What Quilt Scares You?

Old October 28th 03, 11:31 PM
A Joy in Hawaii

"Queen of Squishies" wrote in message link.net...
They say that artistic and creative people will dream in color. So yes, I
would think that among quilters it would be a much higher percentage. Any
quilters here who dream in black & white?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I guess I'm one of those creative people =).

A Joy in Hawaii
Old October 29th 03, 12:06 AM
QuiltR1024

In article , "LN \(remove NOSPAM\)"
writes:

Hmmm. Do you have tight security?

--

LN,
Of course I have tight security. It's me

Kris

Old October 29th 03, 12:38 AM
Diana Curtis

We all will, if you post a happy dance request!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"nana2b" wrote in message
Any quilt I start scarses me! I feel so much pressure to get it right and
finish it. Just finishing my crazy quilt that I started in May. All that
is left is the binding. Maybe Ruth can do a Happy Dance for me in the

next
couple of days.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old October 29th 03, 12:39 AM
Diana Curtis

I thought it might be you! I not y, and two Ts!
Thank you
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Patti" wrote in message
'Twas I !!
You can find the direction in most cases quite easily.
.
In article , Diana Curtis
writes
Inside points are a sticking point for me too. Was it Polly, or Pati, or
Patty who gave the tip recently of clipping to the inside point, not

going
straight in as logic would tell us, but along the straight of the grain,
between two threads, so the inside point wont have a chance to ravel. Its
something worth trying.
Diana

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old October 29th 03, 01:36 AM
frood

I hear she can be distracted with shoes...

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"QuiltR1024" wrote in message
In article , "LN \(remove

NOSPAM\)"

Old October 29th 03, 02:00 AM
QuiltR1024

In article , "frood"
writes:

I hear she can be distracted with shoes...

Wendy,
That's right- shoes, jewlery and lip gloss. grin

Kris ( in northern Virignia)

Old October 29th 03, 02:47 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I'll keep that in mind. ;^)

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

Old October 29th 03, 04:03 AM
Queen of Squishies

hmmm.... Still scares me. I think you should come and show me how. ; )

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is scrambled. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net

Old October 29th 03, 06:09 AM
Julia Altshuler

This is very cool. I'm saving your message and may contact you later as
I get closer to pulling out that scary quilt. There's something else on
the design wall now, but I do mean to get to my lark quilt. I'm taking
a British literature class where we'll be getting to Shakespearean
sonnets soon so the quilt will be on my mind.

--Lia

Patti wrote:
Hullo Lia
I've recently done a landscape quilt with a soaring eagle taking pride
of place (and a lot of space!!). This is how I did that one:

I drew and made up the landscape first, completely. I sandwiched and
quilted it.

Having decided on the size of the eagle - cut out lots and tried them on
the landscape, I then made the eagle. Mine was pieced in realistic
fabrics, colour placement from a white-tailed eagle photograph. I then
sandwiched and quilted it. Finally I appliquéd the eagle to the
landscape in the position and angle that I had worked out earlier.
People did say it looked very realistic.

I have done another quilt in the similar technique - finishing the
background and the appliqué before putting them together - and it does
work and looks really three dimensional.

Old October 29th 03, 06:17 AM
melinda

Sharon Harper wrote:
Anything with curves or diamonds - but that hasn't stopped me! LOL

However, being serious, it would have to be the more intricate patterns -
you know the blocks with gazillions of pieces? Waaaay scary!

I'd have to agree. Main concern would be the long triangles - stretching
out of shape on the bias. Eeek!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol