Quick Quilt top dance

Old March 7th 05, 09:42 PM
Karen Johnson

Diana,
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamo...=18f9.jpg&.src

Very pretty ... I _love_ patterns that break the frame that way. It
just adds so much interest.

She should be thrilled!

Karen Johnson

http://www.dabukar.com
Old March 7th 05, 09:58 PM
Judy Kerr

Oh, that's really lovely! You have a real talent for design. And a totally
stash quilt as well. You have my deepest admiration!

Judy in UK
Remove NOSPAM to reply

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamo...=18f9.jpg&.src
=ph
SIL is coming to visit for two weeks, starting this Sunday. I thought it
would be nice if she had a quilt to sleep under and then save me postage

and
the worry of sending it to New Brunswick by making her a very fast Irish
Chain quilt. It looks as tho it will be finished while she is here, there
are no batting pieces big enough to put together here.
The Irish Chain part is a large scale pink/yellow and blue floral

paisley,
the chain is a deep raspberry geometric tone on tone, and the borders are

bit of this and that found in the stash. I think she will love it. It had

small accident and a small crochet heart applique will be needed to mend a
tear in the border. Lesson learned? Use the seam ripper. :-)
It just dawned on me that this is a totally made from stash quilt! Yay!
You all have been a good influence on me. My piecing is finally reaching

the
acceptable level and that makes me think I wont give up on quilting after
all. Not yet. :-)
Diana

--
I know all the answers, it's the questions I have problems with

Old March 7th 05, 10:07 PM
Patti

That's really pretty, Diana.
What a thoughtful hostess!
..
In article , Diana Curtis
writes
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamo...=18f9.jpg&.src
=ph
SIL is coming to visit for two weeks, starting this Sunday. I thought it
would be nice if she had a quilt to sleep under and then save me postage and
the worry of sending it to New Brunswick by making her a very fast Irish
Chain quilt. It looks as tho it will be finished while she is here, there
are no batting pieces big enough to put together here.
The Irish Chain part is a large scale pink/yellow and blue floral paisley,
the chain is a deep raspberry geometric tone on tone, and the borders are a
bit of this and that found in the stash. I think she will love it. It had a
small accident and a small crochet heart applique will be needed to mend a
tear in the border. Lesson learned? Use the seam ripper. :-)
It just dawned on me that this is a totally made from stash quilt! Yay!
You all have been a good influence on me. My piecing is finally reaching the
acceptable level and that makes me think I wont give up on quilting after
all. Not yet. :-)
Diana

--
I know all the answers, it's the questions I have problems with

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 7th 05, 10:09 PM
Bronnie

Lovely quilt and colours Diana! Well done! Lucky SIL.

Old March 7th 05, 11:10 PM
Diana Curtis

Thank you! Maybe I need to have relatives stop in more often? Its amazing
what a deadline can do. :-)
Diana

Old March 7th 05, 11:11 PM
Diana Curtis

Even here in the states its considered bad form to allow your guests to lie
shivering in bed during a Wisconsin winter. Thank you Patti. It was a rather
fun top to make!
Diana

"Patti" wrote in message
That's really pretty, Diana.
What a thoughtful hostess!
.
In article , Diana Curtis
writes

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamo...m=18f9.jpg&.sr

Old March 7th 05, 11:22 PM
Louise

I like, I like, I like! Such a lucky SIL! You did a great job of designing
this one, and the colors are terrific.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old March 7th 05, 11:24 PM
Queen of Squishies

Wow! Next time you have 10 minutes or so you can throw one of those
together for me. I like pansies.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us

Old March 7th 05, 11:30 PM
sdgodfrey

Wow, it's wonderful when a quick quilt turns out this fabulous. I'm
starting a Triple Irish Chain for my sister next week and I'm really
looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing your quilt...Irish Chains are
one of my favorites. (Although I do have many "favorites")

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey