Roll Call!

Old November 15th 05, 01:10 PM
frood

Default Roll Call!

Ok, in addition to this new fun frappr toy, we have had quite a few newbies
join us lately. And a few oldies seem to be crawling out of the woodwork.
VBG So... let's all introduce ourselves. If you pinned yourself on Frappr,
let us know so we can see where you are.

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Old November 15th 05, 01:24 PM
Susie

I've been mostly a lurker here.
I'm Susie from northern NY and yes I pinned myself at Frappr.
I started quilting two years ago, I am an avid bread baker, I started
knitting on October 1st and I will be doing machine embroidery "after"
Christmas.
I skim messages at times because there is so many and have lost touch
with what is going one here but do enjoy what I can take time to read,
Susie

Old November 15th 05, 01:40 PM
elspeth

On Frappr I'm Elizabeth in Spring (Texas). I don't have much time for
quilting right now (I teach life skills to students with autism and/or
mental retardation and they do keep me busy!). I have been working on the
RCTQ blocks of the month but am seriously behind. I have been experimenting
with colors I rarely use. While I can't see being able to use them all in
one quilt, I have enjoyed the color play.

Susie, thanks for delurking; and Wendy, thanks for the roll call.

Elizabeth in Spring

Old November 15th 05, 01:43 PM
Georg

frood wrote:
Ok, in addition to this new fun frappr toy, we have had quite a few newbies
join us lately. And a few oldies seem to be crawling out of the woodwork.
VBG So... let's all introduce ourselves. If you pinned yourself on Frappr,
let us know so we can see where you are.

/wave
I'm Georg. I am currently working on a baby quilt for the new
nephew/neice that my sister-in-law is expecting. She lost the last one,
but has recovered enough to where she has gotten pregnant again. We're
keeping our toes crossed that she'll keep it. This quilt is a huge plaid
teddy bear, of my own wonky design.

Immediate to-do list is a vest for my sweetie to shoot darts in for
warmth. Some time later I will put together the Evil SunBonnet Sue quilt
with a backing of pornographic stack and whack (found a lovely print to
use of a selection of scantily clad witches on purple). And of course
the once and future project is my dear Jane- 36 blocks, 8 triangles, and
still stitching.

I live in the wilds of upstate NY with my sweetie, 4 cats and Dog.
Colin, for those who comforted me in my cat drama, is doing a bit better
on a routine of B12, Pepcid, and prednisolone. He is able to get up and
down off the shelf next to my computer desk on his own and wrestles with
Pepe often about who the top male cat is around here. We have to watch
him, because sometimes he gets dehydrated, and sometimes he needs help
cleaning his rear and it needs to get shaved. Fat Cat is home from fat
camp, where she lost about 8 pounds over the year. Unfortunately, I
think she's gained most of it back already.

-georg
Old November 15th 05, 01:44 PM
Susie

Default Roll Call!/Elizabeth

Elizabeth,
Sounds like you're a busy gal.
I have a sister in Temple, TX. She is the only one of us 9 kids
that are out of NY. I wonder if she is the smart one. LOL.
Enjoy your day,
Susie

Old November 15th 05, 02:13 PM
C & S

I'm Carole and I live in Upstate NY with DH, DD, 2 cats (Bud & Maggie), 1
dog, (Bear) 2 aquariums (Sparkles, Percy, The Fat Controller, George &
Josephina (2 African dwarf frogs) and many others) and lots of wild birds
and what not. I'm working on reducing my list on the "get it done challenge
2005" with not much success. I go to school full time in Montreal. Still
trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up, which I doubt I ever
will at this age.
--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Fine style does not make something true, nor has a man a wise soul
because he has a handsome face and well-chosen eloquence.

Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)

Old November 15th 05, 02:16 PM
frood

Here I am! I'm Wendy, the infiniately frood. I live in Apex NC, the Peak of
Good Living! I've been married for nearly 19 years to a wonderful man, and
we have 5 children, ranging in age from 14 yo DD (eye rolling champion of
the Western Hemisphere) to 5yo Spike and Giles, the chaos twins. We also
have a furry roommate - Mungo MacDuff, a big shaggy dog of uncertain
parentage. He doesn't do much in-progress quilt inspecting, but will happily
lay on any quilt that falls on the floor. Spike and Giles are my primary
Quilt Inspectors, and take the job very seriously.

I've been quilting since just before DD#2 (Miss Fussy Rose) was born. I
prefer bright colors, ethnic fabrics and an unabashed disreguard for the
Quilt Police! I also enjoy chocolate and candy-making during the cooler
months. While I will happily share my fabric stash with anyone who comes by
for a rootle, touching the chocolate stash will lose you an arm.

Look for me on the Frappr map in NC, USA as Wendy (frood).

Old November 15th 05, 02:53 PM
D Curtis

You know Georg, if youre going to take all that time to make a vest for
a block you really oughten not let him fill it full of holes. That is
what the dart board is for. Furthermore, when said vest is full of holes
then it surely wont be as warm.
Diana, hoping G's sweety will at least take the vest off before tossing
darts at it.

Old November 15th 05, 03:03 PM
Susie

Default Roll Call!/Carole

Carole,
Thanks.
I just got done looking at your quilts. They are super.
My photos are he
http://community.webshots.com/user/susies1955
Susie