Roll Call!

Old January 8th 05, 01:52 PM
frood

Or even somebody naming all their kids and the dog with 5-letter names....
just because the parents have 5-letter names.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"handmaiden" wrote in message
Went to school with a sweet red-headed girl named... Cherri Redd. Then
there was the family with the kidlets named.... Stormi, Raini, Wendi,
Sunni, Hailie, Spring and Autumn that I babysat for. I was sure their
parents were cracked.
~handmaiden

Old January 8th 05, 01:55 PM
frood

But Kickmenow Paltrow has such a lilting ring to it.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Makes you cringe doesn't it? Can you imagine what Gwyneth's daughter is
going to feel like growing up. Apple? Oh lord might as well have called
her "Kickmenow"!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
THere were some sisters (maybe twins) in Oklahoma,
daughters of UofOK fans, named Sooner and Boomer.
I had a neighbor with two girls with 'coordinating'
names. One was Misty Dawn and the other name escapes my
memory. Heather something? Something Rae? This was in
early 70's. Interesting!
PAT in VA/USA

A&T wrote:

I went to college with a set of twins named.....

Candy and Sugar Kane

I thought even then that their parents ought to be shot!!

Tricia

"nana2b" wrote in message

There is a guy on local radio whose name is Benjamin Dover. What were

his
folks thinking? Linda

Old January 8th 05, 02:34 PM
Sally Swindells

Uncles wife was Iris Aster Lobellia - she always looked embarressed
when she used her passport. I believe her sisters were Poppy, Rose
and Pansy. I can remember being disappointed as a child that her
brothers weren't called Oak and Ash, but George and Henry!

Also used to know a family called Leafe who called their son Timothy.

Sally

Old January 8th 05, 03:51 PM
Pat in Virginia

They are nuts too!! How about people who name their
kids and dogs with the same middle initial "C", just
because both parents have the same "C" in the middle.

(The only DDIL has the "C" too ... she had a choice,
but went with her Birth Name to keep with the "C" ...
what a keeper!!)

PAT in VA/USA

Old January 8th 05, 06:06 PM
nana2b

2 yr old boys? LOL

Old January 9th 05, 06:20 PM
Katrina Case

Loren in Seattle wrote:
[...] True confessions, last year my 8 year
quilting obsession slipped back into a bit of a knitting obsession (I
did knit first) but that didn't stop me from asking DH for a new sewing
machine for Christmas. Yep, now I get to quilt on a brother PQ1500s!

Hey, Loren! Congratulations on your new machine; that sounds great!

Coincidentally, I've slipped back into lurking (off and on) and
knitting as well, mostly scarves and hats and the odd fulled bag as
yet. And dyeing. And spinning on a drop spindle, at least a
little. It's easier to multi-task than quilting is for me right now.

Quilting-wise, I lurked on RCTQ quite a while ago, then joined more
actively around the time of the millennium square swap. I generally
do/did machine work, though I might get back into felt hand applique'
because it's easier on my eyes, and I still need to finish the baby
quilt for the younger of my two DDs... preferably in time for her
second birthday (ouch!) as it's coming up at the end of this month.
My very dear DH and I have two feline QIs as well. I like batiks, I
like strata, and I like having a workshop that's more organized than
its current state!

Re-organizing my web pages has been on the back burner as well, but
I have three quilty projects -- the baby quilt, felt applique Santa
pillow, and curvy quilt -- up he
http://www.kcase.org/tmp/

Katrina in Seattle
Old January 9th 05, 06:39 PM
Pat in Virginia

Sarah: Books are always appropriate. When we had
kidlets at home, I liked to keep a supply of books on
hand for gifts. I bought books in or ahead of the ages
of my boys. If we did not use for gift in a certain
period, then I had a nice treat for my own family.
Saved dashing out on a cold winter night! PAT in VA/USA

Sarah Dixon wrote:
I hope your Durham has got better weather than we have! We had a severe
weather warning out last night, gales and pouring rain still going. I'm
going to get soaked but we've got to go out as DS is going to a friends
birthday party and I haven't got a present yet. Any idea what 2 yr old
girls like?

