What did Santa bring?

Old December 26th 05, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Santa brought uglies

Don't mess with me, Kathyl. I know where you are. Polly

"KJ" wrote You must find a way to post pictures! Hard to imagine what
the ugliest
fabric ever printed looks like!
KJ

Old December 26th 05, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did Santa bring?/omelets in an bag

Cool! I have never heard of this before. Sounds like fun!
KJ

"elspeth" wrote in message
ink.net...
Really fun.
Guests for breakfast- or a late night snack? Here is an easy way to
prepare a tasty treat.

Recipe for the Omelet in a Bag:

1. Have your guests use a permanent marker to write their
name on a quart size self-locking freezer bag.

2. Crack two large or extra-large eggs into each bag
(more than two will not work.) Shake, mixing them well.

3. Put out a variety of ingredients such as grated cheeses
ham, onion, green pepper. tomato, frozen hash browns
(don't put too many of these in-they take over), salsa,
cooked bacon, precooked sausage.

4. Have the guests add the prepared ingredients of their
choice to the bag and shake. Make sure to get the air
out of the bag and zip it up.

5. Place the bags into rolling-boiling water for exactly 13 min-
utes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot.
For more, make another pot of boiling water.

6. Open the bag and the omelet will roll out easily. Be
prepared for everyone to be amazed.

This is very nice to serve with fresh fruit and/or coffee cake. Its a
great conversation piece and everyone gets involved in the process. It 's
easy, convenient, and delicious - and NO fat involved. Enjoy.

The veggies come out crisp and not soggy!!! Really easy and tasty!!!

"KJ" wrote in message
Omelets in a bag? Enlighten me!
KJ

"elspeth" wrote in message
ink.net...
A beautiful leather coat my DH brought back from Argentina (unfortunately
I need to lose a few pounds for it to fit well), a computer cam and
microphone/headset combo so we can chat "live" while he is away in
Denmark for the next 6 months, a quilt square a day calendar from my
granddaughters, a James Avery charm necklace with several new charms to
add to the vintage charms I have picked up on E-Bay. We made omelets in a
bag for breakfast -- lots of fun and very tasty and I didn't have to
cook them! We are waiting for the legs of lamb to be finished and then
will sit down for lamb and couscous to be followed by a chocolate
fountain fondu. All in all an absolutely lovely day.

It sounds like others have had a great day also. My happiest Holiday
wishes to all.

Old December 26th 05, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did Santa bring?

I got EQ5 and an extra book to go with it. Renewal of my quilt magazine,
other books, March of the Penguins dvd and the book. Several quilt
magazines, quilt story books, penguin books, pj's with penguins on them
penguin calendar. Lots of different penguins in varies different size
and material. In case you couldn't tell I collect penguins and have them
from all over the world.

Tamara

KJ wrote:
I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all. Santa
came early this year and took me to Scotland with all the shopping
exeditions included. Oh, I guess I did get a new set of tires on my van the
other day. Merry Christmas to me! Almost as expensive as my plane ticket!
Hope you all had a great day. Time to slice the roast and set the table.
KJ

Old December 26th 05, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Nope. Not Santa - but my neighbors said the fabrics looked like they were
chosen by someone who never had an ice cream cone in her life.
Anyone making costumes for the re-enactment of the Great Depression?
Polly

"MB" wrote And Santa did that to you????

Old December 26th 05, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Jack, I wish you could hear the clarity of the $ 15 Bach Stradivarius I
found on ebay. Ah me. Just the sweetest tone ever heard. Polly

"Jack Campin wrote A bunch of musical instruments off EBay, only one of
which has actually
arrived yet (a very strange old German recorder in A, which sounds
amazing). The main one is a Continental chromatic button accordion.
I've wanted one for a long time, partly for Scottish music and partly
so I can exercise my fantasies of being a pulsating-with-passion tango
bandsman or scruffy Parisian musette player in the obligatory ribbed
sweater and seaman's cap (though I draw the line at smoking Gitanes).

Old December 26th 05, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sharon Harper wrote:
LOL, we are on boxing day - washing all the new clothes the kids got,
smashing all the boxes things came in. As you may have read I was lucky
enough to get a beautiful charm bracelet, a "new" old Nigella cookbook, the
new Pat Cornwell book, car seat covers (with the Pink Panther on), a
sleeping bag, makeup bag complete with makeup (my choice - a good Avon
dealer buy). From DH's parents I've got 3 lovely new blouses for work, a
skirt and t-shirt. And everyone close by is healthy and happy. Just a
perfect christmas all round.

No new clothes here but I'm washing any way.

DS has been enjoying his new Duplo stuff, lots more new blocks in
wonderful colours and a ute and a fork lift, and his crayons.
I think he likes his big cushion he does sit on it to play.

We got a Corelle dinner setting, something I've always wanted!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old December 26th 05, 03:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I was totally stunned! The DH gave me a 20" flat screen TV for my quilting
studio/office and Sirius satellite radio! I did get the best quilty gift
though, a box of Godiva chocolates!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"KJ" wrote in message
news%Crf.674611$xm3.174045@attbi_s21...
: I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all.
Santa
: came early this year and took me to Scotland with all the shopping
: exeditions included. Oh, I guess I did get a new set of tires on my van
the
: other day. Merry Christmas to me! Almost as expensive as my plane
ticket!
: Hope you all had a great day. Time to slice the roast and set the table.
: KJ
:
:

Old December 26th 05, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

How in the heck did you score that one Polly? I guess I should start
watching ebay. DD would like to have her own library of instruments. Want
to be a "lookout" for me??
KJ

nk.net...