Roll Call: What did you do "quilty" today?

Old October 18th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Roll Call: What did you do "quilty" today?

The link worked to your albums - but which quilt? The
bargello? The colours are gorgeous!

Aren't stairwells handy for photographing quilts? lol
--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

wrote in message
oups.com...
: Will do ! But this may take a while to finish as all my
projects do. I
: finished only the top of last year's class. Here it is...
: http://community.webshots.com/user/materialgirl12
: (I hope the link works; let me know if it doesn't)!
: DeNise
:
:
: Cats wrote:
: Oh - lucky you!
:
: Please promise to post pictures of the finished result
of
: your retreat. I have been wistfully contemplating
projects
: in that book for a while.
:
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
: o o o o o o
: ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
: Enness Boofhead Donut
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
: catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau
:
:
: wrote in message
:
ups.com...
: : No sewing here, either. That will happen in a few
days.
: I've washed
: : and cut about 10 yards of fabric into half yards and
fat
: quarters in an
: : assortment of lights, mediums and darks. I also tested
out
: cutting the
: : fabric on my newly fabricated cutting table (it is
about
: 23" x 35").
: : I've constructed a table top on which I have glued a
: cutting mat. This
: : top fits on a keyboard stand that I am able to adjust
to a
: comfortable
: : height (I'm 5'8"). I'll be taking this cutting table
to a
: weekend quilt
: : retreat that starts on Friday; I cannot wait! The
project
: I've signed
: : up for is Hollow Cube. The project is in a book titled
'
: The Big Book
: : of Building Block Quilts' by Sara Nephew. For those
: interested you can
: : see the quilt here :
: :
http://www.clearviewtriangle.com/qui...y/qgbbbbq.html
: : I even had the unexpected pleasure of ordering my book
and
: ruler from
: : the delightful Sara Nephew herself! Next I must
prepare
: goody bags for
: : my quilt guild buddies who are also attending the
retreat.
: : DeNise
: :
: : Kate G. wrote:
: : I didn't get any sewing done... but did receive a
: special goody in the mail! Nancy's Notions had
: : advertised a great deal on thread with a nice
storage
: case AND a sewing machine travel case. I
: : splurged. It came today. I am so excited!
: :
: : I hope to get back to work on the DWR tomorrow.
: :
: : Friday I bought fabric to be ready to jump right in
on
: joining my guild BOM's from last year (need
: : the top assembled by our November meeting). That
will
: be a simple sashing -- 3 narrow rows of
: : fabric (dark purple on the outside - white in the
: middle) with 9 patches in the cornerstones. You
: : can see the EQ version in my webshots folder. All
24
: blocks are finished. It is just the sashing I
: : need to complete.
: :
: : So hopefully by this time next week... the
notorious
: DWR will be on its way to the long arm quilter
: : in Minnesota... and the Purple/White BOM will be
ready
: to go when I get the DWR back!
: :
: : Kate in MI
: : http://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves
: :
:

Old October 18th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Yes, it is the bargello. Fall colors are my absolute favorites!
Part of the reason I was attracted to our house in the first place had
to do with the cool vantage point for taking photographs- how nice of
you to notice ;-)
!
DeNise

wrote in message
oups.com...
: Will do ! But this may take a while to finish as all my
projects do. I
: finished only the top of last year's class. Here it is...
: http://community.webshots.com/user/materialgirl12
: (I hope the link works; let me know if it doesn't)!
: DeNise
:
:
: Cats wrote:
: Oh - lucky you!
:
:
: : Kate G. wrote:
[...]

OT warning, bee in my bonnet Polly Esther Quilting 125 July 29th 05 03:40 PM
Online Quilt Stores, a roll call Diana Curtis Quilting 55 January 28th 05 04:45 PM
roll call Marijke Quilting 16 January 18th 05 04:40 AM
ROLL CALL Scott Williams Quilting 10 January 12th 05 05:05 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 02:49 AM