Rice bags for gifts

Old December 4th 03, 08:39 PM
hfw

Default Rice bags for gifts

a quick pic of what I've been up to (in addition to piecing 42 simple blocks
that I may put together this weekend) "Santa's Workshop--Ricebag Division"
and "Rice Bags closeup"

These measure about 38" x 4" and the covers are removable. I put buttonholes
in the covers and the rice bag itself and made little ties to hold it
together so the ricebag doesn't slip to one end.

Each takes a quarter yard of muslin and a quarter yard of outer fabric, but
I like to use two fat quarters to make two complementary rice bags.

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old December 4th 03, 09:34 PM
Kathy in CA

What are the rice bags used for?
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

Old December 4th 03, 09:39 PM
Shelly

Aches and pains! You stitch up a bag with rice or small dried beans and warm
it in the microwave and apply it to the offending body parts.
Shelly

Old December 5th 03, 02:52 AM
Glenn/Patty

When I make mine I put in broken up cinnamon sticks, coarse ground nutmeg
and cloves. When you put them in the micro-wave it kinda smells like apple
pie.

Patty in NWO

Old December 5th 03, 12:25 PM
Joy Hardie

My girlfriends and I use them for our headaches! Of course we don't
have as pretty ones like Shelly's (those are fabulous!). A really bad
headache takes two - one across the back of the neck where the tension
creeps up and one across over the eyes...all in place while in a
relaxed, reclining position. Now I have a neurologist who prescribed
a pill that can take away one of these wicked migraines in 1/2 hr
where I would fight it with rice bags for many - but I still believe
in the rice bags for preventing the "biggies" and dealing with all the
stuff life throws my way. I really don't know what people do without
them.
Shelly - your friends are going to be very lucky indeed as your gifts
will be so warmly appreciated for years to come. What a thoughtful
friend.
Joy

Old December 5th 03, 01:26 PM
Life Experience

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:39:02 -0500, "hfw"
wrote:

a quick pic of what I've been up to (in addition to piecing 42 simple blocks
that I may put together this weekend) "Santa's Workshop--Ricebag Division"
and "Rice Bags closeup"

These measure about 38" x 4" and the covers are removable. I put buttonholes
in the covers and the rice bag itself and made little ties to hold it
together so the ricebag doesn't slip to one end.

Each takes a quarter yard of muslin and a quarter yard of outer fabric, but
I like to use two fat quarters to make two complementary rice bags.

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Gorgeous things! You do beautiful work. How long do you nuke the rice
bags in the microwave?
another Sharon
Old December 5th 03, 01:53 PM
The Brown Family

Thanks for sharing Heidi. I had fun browsing at all your
projects.........great job!

Lorraine