Question About Sears Electronic Sewing Machine

Old April 12th 04, 01:53 AM

Default Question About Sears Electronic Sewing Machine

I've been wanting to use the script printing for my quilt labels,
however.......I've totally forgotten how to make the letters bigger than a
1/4" high. I can put all the letters in memory, etc., but my sewing book is
vague about the sizing. The lady at the store did it, but she's gone now
and I'm at a loss. Can someone help me? Thnx again.

Barbara C.

Old April 12th 04, 04:22 AM
Dot

wrote in message
.. .
I've been wanting to use the script printing for my quilt labels,
however.......I've totally forgotten how to make the letters bigger

than a
1/4" high. I can put all the letters in memory, etc., but my sewing

book is
vague about the sizing. The lady at the store did it, but she's gone

now
and I'm at a loss. Can someone help me? Thnx again.

Barbara C.

Guess you have the Kenmore Elite Embroidery/Sewing Machine Model 19010
(MSRP $1,999.99)? It has 3 font sizes. Looks like you use the mode and
edit keys according to the brochure I have on it.

I have the Kenmore Elite 385.19365990 sewing machine, which has only one
size letters. Loosening the bottom tension seems to help make better
letters with block letters looking better than script when there's
little time for practice. I made a neat-looking label for a wall hanging
I finished last week and started to place it when... the year! I'd
stitched on a great looking 2003!!! LOL!

Good luck,
Dot

Old April 12th 04, 02:11 PM

I have the Elite 385 19365000. I'll try loosening the tension and see what
it looks like. The salesperson at Sears sewed all different size letters.
I wish I had paid more attention to the details.

Barbara C.

"Dot" wrote in message
.. .

Old April 12th 04, 06:35 PM
Dot

Hi Barbara,
The Elite 385 19365000 is the same model I have. In my reply, the
numbers came off the plate on back rather than the numbers on sales
slip or the SM manual. Stitch width determines the *height* of the
letters. Decorative stitches, for example, can't be made higher
(width), neither can letters, although they can be made shorter in
height. Letter height can go from 1/8" to 1/4". The SM makes the
letters sideways, so think about the width of the hole in the needle
plate! A good salesperson makes impressive demos! g

The newer Kenmore SM manuals are weak (unlike my old Kenmore from the
'70s). It would be better if they put the foreign language versions in
a book separate from the English. Yet, except for its color
illustrations, the English manual that came with my direct-from
Germany Pfaff is worse! Frequent perusing of SM manuals along with
practice is helpful.

Dot

wrote in message
.. .
I have the Elite 385 19365000. I'll try loosening the tension and
see what it looks like. The salesperson at Sears sewed all
different size letters. I wish I had paid more attention to the
details.

Barbara C.

I've been wanting to use the script printing for my quilt
labels, however.......I've totally forgotten how to make the
letters bigger than a
1/4" high. I can put all the letters in memory, etc., but my
sewing book is
vague about the sizing. The lady at the store did it, but she's
gone now and I'm at a loss. Can someone help me? Thnx again.

Barbara C.

.. . .

Old April 13th 04, 02:54 AM
Dot

I replied to Barbara
in message ...
The Elite 385 19365000 is the same model I have. . . .
Stitch width determines the *height* of the
letters. Decorative stitches, for example, can't be made higher
(width), neither can letters, although they can be made shorter in
height. Letter height can go from 1/8" to 1/4". The SM makes the
letters sideways, so think about the width of the hole in the needle
plate! A good salesperson makes impressive demos! g

Just had a thought... (Wow! That's news! LOL) Could the salesperson
you saw making different size letters have been making freehand ones
rather than using the built-in alphabets? Someone with good control
and lots of practice can do so -- similar to free motion machine
quilting.

Dot