What did Santa bring?

Old December 26th 05, 01:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Santa brought uglies

I have 20 one-yard pieces of the ugliest fabric ever printed. I don't even
think Jill Pochik would want them for house-breaking puppies. The word
"gross" is lame to describe this bouquet. Polly

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...
The week before Christmas, we traded in my 2 wheel drive pick-up truck
and treated ourselves to The Beast- a big Dodge 4 door 4 wheel drive
pick-up truck. It's burgundy and has a HUGE hemi-magnum engine...
horrible gas mileage, but man does it growl nicely and it rides like a
dream! (My poor arthritic joints really appreciate that!) And I was
so touched... at 55 y.o. and a couple of marriages behind me My Hunky
Mr. Collins gave me a birthstone (dark blue sapphire) ring and necklace
with (petite) diamonds and matching birthstone post earrings- the FIRST
jewelry I have ever received from a man other than a wedding ring! He
also gave me a box of chocolates, a burgundy colored compact umbrella
to keep in The Beast, a lighted fishing bobber (for night fishing- I
usually have to shine a flashlight out on the lake to see if I'm
getting a nibble!) and a snazzy bookmarker- I tend to use rubber bands
or pieces of paper. vbg DDS#1 gave me a book- Quilter's Computer
Companion. Now I can try to learn to design with my computer rather
than graph paper and colored pencils. DDS#2 and DDIL bought us a laser
level. I see several of us received them- how do they apply to
quilting??? His DD#1 and DSIL gave me a pretty basket filled with
goodies- shower gel, small quilting supplies, some lovely candies and 4
FQs. My parents gave us a set of sheets- yummy 550 thread count, but
they are the size for the guest room bed... I didn't say anything as it
would have upset mom that she bought queen instead of king. Oh well...
the guest room needs sheets, too. ;-) And my dearest Big Sis (you
know her as Pat on her hill) sent us a marvelous "document" with the
Collins coat-of-arms and family history. What an amazing, fascinating
gift!

We had all our children and spouses and the granddarlings that live
around here for dinner yesterday and had a wonderful time. I think
this was my best Christmas ever- and that's not even including the
gifts and truck!

Leslie (so happy!) & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 26th 05, 01:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did Santa bring?

The basting gun arrived together with a pack of 10 Thimbleberries FQs
which DH had picked out all by himself. He said the assistants started
to explain about the various measurements, but he told them I used
FQs. So he really does listen when I ramble on!! They are in dark rich
colours, warm and cozy ones, so will wait for inspiration (If anyone
wants to inspire, all advice welcome!)

I also got money from other family members, earmarked for a rack
thingy to use with the gun and more 'bullets'. It said sharing the gun
was a health hazard (sharing needles), thought this was a bit OTT!

Also got a lovely big spice rack and spices from DD, a humourous book,
biscuits and preserved fruits, and other unquilt related bits and
bobs.

DD's cat has taken up residence in the bathroom (we have a floor to
ceiling set of shelves for towels) from where he shouts rude comments
at Hodge when he passes by. Hodge justs shakes his head in disbelief
and walks on. We have named Barney the Bathroom dragon - he goes home
tomorrow.

I've put a couple of photos in my Webshots Album - Our Christmas Lunch
table with crackers, and our Christmas Cake iced by DD who has been on
a cake decoration course. Its so cute I don't want to cut it.

My sit-down-day is Thursday - a lull before the storm of DS, his
partner and her three children (aged 14, 12 and 8). They are only
coming for lunch on their way to a New Years Eve party. Fortunately I
made a large lasagne just in case, so that will come in handy.

Thought of doing a bit of applique, but am so tired I think bed would
be a better idea. I woke every couple of hours last night afraid I
would miss the start time for the turkey. I was a bit late going to
bed and DH was asleep so no alarm set. However it was worth it, as I
think it was the best turkey yet.

All that work, and its nearly over!
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
http://community.webshots.com/user/sallyswinOn Sun, 25 Dec 2005
20:09:07 GMT, "KJ" wrote:

I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all. Santa
came early this year and took me to Scotland with all the shopping
exeditions included. Oh, I guess I did get a new set of tires on my van the
other day. Merry Christmas to me! Almost as expensive as my plane ticket!
Hope you all had a great day. Time to slice the roast and set the table.
KJ

Old December 26th 05, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all.

A bunch of musical instruments off EBay, only one of which has actually
arrived yet (a very strange old German recorder in A, which sounds
amazing). The main one is a Continental chromatic button accordion.
I've wanted one for a long time, partly for Scottish music and partly
so I can exercise my fantasies of being a pulsating-with-passion tango
bandsman or scruffy Parisian musette player in the obligatory ribbed
sweater and seaman's cap (though I draw the line at smoking Gitanes).

