3rd day into reclaiming quilt room

Old January 6th 04, 09:22 PM
frood

I spent 20 minutes digging through piles, searching for a piece of fabric. I
had a bias tube made of it, but surely I didn't use the whole piece on that?
Where was it? Not with the other fabrics I was using, not with the other
other fabrics that were an offshoot of this project, not in the dreaded UFO
drawer (the black hole of my sewing room), not in the big pieces cupboard. I
finally gave up, chose a different fabric only to find what I was looking
for under a stash bin I had put on my bed so I could have a rootle through
it.

Disorganized? Me? ;-P Nah. Just absent minded!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Im not horrified, and I think to some extent most of us can relate in one
way or another. Its so easy to aquire *things* nowadays and so hard to get
rid of them that its made us into a nation of packrats with to much stuff!
Just watch the plethora of shows on cable channels dealing with organizing
'stuff'. Its horrifying! And we keep buying MORE. If you dont believe me

go
to any decent sized garage sale and look at how many drinking glasses are
for sale.
Just so you know, this rant doesnt apply to quilt and craft books,
supplies, tools or materials. The key to keeping those from being a

problem
is good storage techniques. ;-)

Diana
--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

"cozy" wrote ...
Diana.. wow, I'm glad people are enjoying my efforts... I have to admit

that
before I began sharing it I was a little scared, thinking people would

be
horrified at the state of mess I have going here!

Old January 6th 04, 09:58 PM
Diana Curtis

Is it because youre older? ... oh.. wait.. its on the 21st you become that
addlepated stereotypical older woman. sorry.. didnt meant to rush you. ;-)
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

.com...

Old January 6th 04, 11:23 PM
Butterfly

Drinking glasses? Do NOT, repeat, do NOT go to my cupboards and expect to
find a set of them....you won't. I have this really strange habit of
dropping things like glasses /dishes/ you know the stuff you usually have
SETS of......
hmmmmm, maybe I should hit a few garage sales this summer and actually BUY a
set of glasses--then it might not bother me too much when I drop them......
Butterfly (I have ONE set of glasses that are only used for very special
occasions--just so I can SAY I have 4 matching glasses---weren't those the
10 cent glasses you got this summer? : )

Old January 7th 04, 12:29 AM
Julia in MN

We apparently aren't too hard on glasses. We've been married almost 37
years and recently broke another of the 12 or so glasses my brother gave
us when we got married. Still have 3 left. Of course, we've gone through
quite a few other glasses. Most of those from the fast food places
didn't last a long time. My glasses are getting to look pretty tough
from the dishwasher, so I think I may be replacing some before too long.
But the old ones will be thrown when that happens.

Julia in MN

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jaccola/

Old January 7th 04, 01:29 AM
Pati Cook

LOL, I don't buy glass "glasses". I know they will get broken all too
often. Even without kids. We use Tupperware tumblers mostly, especially
since I sold the stuff for 10 years. Most of what I have was originally
bought as samples, so was written off the taxes.
Do have some glass stuff, wine glasses (that get used once every few years)
and a few others.

Pati, in Phx

Old January 7th 04, 01:33 AM
Jalynne

I am quite the opposite. I have to have 8 matching glasses at all times. To match
my dishes...8 place settings. I'm insane, and happily so. Good news is, that I get
rid of the glasses that are "extra" so i don't accumulate too much stuff.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old January 7th 04, 01:43 AM
cozy

Jump on in! A nice way to start off a new year of quilting, with an
orderly place that you don't have to struggle to find something in!

Jalynne wrote in message
ink.net...
You have inspired me, as well. My sewing room has become a huge mess.

Partially
dh's fault, but I'm gonna get it cleaned up and usable again. After this

cold snap
ends, i'll be doing just that. my room is in the basement, and the heater

just
doesn't warm the place up enough at this point. Then we can dig for

buried treasure
together!
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"cozy" wrote in message
. com...
Diana.. wow, I'm glad people are enjoying my efforts... I have to admit

that
before I began sharing it I was a little scared, thinking people would

be
horrified at the state of mess I have going here!

Diana Curtis wrote in message
I am enjoying your adventures so much. Its inspired me to take a fresh

look
around this place and instead of complaining about what I cannot do I

am
finding things I can do. One room at a time this time. Focus the

energies.
Thank you so much for coming to this group and sharing your journey.

Its
so
much fun!
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"cozy" wrote in message
news Unexpectedly, I awoke at 7am today (I'm never a morning person, at

least
for
the first 51 years of my life!) I started working around 9 and

found a
box
full of stuff that I must have bought at an auction... I can't

believe
what
I'm finding in he

old linens with handmade edges (lace, not the thin stuff, heavy

embroidery
kind)
6 basket blocks
6 medium size grandmothers flower garden
*50* medium size grandmothres flower garden blocks
37 partial blocks
4 blocks with the muslin around the edges already
a boat load of hex blocks cut out + lots of matching material to

keep
going
2 quilt tops: 9patch of muslin and a print -old half put together,

the
other half in finished blocks
1 top that is a little weird, just pieces of fabric sewn together.

It's
not quite tasteful... yet, I remember once seeing an ugly quilt show

and
they got ugly quilt tops that had been ditched and quilted them

grandly
and
transformed even the ugliest, I remember thinking about that when I

bought
this one!

I took pictures, so when I'm done with this process I'll put up my

best
finds along with UFO pics so you can see my discoveries! UFO

ALERT:
also found an overnight case with my 'stars from stripes' 8pt star

pieces
started a million years ago. These were all stacked horribly

under
the
table, and now that I've drug them out, I can get _to_ the table.

mopped
under there, reboxed things in tubs (yes there are vent holes) and

threw
out
the old dust ridden boxes. Half the stuff I put back has not been

gone
thru yet, maybe I'll still feel like it tonight, we'll see. Once

that
is
done, they'll be room to start sorting the mess ON TOP the table, I

can
already see my sewing maching emerging!

I've called my mom and she's up for it so I'll knock off now and get

ready
to go play!

Old January 7th 04, 01:44 AM
cozy

I'm definitely a patrack personality, and any hobby I've ever started I
thought I had to buy every thing associated with it before even starting....
it was like "the hunt is on"!

Old January 7th 04, 02:52 AM
cozy

no.... it's nothing special, just something I bought at some hotel when they
had a bunch of cheap machines. Just nice to be able to get to it again.

Kate Dicey wrote in message
cozy wrote:

[...]

pieces I
started a million years ago. These were all stacked horribly under

the
table, and now that I've drug them out, I can get _to_ the table. I

mopped
under there, reboxed things in tubs (yes there are vent holes) and threw

out
the old dust ridden boxes. Half the stuff I put back has not been gone
thru yet, maybe I'll still feel like it tonight, we'll see. Once that

is
done, they'll be room to start sorting the mess ON TOP the table, I can
already see my sewing maching emerging!

I've called my mom and she's up for it so I'll knock off now and get

ready
to go play!

Way to go! Can you remember which make and model machine it is? ;P
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk