OT TEETHING!!!!!

Old December 20th 03, 04:44 AM
melinda

Default OT TEETHING!!!!!

DS is most definetley teething, I can feel one!
But he will not sleep during the day and is very
unsettled, not crying just whingey - very whingey

HELP!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old December 20th 03, 05:12 AM
Taria

There was an article in the morning newspaper
about a baby that was born with one tooth in and
another one coming in. The grandma called her the
vampire baby! If I remember back that far it
seemed the kids liked those plastic frozen things to
chew on.
Taria

Old December 20th 03, 05:15 AM
nzl*

i cant recall how old he is now.
he might need something cool to chew/suck on.
how about an ice cube of natural applesauce wrapped in some baby muslin.
just use a piece big enough to tie a good knot in the end so nothing falls
out.
he'll need a really good bib with it too.
the applesauce is one of the first baby foods so should be ok to digest.
otherwise, find one of those teething rings you can freeze for him to hang
on to and gnaw on all day.
something in that order anyhow.
its been awhile since i went thru that.
it can be a short procedure or a very long sleepless night type one. at
least in summer the frozen stuff helps keep him cool too.
good luck,
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"melinda" wrote...

Old December 20th 03, 05:20 AM
frood

Whiskey. No, not for him. For you.

For a more practical suggestion, wet and wring out a washcloth. Put it in
the freezer. Give it to him to chew on once it's cold. It doesn't damage the
gums like frozen teethers (this was the current no-no when Spike and Giles
were teething. Don't know if it's still out of fashion). Even if it doesn't
help relieve teething distress, it gives him something interesting to play
with.

If you can, strap him to you in a baby holder. It's hard to sleep lying down
when your gums hurt, but cuddled upright next to mama will do the trick
sometimes.

Remember that it doesn't last forever. Wisdom teeth come in around 18, then
you're home free. Oh, and now you can blame every cranky baby episode on
teething. ;-P (((hugs)))

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old December 20th 03, 05:23 AM
nana2b

A frozen bagel works well. Easy for baby to hold and when frozen no pieces
come loose. Hugs for your Josh!

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old December 20th 03, 05:45 AM
melinda

nzl* wrote:
i cant recall how old he is now.

About 5 1/2 months, had 6 month check up yesterday - 9kg dressed 70cm
long and he rolled over by himself this afternoon!

he might need something cool to chew/suck on.
how about an ice cube of natural applesauce wrapped in some baby muslin.
just use a piece big enough to tie a good knot in the end so nothing falls
out.

He loves apple stuff, he's been getting solids since 4 months and much
prefers rice cereal with apple to plain rice cereal.

he'll need a really good bib with it too.
the applesauce is one of the first baby foods so should be ok to digest.
otherwise, find one of those teething rings you can freeze for him to hang
on to and gnaw on all day.

I've got a self feeding spoon (vame in set of three) for him that I can
put in the fridge to chill for him...

something in that order anyhow.
its been awhile since i went thru that.
it can be a short procedure or a very long sleepless night type one. at
least in summer the frozen stuff helps keep him cool too.

So far he's still sleeping at least 8 hours at night, just not much during
the day, doesn't help with the weather being so hot and humid.

good luck,

Thanks, I think I'm gunna need it!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old December 20th 03, 05:53 AM
melinda

frood wrote:
Whiskey. No, not for him. For you.

Maybe not whiskey, but I do have a little bit of yummy stuff hidden in
the fridge...

For a more practical suggestion, wet and wring out a washcloth. Put it in
the freezer. Give it to him to chew on once it's cold. It doesn't damage the
gums like frozen teethers (this was the current no-no when Spike and Giles
were teething. Don't know if it's still out of fashion). Even if it doesn't
help relieve teething distress, it gives him something interesting to play
with.

He ain't always interested in chewing on damp, cool cloth.

If you can, strap him to you in a baby holder. It's hard to sleep lying down
when your gums hurt, but cuddled upright next to mama will do the trick
sometimes.

He won't sleep in his carrier anymore, if he's tired enough he'll sleep in
his car seat, or eventually fall asleep in his cot for a 1/2 hour power nap!

Remember that it doesn't last forever. Wisdom teeth come in around 18, then
you're home free. Oh, and now you can blame every cranky baby episode on
teething. ;-P (((hugs)))

He's usually only cranky when hungry or over tired, otherwise he's very
happy!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old December 20th 03, 06:32 AM
Shelly

I have a cousin that was born with teeth 40 yrs ago. lol They had to pull
them and she went on to grow 2 more sets of beautiful teeth.
Shelly

melinda wrote:

DS is most definetley teething, I can feel one!
But he will not sleep during the day and is very
unsettled, not crying just whingey - very whingey

HELP!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

---

Old December 20th 03, 06:56 AM
Sharon Harper

Frozie watermelon works great too - tends to just melt away. Makes a mess
but heck who cares? I still likes me frozie melon!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old December 20th 03, 06:57 AM
Sharon Harper

So I take it he ain't gunna be a quilter?

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

"melinda" wrote in message
frood wrote:

snipped

He ain't always interested in chewing on damp, cool cloth.