What are your current quilting projects?

Old September 17th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
- dlm.

Default What are your current quilting projects?

Miz Butterfly said...
this has really been an enjoyable thread. Just by reading them, you can
almost 'tell' what type of quilting each of us enjoys.

Butterfly (Thanks for doing this)

Or, as in the case with some procrastinators, the type of quilts they like
to start but never quite get around to finishing!

- dlm. 'who no doubt deserves the title "Empress" of UFOs'

Old September 18th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

Louise wrote:

I'm just finishing the label and hanging sleeve for the card-tricks
wall-hanging I made for my bathroom to match my favourite towel. (Is
it crazy to have a wall-hanging in the bathroom?)

Of course not! Makes perfect sense. If there's a wall space, use
it. One day I plan to make one for our second WC in the back store.
Just got to find the right pattern and theme. )) Elly

Old September 18th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

Do you mean Bargello John? If so then yes. It will be a Quilt from
Hell. I did a small cushion cover with that technique and that was
enough of that thank you.
Good luck with your project. Elly

John wrote:

I started another one of those Quilt from Hell things from my leftover
stash of never ending diagonal squares. This time it is a Bargetto
pattern. We have a Bicentenial celebration show for Fredericktown,
where I live, that most of the people who quilt and do other things,
Needlepoint, Painting, whatever, are entering. It is coming up on the
20th of October and I decided, what the he**. I am going to go for it.
I have to make the quilt and also the stand to show it on. That is
going to cut it kind of thin. The quilt is 6' x 6' so were not talking
wall hanging here folks. I have 7 of 42, 6' strips of squares done. I
told myself I would not do another one of these things, but you know
how it is. I just can't help myself.

John

Old September 18th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

Our house group the KKQs are having our exhibition in the local
gallery this week so I've been trying to catch up on UFOs for this.
Got quite a few done and will take pics for my webshot page. Still a
list as long as your arm to catch up on wips but getting there.
When the exhibit is finished I plan to do the hand quilting on the
Rabbit Patch , also finish the first attempt of a group challenge
called Make Me Beautiful Please.
I have several quilts in the pipe line sitting waiting to be started
with 'fabric ready to go'. One of which is a quilt for my DD. Using
the 'Opulence' collection by Paula Nadelstern, fabrics from
Benartex. The pattern is in the Quilt Almanac 2007. I'll have to do
a couple of adjustments.
Then I have a little quilt by Jo Morton to start from her book
'Prairie Flowers' looking forward to doing that one so it may jump
the queue!

Elly

Pat in Virginia wrote:
With school starting, vacations over, relatives gone
back home (hopefully!) ... it is time to rev up the
needles! What about your current project/s?

Right now I am working on the Pink Hug Quilt for my
friend. This is a support for when she has the
mastectomy. Some generous quilters from RCTQ Land have
sent lovely pink fabric to enrich the quilt.

We have not had this thread in a while, so it will be
fun to read the replies! Thanks,

Old September 19th 07, 07:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Default OT - My Hands was What are your current quilting projects?

Alas, my hands don't get much down time. My current employment sees my
hands in use 99% o 8 hours a day. Add 3/4 hours a day of home work and
pretty much the only down time they get is when I'm asleep. I haven't
actually "sewn" or quilted for about a month now and there is some relief.
I've learnt to live with the rest. I will be trying some more sewin when I
gets back from holidays, so we'll see how we go.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z37/shazrules/
"Butterflywings" wrote in message
Has he given you both Soft and Hard braces to wear? Hard ones at night
that keep your hands from curling into a fist and soft ones with gel packs
for the palms (like fingerless gloves) and then softer wrist braces to
help keep them on your hands/you wear rubber/latex gloves over them when
you are doing wet things during the day. I wore mine for quite a long time
and now I wear them when I 'need' to or if I KNOW I'll be doing repetitive
motion things for awhile...also did he LIMIT the amount of time you use
your hands between things? I mean TOTAL LAY IN YOUR LAP rest? Yes, it's
gonna TAKE TIME....you didn't get there overnight and it isn't going to
get better overnight. All I hope for are good days and better than good
days with 'do nuttin' days in between.

FWIW.......I don't know what is going on with your hands...so i can only
say from MY experiences.

Butterfly (who discovered that crocheting 2 days in a row is NOT gonna
happen even with not doing anything else besides making dinner)

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
Lets see, sorry I missed the original post.

I have two quilts currently happening - one is in the quilting stage for
one daughter, the other needs the blocks sewn into a top and then backed
and quilted for daughter number two. These are the two most important
before the old hands give out. On that front doctors have given up -
they have no idea. Oh well.

Next on the line of importance is my baby lone star which I hand pieced
and tied into a quilt for my pop before he passed. It's starting to come
apart at some seams, so I want to repair that and make it larger (queen
bed sized). Luckily I still have some of the co-ordinating fabrics left
(I always over buy) and I have some ideas about what I want to do.

Then there are the RCTQ BOM blocks I did last year (or was it the year
before? The first one we had) in xmas fabrics. I need to find a
co-ordinating fabric and make them up into a quilt (before Xmas 2009,
lots of time!!).

Then there is the stash that needs to be used up......all the patterns
I've collected.......

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z37/shazrules/
"- dlm." wrote in message
. ..
Butterfly, you most certainly aren't the only one with multiple
projects in various stages as well as forms. I don't even want to think
about the number of quilts in progress, home decorating sewing,
knitting, needlework, designing cards. Just writing it all down on
paper caused undue stress, so now I'm just thinking and working on a
couple of things that have immediate needs for completion. Then I'll
move on to the next two or three things on my list.

- dlm. in central MA 'who just wants to be able to say the word
"DONE!" '

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
You do me good. Nice to know I'm not the only one that must have more
than one thing going on at once and not only in various stages but in
various forms (sewing/quilting/crocheting/knitting even tho the last 2
had to be on a hiatus for a number of years. Knitting still is). I miss
knitting in the fall but I get over it. It'll be easier this year as I
have been 'playing' with the crochet hook.

Butterfly

"Morag in Scotland" wrote in message
I never did get the hang of finishing one thing before starting
another. I currently have three works in progress. A nine patch Dora
quilt for my 2 year old, a seaside wall hanging for my 4 year old and a
hexagon christmas wreath quilt/hanging which at this rate will be for
Christmas 2015.
Morag

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
With school starting, vacations over, relatives gone back home
(hopefully!) ... it is time to rev up the needles! What about your
current project/s?

Right now I am working on the Pink Hug Quilt for my friend. This is a
support for when she has the mastectomy. Some generous quilters from
RCTQ Land have sent lovely pink fabric to enrich the quilt.

We have not had this thread in a while, so it will be fun to read the
replies! Thanks,

Pat in Virginia

Old September 19th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Please, ask for the braces. You CAN type with the soft ones without any
trouble.takes about a good hour to get use to their being there..put them on
at the Drs office and wear them home. Hopefully you'll see/feel a difference
by the end of the first day. I did. took me a goodly week to get sue to
wearing the hard ones at night but I didn't have the severe cramping in the
morning and most of the total numbness was gone. I wasn't aware of how much
or how often I was rubbing my hands during the day until I had the braces on
and started rubbing them. I don't rub my hands very often anymore. and if I
start--I grab the braces because it's a huge signal I overdid.

Sure wish I could help you more

Butterfly

[...]

. ..