Sarah

Old January 9th 05, 07:54 PM
Heidi from Germany

Am I the last one ?
My name is Heidi and I live in Germany, which you would have guessed
from my signature and screen name g. I'm married, have 2 kids and
one QI ( black lazy cat ) . I'm quilting since 1997 and soon found
this newsgroup which helped me a lot since then. I machine piece,
handquilt and just discovered the wonders of free motion machine
quilting last year. I love simple patterns or traditional patterns and
stars ...
Heidi from Germany
PS great idea, Wendy !
"frood" schrieb:

As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them. But,
while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very easily. (ok,
except for a few gabby folks.... ;-P ) So, as a start to a new year, I
thought it would be fun to tell a bit about ourselves, and get to know each
other. I'm sure the newbies aren't the only one trying to keep the players
straight without a score card!

Ok, here goes! I'm Wendy, posting as "frood". I live in Central NC, USA. I'm
married to a fabulous man, and we have 5 kids, ranging from 13 to 4 yo
twins, known online as Spike and Giles. I've been quilting for about 7 or 8
years, mostly machine piecing and machine quilting. I love bright colors,
and I collect vintage textiles.

http://quilt-hb.gmxhome.de/
mail: please remove quilt from address
Old January 9th 05, 07:56 PM
ME-Judy

I'll piggyback this as I, too, missed the original post.
This is ME-Judy from Brunswick, ME! I'm 63, married for 36 yrs to DH Don,
have 6 kids ranging from 40s on down to 20s. Was a Navy Wife till DH
retired about 20 yrs ago and he then worked out at the base at the FSC.

I'm originally from Portland, Oregon. Taught school in Bend, OR, and then
taught for the Dept of Defense Overseas Dependent Schools in Okinawa, Japan.
Been a lot of places in this world - and home is always best (regardless of
where on the map it may be G).

We have one QI - a beagle rescue named Gus. He's a love, but can be a bit
of a "velcro hound" sometimes.

I've been quilting for ages on and off. Now that all the kids are out on
their own, I took over one bedroom for my sewing room. My DH chides me that
I'm trying to "insulate the house with fabric" against the cold winters. G
I keep thinking that I can complete a project from the stash - hasn't worked
out that way yet!

Have met some of the RCTQ'rs out in the Chicago area when visiting my
SIL.... had a ball! (shop-hopping for fabric/patterns/notions unavailable up
here).

I LOVE "Press'N'Seal"!!! I love Stack-N-Whack quilts. I love finding
shortcut ways to do things. I love country colors (especially blues and
reds - not necessarily in the same project.) I'm not a huge fan of brights
or purples.

That's me!
ME-Judy

Old January 11th 05, 12:27 AM
Rustqlts2

Hi All!
It took me a while to get with the program, but guess I'd better 'clude
myself in this roll call! I'm an ex-Air Force wife, (widowed in '81) with
three adult children: a son who lives in the same town as I; a son in Rome GA,
and a daughter in Ashburton, Victoria, Australia.
Regarding quilting: since I enjoy the process far more than the product, I
begin many more projects than I complete--and usually don't worry about it;
it's got to be fun or it isn't worth it(g). I have at least a dozen WIPs that
I plan to complete this year -- so I can start others. I began lurking in the
mid-90's on the AOL quilting and graduated to RCTQ--my first post here shows up
in 1997.
After my three children and five grandchildren, my passion is always
four-legged and fuzzy; currently a beagle lap dog, but any canine or feline
will do in a pinch; I like most animals better than most people--and I really
like people too.
I *love* traveling and meeting kindred spirits, reading mysteries, and
retirement.
Since I'm older'n dirt, I've been retired since 1992 and am enjoying every
minute of it; there just aren't as many hours in a retirement day a regular
work day(g)

rusty in Rossville GA (and as you may have noted, brevity is not one of my
strong points!)

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 01:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 04:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM