Polly's new baby quilt photos

Old June 9th 10, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle G.

Default Polly's new baby quilt photos-which book?

Thanks Polly!
I'm ordering the book today from Amazon.com.
Michelle G.

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Happy Birthday, Delaney! How wonderful and what a special miracle.
Gastric bypass and age 41? Wow. Why didn't she just test shark cages
to traumatize you? Mercy. So very glad both are doing well but I suspect
that adventure just about turned you white-haired and it will be a while
before you have recovered.
The Carol Burniston book is Wonderfully Whimsical Quilts.
Baby Delaney would be finishing up her education at Oxford before
receiving her quilt if you attempted to needle-turn appliqué. Let us try
to remember which fusible has been recommended here recently. The one I
used is okay but I think there's a better one. I fused the bodies *And*
put a short tight machine stitch around the edges too. ( We know what
babies do to their quilts.)
I expected to be bored to death with all those legs; actually they were
just plain fun. I stitched a long skinny black tube, turned it and cut it
into sheep-length legs + allowance for hem. Baby won't be able to gnaw
one off and they darned sure won't come loose in the laundry.
You will truly enjoy the book. It has many quilts calling to me; I
think the one on the cover is next. Polly

"Michelle G." wrote in message
I love the quilt! My DD just had a baby girl yesterday! And I must make
that quilt for her! Which book of Carol Burniston's has the pattern?
Polly you make the most fantastic baby quilts!
The baby's name is Delaney, 6 lb. 9 oz. My daughter had gastric bypass
surgery two years ago, lost over 160 lbs., and is 41 yrs old. So there
were some high risk factors, but, the baby is perfect and mom is doing
great! Only one sibling, a 16 yr old brother. Was she a surprise? Oh,
yes! She's my 12th grandchild, makes an even dozen.
Michelle G.

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
The sheep appliqué design is by Carol Burniston; can't take credit for
that happy. Our own Kathyl sent me the book because she knows I do
quilts for needing little folks. Wonder where our Kathyl is? Do you
reckon she's having another wedding? Polly

"Patti (formerly) in Seattle" Polly, Polly, Polly! This quilt is just
too cute for words - I just
love it!! It's been a while since I've been here to look at all the
photos and read the posts, and this just did my heart good!! I think
Mr. Esther does, indeed, need the quilt for his easy chair and
afternoon naps! Beautiful....

Old June 9th 10, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default Polly's new baby quilt photos

Polly, for some reason it seems that most pictures show up blurry on my
computer. I would love to see the sheep quilt but it is blurry, so could
you mail it to me so I can really check it out?
Barbara in wet SC

Old June 9th 10, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

Oh, wow! That was really good!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old June 10th 10, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I think Jenn and Webshots are doing the best they can with the photographer
they have to deal with. I've sent the pictures straight on to Barbara;
maybe they'll be better that way. Methinks I bought the wrong camera. I
thought this one would be 'fool'proof but apparently not. Polly

m...

Old June 10th 10, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

Polly, I have a feeling she's going to say they're still blurry! Her post sounds like a realllllly good beg to
me! But then, she's been trained by some of the best!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old June 10th 10, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Ah now, Louise. How could you suspect Barbara? Just look at that sweet
innocent face. Polly

"Louise in Iowa" Polly, I have a feeling she's going to say they're still

Old June 10th 10, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

Those are the ones you have to be most careful of!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old June 11th 10, 03:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa

Love the idea of the "I used a very thin fleece for the pink and it is just
ahhhh"
Hope you don't mind if I copy the idea.

I am just about to make a 'lamb"and green quilt for him. Colours selected by
his Mum.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.

"Jennifer in Ottawa" wrote in message
http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl Polly has done it again!
These sheep are all so comical - each one will make you smile...Enjoy
the views, jennellh

Old June 11th 10, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Oh my yes. That's a success worth repeating. Please do iron the lightest
fusible you can get your hands on under the fleece before you cut to keep it
from fraying/fuzzing at the curly curving lamb edges. You don't have a hope
of turning under or you'll get a fat lumpy border at best. Every one who's
seen these funny sheep has had to touch the soft call of the fleece. Di,
please do show us your lamb and green. Polly

Old June 12th 10, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa

Thanks for that advice Polly, much appreciated.

--

"DiMa" wrote in message
Love the idea of the "I used a very thin fleece for the pink and it is
just ahhhh"
Hope you don't mind if I copy the idea.

I am just about to make a 'lamb"and green quilt for him. Colours selected
by his Mum.

Polly's New Easy Applique Baby Quilt Jennifer in Ottawa Quilting 40 December 5th 09 10:42 PM
Polly's 'Quilt for a US Soldier' photo Jennifer in Ottawa Quilting 18 June 16th 09 10:42 PM
Polly's Quilt Kate T. Quilting 14 June 28th 08 04:05 PM
Polly's quilt Elly D[_2_] Quilting 3 June 28th 08 01:03 AM
baby quilt finished - no photos :^( Ann Adamson Quilting 3 April 1st 04 01:50 PM