caught still in my nightgown at 9 am (on topic)

Old October 18th 03, 10:45 PM
georg

Royce wrote:
Actually, my most recent shopping trip for clothes (which I HATE to do BTW),
found me in the men's department of Kohl's, purchasing knit & flannel lounge
pants, as everything in the women's department was too fussy and more
expensive. I just sewed up the flies & they are sooooo comfy. I got a
couple pairs that look like denim, but are very soft flannel. I wore them
on our vacation to the Endless Mountains, and went back to buy more when we
got home. They are my new "jeans".

That's all I wear! Lol! I found heavier ones for winter, and lighter
ones for summer.

And concerning recovery time after social gatherings... I know that
feeling too well, and the associated perception problems of "really, yer
fine, just knock it off already."

The difficulty with MCS is like being deaf- when you look at me, there
doesn't seem to be anything wrong with me, or different, than anybody
else. Walk by me with a light fragrance and watch me wilt. And for
family occassions, I'll suffer through a lot more than I normally would,
and I'm ill for days afterwards. And I don't complain.

My mother used to complain whenever she was on the verge of wilting.
She'd always use it as an excuse to martyr herself for perks and to get
us to wait on her. Drives me insane,, so I don't want to be like that.

-georg

Old October 18th 03, 11:01 PM
DMOscarson

Wow! I'm so relieved to find out I'm not the only one at home, disabled, and
not getting dressed every day! I've been feeling very lazy, but NO MORE. From
now on, I'm going to happily quilt away in my comfy nightgown/robe/jammies or
whatever and forget the guilt.

Debbie in MN
Old October 18th 03, 11:11 PM
Elena

I do that. Drives 'em crazy. hehe

When I hit the door, the shoes and bra come off too, and not in that order
most of the time.

Elena, swinging free in Tx

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Sometimes in the car one the way home from something I will do something
which DH calls the Houdini Trick. It involves removing the bra without
taking the shirt off...and then the bra must be triumphantly removed via

the
armhole and joyously flung into a corner.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
Mine comes off as soon as I know I won't be going out anymore for the

day.
call out "release the hounds!" and off it comes.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Royce" wrote in message
That's me, too. As soon as I come in the door, of come the shoes &

the
bra!

--
Royce
A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Old October 18th 03, 11:41 PM

Folks do. They're called pajamas! 8^)

Old October 19th 03, 12:13 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

That's how I do it. When DD got her first bra, we had a show down to see who
could do it the fastest. Well, poor kid was up against years of experience.

Old October 19th 03, 01:39 AM
Diana Curtis

Oh, yes.. the shoes! The come off as we walk in the door too... ahhhhhhhh...
You may come to family gatherings dressed as you please too Elena.
Diana

Old October 19th 03, 01:44 AM
Diana Curtis

Heck, Im as able bodied as they come and I still dont bother getting dressed
for less than a wedding. Why should you be held to different standards? :-)
Comfortably dressed quilters unite!
Diana

Old October 19th 03, 02:04 AM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

Mine comes off as soon as I know I won't be going out anymore for the
day. I call out "release the hounds!" and off it comes.

I also hate wearing a bra, but do so ALL the time except for when
bathing. The result? In spite of being "blessed" in the bosom
department, I hang no where near my knees..... or even my waist. At 53
and after losing 80 lbs. I could go without in public and no one would
know it. There IS a benefit to wearing those darn uncomfy
"flopper-stoppers".

Leslie who now wears "athletic bras" and looks like a giant speed bump
on the chest, but is oh-so comfy! Love 'em!!!

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life... they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old October 19th 03, 02:42 AM
Janice Davis

"DMOscarson" wrote in message
Wow! I'm so relieved to find out I'm not the only one at home, disabled,

and
not getting dressed every day! I've been feeling very lazy, but NO MORE.

From
now on, I'm going to happily quilt away in my comfy nightgown/robe/jammies

or
whatever and forget the guilt.

Debbie in MN

Well, I am not disabled, but two young boys will wear you out fast! It is a
normalcy for me not to shower and dress until 12pm when the baby is down for
a nap. I have had such bad days in the past that my DH will come home from
work and I am STILL in my pjs! I am trying to be better about it but is so
hard!
Janice