Leslie's Gobsmacker Quilt is online

Old November 27th 03, 05:47 AM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

Default Leslie's Gobsmacker Quilt is online

Many, many thanks to Kellie for doing this for me.... what a gal!

Sadly, I am a much better quilter than photographer. It sure doesn't
look so "gobsmacky" when reduced to the dulled colors and lack of detail
in the pictures. Darn. Darn. Darn. Anyway, you can see it at:

http://www.hamiltonpipeband.org/bergerfamily/leslie.htm

I haven't decided yet whether to applique' the large leaves on the
border, so y'all may tell me what you think. With or without? ;-)

Leslie spitting on my stoopid camera

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old November 27th 03, 06:00 AM
Sharon Harper

Whoa......................... (awestruck silence)

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old November 27th 03, 06:35 AM
Kellie J. Berger

de nada! glad i could help! It is gobsmacky in the colors we see... can't
imagine how much more it would be in real life! and as i told you earlier,
I like it both ways, but am partial to those gorgeous leaves!

Kellie

Old November 27th 03, 07:39 AM
Neeej

MMMmmmmmmmmmmm---yummy!!!!!!
-- Jean S
Old November 27th 03, 09:01 AM
Joanna

I like the large leaves better, although I like it both ways. Go big!
Joanna

--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old November 27th 03, 09:17 AM
Patti

Hullo Leslie
This is lovely. Well done. It looks *so* windy. I love it too.
Yes, the additional leaves add so much; please add them on. I love that
one-sided border - definitely an idea I will store away for future use.
Didn't I say I liked asymmetry just the other day, too. I must be
shifting asymmetrically in my purple and red age (I'm not going to call
it 'old' anymore!!)
More power to you Leslie; you've really found a genre to fit.
..
In article ,
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me writes
Many, many thanks to Kellie for doing this for me.... what a gal!

Sadly, I am a much better quilter than photographer. It sure doesn't
look so "gobsmacky" when reduced to the dulled colors and lack of detail
in the pictures. Darn. Darn. Darn. Anyway, you can see it at:

http://www.hamiltonpipeband.org/bergerfamily/leslie.htm

I haven't decided yet whether to applique' the large leaves on the
border, so y'all may tell me what you think. With or without? ;-)

Leslie spitting on my stoopid camera

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 27th 03, 09:20 AM
Pete 'n' Trish

You have too place the large leaves on the side they add another dimension
to the quilt/ The quilt is so beautiful I think you have excelled yourself.
Are you entering it into any competitions?? Quilts like this inspire the
rest of us mortals onwards to better things. I hope you are a bit proud of
what you have made. trish in Sydney

Old November 27th 03, 12:47 PM
Polly Esther

At risk of writing 50,000 words, I see strength standing against hardship, I
see a little girl with her first tu-tu, I hear music with depth and joy.
Wow, Leslie. What an inspiring creation. Maybe I would have done better with
silent awe; it's so hard to express admiration for something that exquisite.
Go ahead and spit on your camera. I think it's just jealous. Polly

.

Old November 27th 03, 02:29 PM
Elena

Wow! Your excellence sure shows in this work! It's great! Thanks so much
for sharing it, even though you think the pictures imperfect. And wouldn't
you want it this way? It'd be bad for a quilter to be a better photographer
than quilter, no? grins

Elena, doing a Happy Happy Dance for you!
PS. I like the large leaves too!

Old November 27th 03, 02:32 PM
Diana Curtis

I empathize about the camera... but... Since I know what uncooperative
cameras can leave out of the photos I can imagine them back in and so in my
mind your quilt lacks none of the gobsmackiness you see in person. That is
an incredible work of art Leslie. Im so glad we got to see it.
Im not sure about the leaves on the border. I love the idea of leaves there
but to my eye they are of another world than the foliage swirling round in
the wind.
The whole quilt is great from concept to fruition. Well done gal!
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker