Roll Call!

Old January 5th 05, 10:35 PM
Johanna Gibson

On 4 Jan 2005 15:05:51 -0800, "Loren in Seattle"
wrote:

I'm Loren, I live in Seattle, I've been around RCTQ for at least a few
years g but mostly now I lurk. True confessions, last year my 8 year
quilting obsession slipped back into a bit of a knitting obsession (I
did knit first) but that didn't stop me from asking DH for a new sewing
machine for Christmas. Yep, now I get to quilt on a brother PQ1500s!

I'm properly addicted to chocolate (the darker the better) -- would
only give it up if I had to choose between that and coffee. Have 2
DD's 11 & 13, 2 canine QI's, a pretty darn good DH (see christmas gift
above).

I think you can visit a few of my quilts and family on the picture site
of yahoo, try http://photos.yahoo.com/loren2

Any other knitting quilters out there?

Loren in Seattle

Every winter I vow to learn to knit better - I can knit and purl,
but proper knitting patterns confuse me, and the idea of
decreasing/increasing or changing colour make me a bit weak in the
knees.
Every summer I vow to get a UK driving license too.
There's no point making New Year resolutions, based on my track
record......

-- Jo in Scotland

Old January 5th 05, 10:59 PM
georg

Johanna Gibson wrote:

Every winter I vow to learn to knit better - I can knit and purl,
but proper knitting patterns confuse me, and the idea of
decreasing/increasing or changing colour make me a bit weak in the
knees.

Jo- I'm right with you there! I don't change color, and I have no clue
on how to read the directions for patterns. So I just do solid color
afghans. Most of the time just straight garter stitch. I know how to
cable and purl, so sometimes I get fancy on an edge. Otherwise, I don't
bother.

-georg
Old January 5th 05, 11:17 PM
Joan8904

I'm Joan, aka joan8904. 58 years old, married for almost 26 years to the man
of my dreams. Two sons, ages 33 and 30; one wonderful grandson, 2 1/12. (And
grandchild expected this summer! Whooppee!) Two dogs, black cockers, ages 13
and 3.

I've been quilting since 1970 and come from at least three generations of
quilters. I also knit, crochet, and hook rugs. I mostly machine piece and
quilt, although every so often I get the 'bug' to hand applique and hand quilt.
Do neither of those well and find out quickly that I don't enjoy them.

http://community.webshots.com/album/224339456aDbpuv

shows my latest projects--a batik baby quilt and a NYB in progress. I am
having more fun with that Karen Stone pattern than ought to be legal!

Two sewing machines--A Pffaf 7530 and a Brother 1500. The latter is mostly
used with my Handiquilter, but also for piecing and machine quilting off the
frame.

New job is working part time for The Country Sampler, our local LQS here in
Omaha.

Have lost 80 pounds in the past year and half and have made low-carb and
exercise part of my new way of life. Yoga, weight lifting, walking and biking
are my new hobbies.

Glad to metcha!

joan
joan o'reilly
Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words they become
actions. Watch your actions, they become habits. Watch your habits,
they become character. Watch your character it becomes your destiny.

Old January 5th 05, 11:27 PM
Cindy Schmidt

Congrats on the weight loss Joan.

Send some of that motivation to me please. Have been 30-50 to lose.

--
Cindy from MO

Old January 6th 05, 12:44 AM
merrystitch

Thoughts & prayers to you Shona. I can certainly relate. I am Mary, screen
name Merrystitch and I live in NW Ohio-an hour from Michigan & an hour from
Indiana..
My D(not dear)H announced Christmas eve morning that he wanted a divorce.
While not entirely unexpected, his timing stinks. We agreed to get through
the holidays without mentioning it to anyone, so went thru the motions. Now
my youngest son has medical problems. so the announcement is held off a bit
longer. We've been married 5 years, together for 12 and I'm certainly ready
to get on with planning the rest of my life. At 58, I may not have a lot of
time left & would like to enjoy it while I can. It's a bit stressful to
pretend as though we're the happy couple.
I am an accountant, working for a pet food company, going to school & will
graduate the end of April with my BS in Accounting. I have only 2 classes
left to go. It will only be 40 years from high school to college
graduation, I've dropped in and out so many times, I've probably taken
enough classes for 2 degrees, but will be happy with just the one.

Quilting has become a real passion for me as time permits. I made queen
size quilts for my 3 grown kidlets & their spouses for Christmas, all
machine pieced and MQ'd by a professional.
I have 4 feline QI's, Gracie, Heidi, Mollie/Ollie & Peanut and one very
large dog rott/lab mix , Hershey.
Merrystitch

Old January 6th 05, 12:45 AM
merrystitch

Leslie,
Prayers & hugs for you and your son. Mine is undergoing testing right now
for severe osteoporosis (he's only 32). They are trying to find out the
root cause. He's broken 2 bones in 6 months doing routine activities-the
foot while slow dancing.
Merrystitch

Old January 6th 05, 12:55 AM
Pati Cook

Well, I am a redhead......... and have been known to use a plaid "veil"
on occasion.................
Pati, in Phx

georg wrote:

Pati Cook wrote:

Ayesha is my "dancing" name. I do Middle Eastern dance (makes it a
lot easier to "justify" the garb which is ideal for this climate,
most of the time) and needed a Mid Eastern name to go with. Was
given this one by one of the Arabic persona knights.

I used to be a regular merchant at Estrella......... before it was
even Estrella....... G

Pati, in Phx

Well, that's one of the joys of my name. George is documented as
Armenian from about 1100 on, so I can dress comfortably Persian in the
summer. Unfortunately, the Anne surname is definitely English 16th
century, and I've only one outfit from close to that time- which
doesn't fit.

Rita is the one name that amuses me. I can date it to roughly the same
time period. You could be Rita of Bourg, and be a lovely 12th century
Armenian, and consequentially give the Heralds coughing fits. Or Rita
Hayrick... If I looked more like a Rita, I'd consider changing my name
to Rita Pitsak. It sounds sooo unperiod around the Morgans and Rowans.

-georg

Old January 6th 05, 12:56 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
(Joan8904) wrote:

http://community.webshots.com/album/224339456aDbpuv

shows my latest projects--a batik baby quilt and a NYB in progress. I am
having more fun with that Karen Stone pattern than ought to be legal!

They're both terrific, Joan, but I *really* like that NYB!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old January 6th 05, 12:57 AM
maryd

Merrystitch.....hugs to you.

--
Mary
"merrystitch" wrote in message
[...]

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 02:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 05:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM