RCTQ Quilting Week - What are you working on?

Old January 25th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default RCTQ Quilting Week - What are you working on?

I just finished camo curtains for my friend. Yes, nzlstar, I ended up using
the knit and terry for them. It was a HUGE pain, not to mention mess! I am
planning a butterfly quilt for my neighbor's mom. Oh, and need to deperately
redo stash!!
Toni

Old January 25th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The bargello jacket that I started in a class last Saturday. Second
class is on Saturday, and I have some work to do on it before then.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old January 25th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Looking through the magazine stash for yet more ideas, and wishing for more
quilting time...I keep bringing armloads of them to my new home with new
hubby from my old house as I prepare to sell...trying to do some clean-up on
squares made by group of ladies at church still to be sewn into a top for a
raffle...

AND still fretting over what I want to do with my 31 1/2 yards of floral
strips...but I made myself feel better by buying the 12" square Olfa mat
that has the rotating base...and isn't that the niftiest thing EVER?

Alison

"Marlys in Indiana" wrote in message
Working on the partial t-shirt quilt for my DDIL in Calif. I'm thinking
that I've made a bit of bad fabric choices in sashing the blocks, but
I'm somewhat at a "point of no return" sort of place and I really don't
want to go back and frog stitch 66+ of 10" blocks. Hoping, fingers
crossed, all cross-able body parts crossed, etc., that it will still
turn out reasonably well. Only time will tell. Sheesh!!!
Marlys in Indiana

"frood" wrote in message
So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Old January 25th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm spraying and removing the markings on the raffle quilt for our guild.
It's all done with the hand quilting! Now for the binding and thennnnnnnn I
have to figure out the ticket printing, distribution, money collection and a
fair way to draw a name at our show in June. I'll post a picture of it when
it's finished. It's beautiful!
If you have the book "Pink Lemonade" by Linda Johnson, it's the one on the
cover.
KJ

Old January 25th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

frood wrote:

So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

-clothing to use up some of the apparel stash
-trying to remember where I put the PP flamingos that I wanted to make
for Mom and Dad before they got here (tomorrow!!!!)
-trying not to go bonkers
-adjusting ot a new hair cut (I *knew* my hair was curly, but i have
never seen it THIS curly before!!)
-debating baby quilt designs
-playing with EQ5 to de-stress
Old January 25th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

I haven't done much quilting so far this week, because I've been trying
to get my computer back in order. However, now that the computer will be
leaving for an extended stay in the hospital, I'll be working on
quilting my Tuppence quilt. I've started the free-motion quilting and
hope to get it at least mostly done before my computer returns. I also
have a few Quilted Diamond blocks ready to hand piece, so that will be
relaxing. Oh, and on Saturday I'm taking a class on machine trapunto
given by a local gal who does beautiful work; I've done machine trapunto
once before, but this should be fun and informative.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old January 25th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

KJ wrote:
I'm spraying and removing the markings on the raffle quilt for our guild.
It's all done with the hand quilting!

Do you spray the quilt with something to remove markings? If so, what do
you use? What kind of markings does it remove?

Old January 25th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, I started off by getting back to my hand quilting, I'm on the border
of my batik quilt. I now know why they say it's hard to hand quilt batik!
I've also pieced a minkie quilt for new grand niece or nephew due in March.
I plan on machine quilting the baby quilt.
Went to the LQS and purchased some more batiks.
And oh yes, I purchased a 401!!!!
I think I've been doing very well at celebrating Quilting Week ;-)
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old January 25th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I am working on a hand appliqué BOM from a local shop.
The background fabric is a black velvet with a red flannel
center. Then each block will have snow people. Block one is
finished except for one star which my youngest dog ate.
Yes , you read that right never did my dog eat my homework
but now the pup ate my appliqué project.
Go ahead laugh , the host of the BOM has already been laughing
at me.
Diana in Dallas

Old January 25th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It's been a busy week, but I'm quilting when I can!

I'm still trucking along on Johnny's HUG. I can't work on it tomorrow,
though, because I need to attend a ceremony for him. He's being presented
an award for heroism for when he pulled a few drunk teenagers out of a
burning car last November. I'm so blessed to know this kid!

I started RCTQ Quilting Week by going out for a bit of S.E.X! Spent close
to a hundred bucks building up the stash a bit. Got to talk to a Hoffman
rep about a fabric style they used to carry in 2002. Now I'm better armed
to find more of it!

Organized the "sewing room" (if you can call it that) a bit better, and
moved some yarn and cross stitch into storage since I haven't used either in
about three years.

I wish a day was three times as long. I have far too many ideas, but too
little time to do them all! When grad school starts in the fall, I know
I'll have to put the quilts aside, and I'm already mourning the loss.

Anastasia

--who must confess she did spend about two hours online last evening
drooling over a $55 Shetland shawl knitting book that she REALLY wants.
Pity her birthday's in December. Pooh.

RCTQ Quilting Week is coming! frood Quilting 24 January 8th 06 06:38 PM
rctq protocol question re Quilting Software Cheryl Quilting 3 August 29th 05 11:10 PM
Week end quilting maryd Quilting 4 February 21st 05 09:42 PM
Hi rctq, I'm desperate for help in salvaging this quilt (really, really long) Meghan Quilting 34 November 22nd 04 06:23 PM
RCTQ in the news! Nbhilyard Quilting 14 November 28th 03 03:16 AM