Scissor preference?

Old May 28th 05, 05:22 PM
Debra

On Fri, 27 May 2005 23:48:59 +0100, Kate Dicey
wrote:

DH's granddad was a cabinet maker and joiner. I have his pin hammer in
my tool kit, and my own set of screwdrivers for sewing machines. I used
to pinch DH's snippers and needle nosed pliers until he got me a set of
my own for Christmas one year! Essential parts of the sewing kit, these!

When I was young there were only three tools in the house. A pair of
vise grip pliers, a flat head screwdriver, and a hammer. If the first
two tools couldn't repair an item the last tool could, one way or
another, end the problem. :-D As soon as I could afford it I bought
enough small tools at a flea market to easily deal with any small
household repairs and I kept them all in a cardboard shoe box under
the sink. The cardboard box is long gone and so are some of those
tools, but I still have my first pair of needle nose pliers, and my
side cutters are still around too. (DH prefers snippers while I like
side cutters.) The needle nose pliers are a "must have" tool for me
too. I think every woman should have her own small box of tools for
all the little things that can be quickly repaired.
Debra in VA
Old May 28th 05, 06:45 PM
Taria

I have a nice red handled hammer that dh gave me for a present
one year. It is light and so nice to use. Much better than
the big framing hammer I had! One of my favorite things is
a block plane my dad gave to me. He used it for a lot of
years. I have found memories of the long curls of wood
it created. A bit ago he gave us each one of his tools. I got
the plane.I laughed as I bubble wrapped it for our last move.
It sits it a place of honor in the front room.
Taria

Old May 29th 05, 01:32 AM
Pauline O'Connell

When DH & I got together, I did have my own tool box & could pretty much
handle any small repairs around my apartment. After we moved in together,
my tool box got ravaged & my favorite tools got mixed in with DH's. He has
bunches of hammers & screwdrivers, etc. to say nothing of the power tools,
but when I want to do some minor repair, he's like a knight in shining armor
& wants to do it himself. (Sometimes, I do it when he's not around)

Pauline

Old May 29th 05, 04:39 PM
Maureen Wozniak

When I moved in with David, my toolbox, which was a work in progress,
went to the condo in Evanston. I may eventually bring it back here to
keep in the sewing room, so I'll have screwdrivers and a hammer when I
want them without having to search through Dave's things.

Maureen