I adore Sampson's color. Miss Maisie
has the Kitty Regal look down already.

All my QIs are some form of rescue. First dog from local Humane
Society when he was 4 months old, now 7 and light of my life. Second
gotten from other local shelter, he has made himself my shadow.

Three of our kitties were born under hubby's porch before he managed to
trap Mama cat and get her fixed. They were not socialized so he didn't
take them to the shelter. 5 and 6 years later they are very social
with us.

QI kitty number 4 was saved from starvation and the evil
daughter-in-law of our neighbor that had to go to a hursing home after
a stroke and her DIl REFUSED to care for her cats. We found one a home
right away - started socializing the other two. Sixers (has 22 toes
between all four paws) socialized quickly but tried to beat up our boys
and was given to a lovely lady with a farm for him to rule. He is
still doing very well.

Took me a year to get the other kitty Smokey (now Kitty QI #4) to even
let me pick him up. Which meant I promptly stuffed him in crate
because we were moving that week. Poor guy. Spent two weeks living in
my laundry room at the new house. Disappeared for three day after he
was let out for the first time, but his stomach rules his actions and
he has been with us ever since. He will have been under my care for 3
years this April 15. And boy has he come a long way.

Way to go Sharon. Skrtich those babies from all of us.

Jenn in CA

Old January 30th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Aw they're cute!

Good work Sharon (& Mr Sharon!)

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the (undamaged end of the) pier!"
Southend, UK

Old January 30th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

ROFLOL - That's exactly what they do! It's just heartwarming to see Sampson
grooming his mama then racing away as she pounces on him!

quicker)

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Sharon Harper wrote:

DH was quite sniffly when he told me their story and I had quite a good

sook
too! They've spent the evening chasing each other up and down the

hallway
and stairs. They are still a bit skitty around us but are getting more
affectionate.

Give them laps and cuddles as often as possible, and they'll soon turn
into cuddlecats!

As they have always been together, they'll spend half their time
squabbling and having hair-pulling arguments and half their time
snuggled up together!

These teenage mums!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old January 30th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh Heck! Don't blame us, the shelter did it!!! I've been calling her
Maisie Mouse after the kiddy tv show

quicker)

"Bronnie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh no! or Oh yes!
You've named the grey after my recently departed dear mother! Maisie.
I have to say, I can see a resemblence, as Mother was quite grey when
she passed away LOL.

They are both cuties and I am sure they can be swiftly brought up to
speed as QI's.

Hugs
Bronnie

Old January 30th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Gorgeous, gorgeous QI's. :-) My own QI is from a shelter too. They
considered him a stray (rather than a donation? --wasn't sure what the
difference was), so at a mere 8 weeks old, he was in a cage all alone.
That drew me right to him. And although he shied away when I picked
him up, he had the one of the biggest purrs I ever heard. That settled
it. I had to wait 3 agonizing days until his quarantine was over, but
after that, the little ball of black fluff that was hardly bigger than
my palm was ours. Now after a year, Charley has us all trained. LOL!
I'm sure Maisie and Sampson will commence your training soon too. :-)

Michelle in Nevada

http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter