What time of the day do you quilt?

Old October 13th 03, 04:14 PM
Diana In Dallas

Quilting time on weekdays -- anytime I can grab a minute or two.
weekends -- 1pm til 6pm during DH nap (he works an early morning shift
so he comes home has lunch and naps)

Diana in Dallas

"AliceW" wrote in message
Are you a morning person or a night owl? What time of the day do you find
you are most productive with your quilting?

Old October 13th 03, 04:36 PM
Kate Dicey

AliceW wrote:

Are you a morning person or a night owl? What time of the day do you find
you are most productive with your quilting?

Any time but dinner time!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old October 13th 03, 04:50 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

I'm not a night owl like DH, and I'm definately not a morning person. I'd
love a nap in the afternoon, so I guess I'm a late-morning kind of person!
;-)

Actually, I get quilting vibes going in the mornings or afternoons (provided
Spike and Giles cooperate).

I'm with you Wendy! I like late morning, or just after lunch myself.

The ladies at guild who tell me they quilt in the middle of the night
when they can't sleep amaze me. If I tried to sew at 2:00 am the end
result would be scary and involve lots and lots of unsewing.

marcella
Old October 13th 03, 06:20 PM
nana2b

I usually get started at 1pm. After I am done with coffee, paper and
newsgroups. Afternoon light is the best and until I get better lighting in
my Sewing Room I can't really do really close work at night. I have an OTT
light, but want to have ceiling lights put in, right now just a ceiling fan
with a light. I want is so bright in there I need sunglasses :-)

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old October 13th 03, 07:13 PM
Bonnie

AliceW wrote:
Are you a morning person or a night owl? What time of the day do you find
you are most productive with your quilting?

It seems that mid afternoon is when I get lost in the
quilting. DH always calls before he leaves the office
so that I remember to get started cooking dinner.
I also quilt in front of the tv in the evening, but these
old eyes get tired quickly at night.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old October 13th 03, 07:29 PM
teleflora

"AliceW" wrote in message
Are you a morning person or a night owl? What time of the day do you find
you are most productive with your quilting?

Neat topic, Alice. I have enjoyed reading everyone's responses. As for me,
I can't sit down and do anything crafty during the week until after it gets
dark. Not sewing nor painting nor card making. On weekends, I can sit down
in the afternoon, but not during the week. It has to be dark and I don't
know why, it's not like I have a real job or anything and I don't do nearly
as much housework as I should. This is why I can't wait for Daylight
Savings Time to be over. So it gets dark earlier and I feel like I can go
in in there and play. I will sometimes stay in there until 2 or 3 in the
morning. I "ramp" up at around 9 or 10. That's when I seem to get my best
ideas.

Cindy

Old October 13th 03, 08:01 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Marcella Tracy Peek" wrote in message
The ladies at guild who tell me they quilt in the middle of the night
when they can't sleep amaze me. If I tried to sew at 2:00 am the end
result would be scary and involve lots and lots of unsewing.

I can sew strips for chain piecing or press at 2 am, but not much more than
that. However, I've found 2 am is a fabulous time for sketching out design
ideas. My brain is just groggy enough that the little voice that criticizes
the design is still asleep.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old October 13th 03, 08:30 PM
juliasb(nospam)

Though I can be found to be quilting almost any time of the day when
away from my computer, physical therapy or an occasional time out. The
time I find the most productive is in the evening when I watch tv with
DH. This way we are together and can talk with each other as well as I
can relax and stitch away.
This passed weekend was one of the only recent days that I have not
had a needle in my hands. I was on the go with DH most of the weekend
and found that only in the late wee hours of the night I would have had
time, but was just to tired to pick up the needle. However this morning
I already been back to the needle for several hours.
juliasb

AliceW wrote:

Are you a morning person or a night owl? What time of the day do you find
you are most productive with your quilting?

--
come and journey with me...
from darkness into New Life

Old October 13th 03, 09:40 PM
Diana Curtis

9 out of 10 doctors recommend you get some sleep. Preferably not while you
are driving or using a sewing machine.
a PSA from Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"NightMist" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:53:20 -0400, "AliceW"
wrote:

Are you a morning person or a night owl? What time of the day do you

find
you are most productive with your quilting?

I used to have a nice little program going for myself, sew in the
morning, paint in the afternoon, do everything else in between and in
the evenings.
Nowdays, I seem to be everywhere at once doing everything I want to do
in the cracks in between all the gottas.

Most often I am finding myself doing all my assorted sewing between
2:00 and 6:00 in the morning.

NightMist
sleep? You mean I'm supposed to sleep too?
--

I'm a little teapot, short and stout
here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?

Old October 13th 03, 09:52 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Anytime.
btw: Night owls who go to bed at 9 p.m.?
Hardly a night owl schedule! g
I can quilt morning, noon, or night. 2 a.m. quilting--no problem,
and it doesn't have to be ripped out (but I couldn't run a sewing
machine at that hour g).
I get less quilting done in the mornings, as that's the time for
big chores and running errands and doing yard work.
Professional quilting is done mostly in the afternoons and
evenings when I can listen to books on tape or cd.
While watching evening t.v. I quilt for myself.
A typical schedule includes quilting for an hour, doing some
chores (household, play w/ Stan in the backyard, pay bills, return
phone calls), then back to quilting for another hour.
Because I love to quilt. ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy-- Hoo-Hoo! Hoo-Hoot! 8

y.com...