OT splainin'

Old August 9th 03, 12:39 PM
Diana Curtis

Default OT splainin'

Im going to do a quick explanation with no gory details about my operation
so everyone knows that I didnt get sent through a wringer. I had the type of
gall bladder removal they used to do, and still do sometimes, instead of the
easier to recover from laparoscopic type they prefer to do. So, instead of a
set of tiny cuts I have a larger one, stapled shut, and two drain sites. The
other part of the operation was a strange one where they ran a camera and
other gizmos to the site of the stones via the mouth and got some out of the
ducts. The reason my gall bladder needed this more invasive set of
procedures was simply that there were so many stones and because they were
large. Coctail onion size they said.
While in the hospital I thought about what might and could happen while in
surgery. I guess its inevitable to face ones own mortality, especially when
we know we would leave precious little ones behind, but when I read the
messages Mike printed and brought in from all of you I realized two things.
Many of you had lived through these procedures and are happy for having done
so. Second, I was not going to entertain the notion of leaving. Dying was
not an option. I learned too that love can float around me and cradle me in
times of fear. I felt very little. I dont know, or care what diety or entity
you sent your prayers towards. I still feel them. They help me heal, because
a body cant help but heal better when it feels happy, valued and loved.
hmm...people have accused me of being effusive. Ill add maudlin to that
list. Its your own problem if it seems over the top. In fact.. let me know
if its over the top and Ill privately email you with MORE!
buwahahahahahaha!!!
hey, I dont LIKE whats happened to me... it hurts, but dang, you guys know
how to do that love thing so nicely.
My individual thanks will come as I have time and energy. I have a lot of
them to do. I will do them with joy. Its so odd to feel so wonderfully
happy.
my love to you
Diana
I should probably let this sit overnight to edit later when Im not so high..
but.. i dont know.. is there a reason why I should not be this open with my
feelings?

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old August 9th 03, 11:40 PM
Butterfly

WHOA! STOP!
If I have learned one thing from this group......it is this...it is NOT
necessary to try to answer each and everyone one of us. Conserve your
energy and get well.
THAT alone is thanks enuf for us : )
Very gentle hugs
Butterfly (You're welcome)

Old August 9th 03, 11:42 PM
frood

Hang on, speak for yoursel', Bfly! I wanna be thanked right and proper,
fancy engraved notecards an' all! After all, it ain't easy sending out these
good vibes and cyber-squatches!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old August 10th 03, 12:12 AM
Butterfly

Ain't heading fer no rafters this time, gal
Nope, nosiree : )
Butterfly (stretching mah Wings now that Miz Diana has returned them)

Old August 10th 03, 12:14 AM
Sharon Harper

Heck just send me a quilt! That'll be thanks enough!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU) (duckin' and runnin' - welcome back
honey we missed you!)
m...

Old August 10th 03, 12:46 AM
Betty in Wi

Thanks for the update.....we're all just very glad you're back. And we'll
just put the coffee on the back burner a little longer.

Betty

Old August 10th 03, 02:16 AM
Nurse Ratched

they ran a camera and
other gizmos to the site of the stones via the mouth

Your vocabulary word for today is "esophagogastroduodenoscopy", more
commonly--and much more easily--referrred to as "E.G.D."

Nurse Ratched (remove "cuckoo" from address to reply)
We'll all get back to normal if we put our nation first,
But the trouble with "normal" is, it always gets worse. ~Bruce Cockburn
Old August 10th 03, 02:57 AM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

Honey, we love you, too, and I'm not half as high as you..... mine
aren't narcotic! LOL

Leslie

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old August 10th 03, 03:32 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Forget the engraved note card. When she's better, I want a quilt! (and boy
does she sound high! LOL)

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

m...

Old August 10th 03, 04:50 AM
shhdesigns

Hi Diana
glad to hear you are feeling good enough to send us a message. Take it slow
and steady, don't rush the process.
Heal well and thorough.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.