Roll Call!

Old January 7th 05, 01:42 AM
frood

hubba hubba hubby!

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
Put on your Big Girl panties and just deal with it. -- unknown

"A&T" wrote in message
ink.net...
He was with me at the show. I introduced him to Wendy and Rusty as my pool
boy.

Tricia

Old January 7th 05, 01:50 PM
Marigold

Hi, DH started off with hunting/camping knives and has moved into kitchen
knives. He prefers to do 1 of a kind custom knives but has found high end
steak knives to be particularly lucrative :-) Pictures can be seen at
www.rangeroriginal.com

Marilyn

"DrQuilter" wrote in message
Hi Marigold.. DH wants to know what kind of knife your DH makes....

Marigold wrote:
Hi. This is a great idea for the start of a new year!

I'm Marilyn (online as Marigold). I am married for the 3rd and LAST time

a wonderful guy who is also married for the 3rd and last time! Between

us we
have 16 children ( I have 5 biological, he has 5 biological and the

other
six were picked up in second marriages but we've kept them all!) They

range
in age from 12 to 32. None of them live with us at present, but you

never
know what tomorrow might bring. We are now at 18 grandchildren (last one
born Dec 1 2004). We have two dogs (golden retrievers) and 1 calico cat.

I have been sewing as long as I can remember(long time!) Made several

baby
quilts back in the early 70's but didn't really think of it as quilting
because it wasn't cutting up scraps! Apparently thats what I thought
quilting was about! I finally made my first scrap quilt about 1982. The

hard
way! It is not a work of art! I had no instruction, just cut up squares

of
scraps and outgrown kids clothes, stitched them all together in long

rows
and then stitched the long rows together, layered it with batting and an

old
sheet and attempted to manuever it through my sewing machine to stitch

in
the ditch. It's not something I show off, but it sure holds memories! It

was
a long painstaking process and almost finished my life as a quilter.

Then I
was introduced to a rotary cutter, strip piecing and all the modern

miracle
ideas for quilting and now I can't seem to get enough. I want to try it

all
!

I am currently finishing my third denim (blue jean scrap) quilt since

Nov. I
did a baby quilt in Nov. and sewed several xmas presents that were not
quilts. I'm looking for ideas for a wedding quilt for my biological DS

who is getting married in the summer??? (No date yet!)

My husband is a knife maker and together we operate an online webstore

for
his knives and knife making supplies. We also have a web hosting

business. I
am currently looking at ideas for a quilters gift site (any ideas would

be
welcome??) I do t-shirt imprinting, specializing in quilters themes and
knifemakers sayings.
I also do the leatherwork to go with my husbands knives. What I want to

try
next is button making from the scraps of exotic wood from his knife
handles.... Kind of like quilting..... using up scraps??

I don't post on here often, but when I'm feeling cut off from the world

( We
live an hour from anywhere in a village of 400 people and I don't have a

car
on the road right now!) reading the posts makes me feel like I'm still

part
of the world.

Happy New Year to All !
Great quilting in 2005

"frood" wrote in message
news
As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them.

But,

while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very easily.

(ok,

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)

Old January 7th 05, 03:37 PM
Mika

I know a couple of sisters who are named Baby Doll and Doll Baby. Having
worked in OB in the late 70's to mid 80's and helping parents fill out birth
certificate forms, I have seen some real doozies. One mother named her baby
Buzz Saw.

Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

"A&T" wrote in message
ink.net...
I went to college with a set of twins named.....

Candy and Sugar Kane

I thought even then that their parents ought to be shot!!

Tricia

"nana2b" wrote in message
There is a guy on local radio whose name is Benjamin Dover. What were
his
folks thinking? Linda

Old January 7th 05, 06:44 PM
Pati Cook

Sharon, When will you learn that any post from Polly *IS* a beverage
warning.................

Pati, in Phx

Sharon Harper wrote:

Oh Gosh Polly! When will you learn to post a beverage warning -
pleeeeeeeeeeeze???

Old January 7th 05, 08:07 PM
Sarah Dixon

Hi, I'm Sarah, I'm 31 and I live in Durham City in the UK. I've been
with DH for 15 years, but married for only 5 yrs. I have 1 DS who is
26months and dynamite on 2 legs! In my previous life I was production
manager for a small manufacturing company, but I took the decision to be
a full time mum. I do some volunteer work to keep my brain working. I
also enjoy researching my family tree.

I like yellow and blue, and bright quilts but I'm only a beginner. I've
been quilting for just over a year and mainly lurk here.

My aim for this year is to do a small wall hanging each month using a
different technique / style. I've just got so many ideas buzzing around
that I'll never find time to do large quilts in them, so I'm going to
play with small A4 to A3 sized quilts.

Sarah
Old January 7th 05, 10:24 PM
frood

Sarah, Durham is the next town over from me. But my Durham is in North
Carolina, US! G What are size A4 to A3 quilts? Miniatures?

Old January 8th 05, 01:19 AM
Pat in Virginia

THere were some sisters (maybe twins) in Oklahoma,
daughters of UofOK fans, named Sooner and Boomer.
I had a neighbor with two girls with 'coordinating'
names. One was Misty Dawn and the other name escapes my
memory. Heather something? Something Rae? This was in
early 70's. Interesting!
PAT in VA/USA

Old January 8th 05, 01:34 AM
Sharon Harper

Makes you cringe doesn't it? Can you imagine what Gwyneth's daughter is
going to feel like growing up. Apple? Oh lord might as well have called
her "Kickmenow"!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old January 8th 05, 02:36 AM
Pat in Virginia

The actress Blythe Danner, Gwyneth's mother, stated in
an interview I believe it is more common to name
children after fruit in the United Kingdom. (More or
less what she said.) I've met a few American women
named Cherry, but no other fruit names.
How about it, oh British friends? Are you using lots of
fruit names over there? How about nuts?
PAT in VA/USa

Old January 8th 05, 03:08 AM
Diana Curtis

The name Quince comes to mind.. in the form of Quincey... that is what my
cousin named one of his sons. I dont remember the other sons name...
Current? Lingonberry, Mincemeat, perhaps?
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Sharon Harper wrote:

Makes you cringe doesn't it? Can you imagine what Gwyneth's daughter is
going to feel like growing up. Apple? Oh lord might as well have

called
her "Kickmenow"!

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 01:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 04:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM