OT Rant about posts

Old September 24th 05, 02:34 AM
AliceW

Yes, but this time OT stands for "over this".

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"SNIGDIBBLY" wrote in message
: Sounds like you are still OT - ms. alice. LOL!!
:
: --
: http://community.webshots.com/user/snigdibbly
: SNIGDIBBLY
: ~e~
: "
: / \
: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/snigdibbly.
: http://www.ebaystores.com/snigdibbly...ox&refid=store
: "AliceW" wrote in message
: ...
: Could someone PLEASE change the subject of this thread!
:
: --
: Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
: http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
: "Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
: grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack
:
:
:
: "SNIGDIBBLY" wrote in message
: news:xPxYe.19045$tB5.2419@okepread06...
: :I must be thinking of another town then because the town I was thinking
: of
: : was in Missouri and east of Lamar.
: :
: : I don't know about McDonald County - especially the east side. The
last
: : time I was thru there - it hadn't changed a bit. Law Enforcement
: wouldn't
: : come if called and everyone claimed it was a law unto itself. It's
the
: only
: : place I was shot at druing an investigation - my back up - a little
: skinny
: : county deputy - beat me back to his car and left before I did. He
never
: : looked back. LOL!!
: :
: :
: : --
: : http://community.webshots.com/user/snigdibbly
: : SNIGDIBBLY
: : ~e~
: : "
: : / \
: : http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/snigdibbly.
: : http://www.ebaystores.com/snigdibbly...ox&refid=store
: : "teleflora" wrote in message
: : news:OfGXe.75101$Sj1.37239@okepread04...
: :
: : "SNIGDIBBLY" wrote in message
: : news:VXCXe.18334$tB5.16515@okepread06...
: : I think you are right about fall color being late this year. So far
: : everything is still pretty green. I will try to remember to remind
: you.
: :
: : I know where you live. Lamar is the home town of President Truman,
: isn't
: : it? I've been all over the state when I was a social worker for
: Jasper
: : County. We would run out available foster home placements and have
: : look to other counties for placements. I think I've had a kid or
two
: : placed in Shelton. It can get hilly further east of you - out near
: the
: : lake country.
: :
: : Powell, MO is located in east McDonald County near the Arkansas
state
: : line on "E" highway. Albert E. Brumley's home town. He had a
music
: : publishing company there. He wrote "I'll Fly Away" and other
country
: and
: : gospel songs. When I first moved there I got to meet him and his
wife
: : Goldy. They were wonderful, simple hill folk. Their son was the
post
: : master at the little Post Office in Powell. Mr. Brumley died the
: next
: : year and was buried in the Powell Cemetary. His business and the
: General
: : Merchantile and gas station was all there was in Powell.
: :
: : Just a wide spot in the road. I loved it but most of the folks
there
: : didn't like outsiders and most were all related.
: : Not only was I from the West Coast but I was DIVORCED with 2
: children.
: :
: : As a CA/N investigator I never got close with people I lived next
: door
: : because I never knew who I was going to end up investigating. I
: never
: : developed the need to socialize with my neighbors and would have
: welcomed
: : their hospitality but wasn't lost without it. I spoke to people
and
: they
: : would nod back politely but that was the end of it. If you ever
get
: a
: : chance to drive thru that area it's a picturesque little town.
: :
: : They have the Albert E. Brumley Hill & Hollow Folk Festival there
: every
: : year about this time. There is an arts & crafts festival and good
: Blue
: : Grass music on Friday night and all day Saturday. On Sunday they
: have
: : Country Gospel Music. You park your car out in the pasture (watch
: for
: : cow patties) and bring your own folding chairs and ice chest. No
: alcohol
: : allowed.
: :
: :
: :
: : I love Bluegrass music. I try to get to Winfield Kansas to the
: Bluegrass
: : Festival over Labor Day, but since joining the quilt guild, that's
: when
: : the annual show is so I don't get to go anymore. I know where you
are
: : talking about. Hopefully those people are all gone now. I'm sure
the
: : behavior still exists, but surely even they have joined civilization
: by
: : now.
: :
: : Right now I live in SE Kansas. DH is a trap shooter and there is a
: trap
: : club by Sheldon and the guy who runs it wants to retire and DH
really
: : wants to buy his place. I've been out there and love it, so I am
more
: : than ready.
: :
: : I will be heading to War Eagle in October. Hopefully, the trees
will
: be
: : at full peak.
: :
: : Cindy "Some bright morning when this life is over, I'll fly away"
: : Oh great, now THAT's stuck in my head.
: :
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

Old September 26th 05, 01:54 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

LOL!! That works.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"AliceW" wrote in message
Yes, but this time OT stands for "over this".

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
"Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack

"SNIGDIBBLY" wrote in message
: Sounds like you are still OT - ms. alice. LOL!!
:
: --
: http://community.webshots.com/user/snigdibbly
: SNIGDIBBLY