This Group

Old March 15th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default looking for beveled glass

in article , janerene at
wrote on 3/14/06 11:13 AM:

Could someone point me to a source for beveled glass squares and rectangle
shapes? Anything from about 2 inches to 6 inches. Thanks. Jane

Check (no, I don't work for them):

Houston GlassCraft Supply
2002 Brittmoore Road
Houston, Texas 77043

800-231-0148
713-690-8844
713-690-0009 fax
www.glasscraft.net

Old March 15th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

While it may be cheaper to buy from a supplier getting them in bulk, if
you want specific sizes
check your Yellow Pages. Here in Dallas there are several companies doing
flat glass beveling and
edge grinding, mostly for the mirror and table custom installation business.
One, which I haven't used in
years, would cut and bevel custom shapes - literally matching the cardboard
or paper cutout or drawing you
brought in - right down to the bobbles in your rough drawing which I
expected for some reason to go away.
Delphi
http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm...3&viewcat=1663
may be convenient
depending on location and quantity.
--
Mike Firth
Furnace Glassblowing Website

Old March 17th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

"Glassman" wrote in message
news

I think that Houston is now officially out of the SG business.

I got an emailed "flyer" from them just yesterday. What makes you think
they have shut down?

Old March 17th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

"Moonraker" wrote in message

"Glassman" wrote in message
news

I think that Houston is now officially out of the SG business.

I got an emailed "flyer" from them just yesterday. What makes you think
they have shut down?

Alive and well and adapting to the economy, they are selling everything with
their brand on it that they import from China, and a little Spectrum.
Bevels they have, Gecko Glass and their own brand of imported tools and
such, their catalog is alot smaller, they are trying to stay alive in a land
of fuel surcharge shipping, which has put them at a disadvantage..

Old March 17th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Talked to Pam Shimp, Sales manager at Houston and what you see in the
new catalog is what they got. No more stained glass supplies. They've
been closing all that stuff out since last year. Gecko, Spectrum and
Pilkington glass only plus their line of bevels and clusters and some
wrought iron stuff. No BE, Uro, Kok, etc.

Andy

Old March 17th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

wrote in message
ps.com...
Talked to Pam Shimp, Sales manager at Houston and what you see in the
new catalog is what they got. No more stained glass supplies. They've
been closing all that stuff out since last year. Gecko, Spectrum and
Pilkington glass only plus their line of bevels and clusters and some
wrought iron stuff. No BE, Uro, Kok, etc.

Andy

They have their own line of tools, came saws, grinders, etc. with their
named logo stuff, they just aren't carrying anyone else's. All Chinese with
similar quality to Diamond Tech, I imagine.. It's what the industry is
coming to, and in order to justify production of smaller quantities, the
domestic manufacturers are going to increase their costs and their prices to
the studio and small retailer, unless you want to go thru a distributor who
they are determined to protect...

Old March 19th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

"Moonraker" wrote in message

"Glassman" wrote in message
news

I think that Houston is now officially out of the SG business.

I got an emailed "flyer" from them just yesterday. What makes you think
they have shut down?

I think they are selling out what they have left...

--

JK Sinrod
www.sinrodstudios.com