okay, now what

Old July 20th 05, 12:08 AM
Butterfly

Our "Hugs" were NOT made to make money...with a couple of well known planned
exceptions--IF I am remembering correctly.
This probably would be best going to the gal that is collecting
(Dreamweaver?) for a certain project.......sorry the real reason and whom
escapes me at the moment.
Best thing I think would be for our Queen to draw up a list of say maybe 4
ideas and have those that made squares for this Hug vote on it....if it
isn't too much work for our Queen to do.......
Whaddaya think, Karen?
Just glad it came back 'home' so to speak.

Butterfly

"Liz A." wrote in message
oups.com...
My suggestion is to give it to a charity that holds auctions to raise
money. Around here, Northwest Medical Team holds a yearl auction to
help raise funds. They send medical teams all around the world, the
recent tsunami they sent a LOT of medical help. They have been rated by
Forbes magazine as one of the country's 10 best charities because of
the large percentage of every dollar that actually goes to aid. Our
small, private quilting group made a quilt for their annual auction
last year. Big time spenders usually go to the event and it's always a
big la-de-da black tie event.

Liz A.-- who has some friends in the medical field who have gone to
Africa & Haiti for NW Medical Team
Kent, WA

Old July 20th 05, 12:21 AM
Christina in Ok

We made it as a hug quilt, and it should remain as such.
a Hug quilt

My blocks are made from the heart, as with everyone else who added blocks
and there time and work.

the returned quilt was just too strong with love and understanding and with
our well wishes.. that it came back, it still needs a good home.
the quilt has no bad feelings with it, or around it, because it was made out
of love, before we learned of all of this.

It still does not change the fact, that the quilt is strong in love.

"Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in message
NanaV has returned the Hug quilt to me, unasked for. Now what?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 20th 05, 12:24 AM
Betsy Ross

I'm putting in my suggestion of a
charity: www.quiltsforsoldiers.com.

Susan

Old July 20th 05, 12:33 AM
Morag in Detroit

I'm sure this is a minority opinion but I think we should give it back
to her. She obviously needs the love and it was made for her with
loving feelings.

Although she deceived us, it is HER quilt and I think that's why we're
having trouble deciding on a new home for it.

Just think about it.

Morag in Detroit

Old July 20th 05, 01:09 AM
Johanna Gibson

On 19 Jul 2005 16:33:25 -0700, "Morag in Detroit"
wrote:

I'm sure this is a minority opinion but I think we should give it back
to her. She obviously needs the love and it was made for her with
loving feelings.

Although she deceived us, it is HER quilt and I think that's why we're
having trouble deciding on a new home for it.

Just think about it.

Morag in Detroit

I didn't make a block for this quilt, so I realize I have no voting
rights in what happens to it. I think Morag in Detroit has a point.
This person has been deceitful, but now is at least trying to mend
that. I hope to be as forgiving as Morag when I grow up.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old July 20th 05, 01:15 AM
Irrational Number

Morag in Detroit wrote:

I'm sure this is a minority opinion but I think we should give it back
to her. She obviously needs the love and it was made for her with
loving feelings.

Although she deceived us, it is HER quilt and I think that's why we're
having trouble deciding on a new home for it.

Just think about it.

Morag, you are too cool! I want to be like you.

-- Anita --

Old July 20th 05, 01:25 AM
nzlstar*

she has one hug quilt already from rctq tho, if i'm not mistaken.
i'm sure that one will do the job as it was meant to do.
seems to me it was returned more because she came to the conclusion that one
has enough love in it and it should go to someone else who is also in need.
i already considered that option and still think she only needs the one and
another person is in need out there somewhere who would get great comfort
from this even it if wasnt made specifically for them. the love should be
spread around i reckon.
jeanne
basking in the love of rctq as i type this... yes butterfly and still
grinning
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Morag in Detroit" wrote...

Old July 20th 05, 02:38 AM
Dannielle

I didn't get a chance to participate in this particular HUG, but I would be
more than happy to take the quilt and give it to a child battling cancer. I
have a friend who is a social worker in a pediatric oncology hospital in
Westchester County, NY.

Just an option if you want! (Like you don't have enough ideas being thrown
at you, right?)

Dannielle

Old July 20th 05, 03:09 AM
Marlys in Indiana

My vote is to donate it to charity or raffle it off and give the money
to a worthwhile charity, of course, it does have everyone's name on
it. Would that be a deterrent from public display? Just a thought.
Marlys in Indiana