Old December 26th 05, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

EQ5, half a digital camera (it was a combined birthday/Christmas gift),
a Vera Bradley pocketbook (thanks for the tip, Paulette!), a plaid throw
from some dear friends, pink (ick) Tinkerbell pajamas (like Tink, not
pink), a SKidmore college tshirt (ancestor of mine founded the school),
Christmas ornaments, angels (I collect them), FQs from Sprite, a glove
and scarf set from my godmother......

DH got Star Trek Enterprise on DVD (1st season), a laser level so that
he won't take mine, a coffee cup and warmer for the new office as well
as a desktop stress-relief punching bag, a heavy-duty flashlight so that
he will stop taking our son's little light grin, and a box of
chocolate covered cherries (and some goofy toys)

The children got too much to list, courtesy of my MIL, who can't travel
long distances and therefore uses Christmas as a time for major spoiling
sigh.

But the *BEST* gift was being able to spend a quiet (relatively) day
with my family with all of us being healthy and well.

I hope all of you got things that you wanted and that the coming year
will be a calmer, more enjoyable, quilty year for all of us!
Old December 26th 05, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Bernina Swiss Army knife (aka Bernina Sew Essential tool)
http://www.berninausa.com/product_de...135558062 892

(www.berninausa.com - products - accessories - general sewing notions
- Swiss SewEssential tool)

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq

Sherry Starr wrote:
DH & I stopped exchanging gifts years ago. If we want something, we buy it.
We have an agreement with everyone else, that we only buy for the grandkids.
DH & I usually buy some different types of food to eat that we don't
normally eat throughout the year. We have different cheeses, crackers, and
smoked sausage. It varies from year to year. We do the same thing for New
Year's Eve and New Year's Day with black-eye peas added. I keep seeing
reference to a Bernina Swiss Army knife. What is this?

Sherry Starr

news%Crf.674611$xm3.174045@attbi_s21...

Old December 26th 05, 02:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

KJ wrote:
I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all. Santa
came early this year and took me to Scotland with all the shopping
exeditions included. Oh, I guess I did get a new set of tires on my van the
other day. Merry Christmas to me! Almost as expensive as my plane ticket!
Hope you all had a great day. Time to slice the roast and set the table.
KJ

Santa renewed my quilting magazines.

The rest of the pressies were non-quilty, but just as welcome.

Well, except for the new dryer. But that's for the house, and not for me.

-georg

Old December 26th 05, 02:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did Santa bring?/omelets in an bag

Really fun.
Guests for breakfast- or a late night snack? Here is an easy way to prepare
a tasty treat.

Recipe for the Omelet in a Bag:

1. Have your guests use a permanent marker to write their
name on a quart size self-locking freezer bag.

2. Crack two large or extra-large eggs into each bag
(more than two will not work.) Shake, mixing them well.

3. Put out a variety of ingredients such as grated cheeses
ham, onion, green pepper. tomato, frozen hash browns
(don't put too many of these in-they take over), salsa,
cooked bacon, precooked sausage.

4. Have the guests add the prepared ingredients of their
choice to the bag and shake. Make sure to get the air
out of the bag and zip it up.

5. Place the bags into rolling-boiling water for exactly 13 min-
utes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot.
For more, make another pot of boiling water.

6. Open the bag and the omelet will roll out easily. Be
prepared for everyone to be amazed.

This is very nice to serve with fresh fruit and/or coffee cake. Its a great
conversation piece and everyone gets involved in the process. It 's easy,
convenient, and delicious - and NO fat involved. Enjoy.

The veggies come out crisp and not soggy!!! Really easy and tasty!!!

"KJ" wrote in message
Omelets in a bag? Enlighten me!
KJ

"elspeth" wrote in message
ink.net...
A beautiful leather coat my DH brought back from Argentina (unfortunately
I need to lose a few pounds for it to fit well), a computer cam and
microphone/headset combo so we can chat "live" while he is away in Denmark
for the next 6 months, a quilt square a day calendar from my
granddaughters, a James Avery charm necklace with several new charms to
add to the vintage charms I have picked up on E-Bay. We made omelets in a
bag for breakfast -- lots of fun and very tasty and I didn't have to cook
them! We are waiting for the legs of lamb to be finished and then will sit
down for lamb and couscous to be followed by a chocolate fountain fondu.
All in all an absolutely lovely day.

It sounds like others have had a great day also. My happiest Holiday
wishes to all.

Old December 26th 05, 02:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

and tonight a box of sugar free chocolates, an angel for my collection,
coffee cup, gift card AND a flat screen TV!!!!!

--
Mary (Idaho to Oregon via Montana)

"maryd" wrote in message
: $$, patch afghan (DDIL knits squares and whip stitches them together in a
: pattern), mouse pad with wrist rest, trivet that can also hang on the
wall,
: and meat and cheese box.
:
: --