A new FAQ contest for Sept

Old September 2nd 04, 05:44 AM
Diana Curtis

Default A new FAQ contest for Sept

So many people had problems finding the question to this months contest that
I decided that to be fair I would hold a second contest. Heck, its no fun
for me if I dont get oodles of fun emails in my inbox, this is the only time
of the month the good mail outnumbers the spam!
Here is how it works. Email me with the correct answer for this new
question and you will be included in this months drawing. If you already
answered the original question there is no need to answer again, tho if you
want to you sure are welcome to do so. More mail, more fun! It doesnt
increase your chance of winning though.
The question is: Name one of the many ways to get an address so you can
squish someone.
There, thats better. Good luck! Deadline for getting your answers to me is
earlyish Friday morning, CST with daylight savings included. In other
words... you have a little time to do this. :-)
mdcurtis at baldwin-telecom dot net .
Diana

Old September 2nd 04, 07:05 AM
MoragP

Ask directly. Ask another rctq member to get it for you. Look in the
directory if you have one. (I don't have one : (

Morag in Detroit
Old September 2nd 04, 07:07 AM
MoragP

Wrong wrong wrong. I posted instead of emailing.

I'm sorry. It's late here. I should have gone to bed instead of finishing
that book. Going off to cry in absolute embarrassment.

Morag somewhere on the planet
Old September 2nd 04, 07:31 AM
-=-Jennie-=-

On 02 Sep 2004 06:07:13 GMT, jennie stopped by long enough to perform
her good deed for the day and left the following in her wake :

Wrong wrong wrong. I posted instead of emailing.

I'm sorry. It's late here. I should have gone to bed instead of finishing
that book. Going off to cry in absolute embarrassment.

Morag somewhere on the planet

nooooooooooo have you any idea how good it feels not to be the only
one to muck things up? or how much more human, small errors make this
NG for noobies like me too wary of doing the wrong thing to post? so
at the very least you've made one more noobie here feel not so out of
place

___________________^..^__________________
"The two most common elements in the universe are
hydrogen and stupidity"
Old September 2nd 04, 12:54 PM
Pat in Virginia

Heavens to Betsy, Jennie!!! This NG is full of PEOPLE. We laugh,
we cry, we hug, we scold ... we are ALL human! So, we DO make
mistakes. Small boo boos that often go unnoticed. BIG blunders
that do NOT go unremarked. Sure, we all *look* like Gorgeous
DIVAS, and Handsome Hunks, but deep down ... we are just ordinary
quilting humans. Welcome to RCTQ land.

Now, what is your current project? My goal today is to tidy up
the guest room and the quilting room. Then I will start quilting
and sewing again.

BTW: newbies ("noobies" I love it!!) want to be sure of having
the right chocolate ... one or two pounds of chocolate may be
sent to my Palace in Virginia for vetting.

PAT, Official RCTQ Chocolate Taster

Old September 2nd 04, 02:02 PM
-=-Jennie-=-

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 07:54:05 -0400, jennie stopped by long enough to
perform her good deed for the day and left the following in her wake :

Heavens to Betsy, Jennie!!! This NG is full of PEOPLE. We laugh,
we cry, we hug, we scold ... we are ALL human! So, we DO make
mistakes. Small boo boos that often go unnoticed. BIG blunders
that do NOT go unremarked. Sure, we all *look* like Gorgeous
DIVAS, and Handsome Hunks, but deep down ... we are just ordinary
quilting humans. Welcome to RCTQ land.

Now, what is your current project? My goal today is to tidy up
the guest room and the quilting room. Then I will start quilting
and sewing again.

BTW: newbies ("noobies" I love it!!) want to be sure of having
the right chocolate ... one or two pounds of chocolate may be
sent to my Palace in Virginia for vetting.

PAT, Official RCTQ Chocolate Taster

ahhh Pat, after reading so much of chocolate and it's calming
infulence on quilters and in particular the added strength it lends to
noobies like me I ordered a box full..the chocolate is safely stored
in a male proof container yes after many years of trying to find a
good sneeker eater proof spot I found one.. a sewing box! he'll never
look in there...it's the whole fear of the unknown I think,,,

my project for today.. well it's a toss up I either play with my new
serger which is so very tempting or tackle the dreaded quiltmiesters
curse... I'm deeply disturbed to find out that my scissors are cuting
things out wrongly ie out of dimension, jealous of the rotary cutter
I ordered no doubt!.. so I have about three trillion little stars to
recut the lap quilt i was intending to make is shrinking into kerchief
proportions my first quilt will be hanky a proud moment at show and
tell *laughs*

___________________^..^__________________
Old September 2nd 04, 03:19 PM
Queen of Squishies

You're making this a second contest, right? Just in order to be fair to
those of us who worked up a migraine and DID find the first one??? I mean,
no fair changing the rules mid-race and all that, right?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
looking for a cold cloth to ease my headache : )
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old September 2nd 04, 03:19 PM
Queen of Squishies

Hugs, Morag. You're in good company, sweetheart.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Old September 2nd 04, 03:43 PM
Packrat

yeah! I couldn't sleep till I had found the answer!

--
8-)

Jessamy
In the Netherlands
http://www.geocities.com/jess_ayad/

Old September 2nd 04, 03:53 PM
Diana Curtis

:-)
Its good being the rule maker. Everyone who persevered and found the first
answer have earned my undying respect. Hows that? ;-)
Diana