OT - Aurora

Old October 11th 04, 04:02 AM
Donna in Idaho

Default OT - Aurora

I know these pictures aren't quilts - but if you want to see some of the
most gorgeous pictures ever - check these out! We met Todd on a bus trip
into Denali 3 years ago. That day he was photographing scenery and wildlife
since it wasn't the right time of the year for northern lights. It was fun
to watch him - hanging out the bus window, laying over seats, squirming
between seats and the floor to get the shots he wanted! I decided after
watching him, that photographers have to be contortionists!

http://www.salatshots.com/index.php

--
Donna Aten, Coordinator
Project Linus - Boise/SW Idaho Chapter

Old October 11th 04, 04:23 AM
A&T

Beautiful.

And I have to agree about photographers being contortionists!! My son is
studying photography at the Art Institute of Colorado. When we visited him
last summer, we went to Rocky Mountain National Park. I couldn't believe
some of the things he did just to get the angle he wanted. (Hanging over the
side of cliff, brought back memories of watching him jump a ramp on a
bike!!!)

Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Old October 11th 04, 03:48 PM
nana2b

Beautiful photos! The colors are absolutely breathtaking. Thanks for
sharing, Linda

Old October 11th 04, 11:07 PM
Don/Gen

Thanks so much for sharing this site. We saw the lights when we lived in
ND, but nothing like this.
Gen

Old October 11th 04, 11:16 PM
Donna in Idaho

You're welcome - if I want to just look at beautiful pictures, I always go
to this site. I'm thinking seriously about ordering the note cards or book
or both! A couple months after we came home from Alaska, we actually saw
red northern lights here in southwest Idaho. I e-mailed Todd & he e-mailed
back - Red is good! Shortly after that there was an article in the Alaska
Magazine about red northern lights & that they are pretty rare. Then we
really felt lucky to have seen them here and I understood why he said what
he did.