Baby Slings?

Old September 3rd 03, 01:05 PM
frood

Default Baby Slings?

Um, mine used O-rings. G I have never seen a pattern. I did see some for
sale that a lady had made (in gorgeous batiks), and asked about it and she
said she just looked at one and made up a pattern. Well, that was no help to
me (or for you!).

Good luck with it! I did eventually find 2 that I liked, one in a red
bandana print that DH loved to wear.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Dannielle Beitzell" wrote in message
Ok, you all know everything...I know you do so don't even try to deny it!

I want to make a baby sling. I hope that someone can take me through it

in
baby steps, as I seem to be quite dense with this thing. I cannot find a
set of directions with step by step pictures, I don't know how much or

what
kind of fabric and I am just wanting to make sure that it is comfy and

safe.
I know that it uses D-rings. (I guess that's one important thing that I
actually *do* know!)

Anybody?

TIA!

--
Dannielle from NY
http://www.beitzell.com/dannielle/index.htm

Old September 3rd 03, 03:09 PM
Diana Curtis

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/sling.html These are the instructions I
used to make a sling for Meg and me to wear. Its now been passed on to GS
Marcus.
Jan is a very nice person and will answer any questions you have about the
making of your sling.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old September 3rd 03, 04:04 PM
Diana Curtis

I am so glad I was able to help!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Dannielle Beitzell" wrote in message
Thanks! This site is just what I was looking for! Now I can make slings
and a whole bunch of other stuff too!

Old September 3rd 03, 06:56 PM
Lisa C

"Dannielle Beitzell" wrote in message
Ok, you all know everything...I know you do so don't even try to deny it!

I want to make a baby sling. I hope that someone can take me through it

in
baby steps, as I seem to be quite dense with this thing. I cannot find a
set of directions with step by step pictures, I don't know how much or

what
kind of fabric and I am just wanting to make sure that it is comfy and

safe.
I know that it uses D-rings. (I guess that's one important thing that I
actually *do* know!)

Anybody?

TIA!

--
Dannielle from NY
http://www.beitzell.com/dannielle/index.htm

Found this link using google. It even has videos for threading and
positioning! http://www.mayawrap.com/sewSling.shtml

One of the sources listed for rings, elizabethlee, I can personally vouch
for being honest, reliable, and quick (I purchased nursing patterns from
them.. .not that I actually completed the garments for my DD while she was
nursing my grandson G She is expecting again, so maybe I should dust them
off!) elizabethlee also sells a pattern for a baby sling. The mayawrap site
gives instructions in addition to selling the finished product.

Old September 4th 03, 12:36 AM
CNYstitcher

Elizabeth Lee makes good patterns! I had (might still have) some of the
patterns, including the baby sling...gotta go take a look in the
pattern/fabric cabinet to see. I did pass some of the patterns on to 2
different people, but there may still be some floating around.

It is a good company and the patterns are easy to follow.

Larisa, NAYY

Old September 5th 03, 06:09 AM
DavesFatChick

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/sling.html These are the instructions I
used to make a sling for Meg and me to wear.

That's the pattern I used for Ryan's sling too. Make sure you use a HEAVY DUTY
needle. My needle broke and cracked the doohickey that turns the wabnobber.
Luckily the SM was still under waranty, that could have been expensive.

Emma

**********************************

Time is the best teacher; unfortunately it kills all its students.

Semper Gumby! - Always Flexible!

Old September 5th 03, 10:50 AM
Patti

Hullo Emma
It is really a pleasure to see someone using the correct technical terms
for components. This way we *all* understand what went wrong. (G)
..
In article , DavesFatChick
writes
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/sling.html These are the instructions I
used to make a sling for Meg and me to wear.

That's the pattern I used for Ryan's sling too. Make sure you use a HEAVY DUTY
needle. My needle broke and cracked the doohickey that turns the wabnobber.
Luckily the SM was still under waranty, that could have been expensive.

Emma

**********************************

Time is the best teacher; unfortunately it kills all its students.

Semper Gumby! - Always Flexible!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 7th 03, 03:14 AM
Pat in Virginia

Emma:
Good advice, though a tad too technical. G There are other
things to consider, besides making sure the needle is heavy duty.
You need to be sure you do NOT pull/push/or other wise stress the
fabric so that the needle bends which of course causes the point
to hit the whatchamacallit, in turn cracking that doohickey, etc.
Another area of concern is using the wrong brand of needle. Do
not use the Singer needle in Pfaff; they are too long for Pfaff
and will cause problems that we don't even want to remember!!
Save Singer needle for Singer SM. I do not know about other brand
SM. A word to the wise should be sufficient?!

PAT in VA/USA