You'll never believe this

Old September 16th 04, 06:42 PM
Pati Cook

ahhhh......... St Maartin. We brought back a bunch of stuff from there about
12??? years ago. Most of the alcohol is unopened. G Can you tell we
imbibe occasionally???

Pati, in Phx

Sharon Harper wrote:

Rum? Did someone say rum? I have a bottle of (unopened) aphrodisiac rum
which has made it's way back from St Maarten with me. Could get us in the
mood for great S.E.X.!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Arrrrr and avast me matey!
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.
just practicing.
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but

let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

"frood" wrote in message
m...
I'd tell ya, but I'd have t' kill ya. Dead quilters tell no tales.

--
Wendy
Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19, 2004

"Pati Cook" wrote in message
Okay....... please do tell...... G
Pati, in Phx

frood wrote:

Oh, and I found a place in Arizona we can stop for more booty.

Old September 16th 04, 07:13 PM
NightMist

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:46:35 -0500, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

I did read any condescention in Susan's posts. It just doesnt seem like her
style.
But you make a valid observation Debra that there can be worth in any quilt.
It doesnt depend on whether one starts with yardage or pre-printed panels or
premade blocks. The heart and soul that is worked into a quilt comes from
the quilter and what they choose to do with the blocks.

Amen.

Ash's great gramma made him three baby quilts.
She used panels.
In the course of her life she has made some drop dead gorgeous pieced
and appliqued quilts, and has never used a sewing machine for any part
of any of her quilts. Considering that she is eighty something years
old, I expect she is allowed to make some baby quilts useing panels!
She is a little shakey in the hands and doesn't see quite as well as
she used to. She does like to quilt still though, and has stated that
she doesn't want to start a quilt and not get to finish it.
The quilting on those panel quilts is just awesome.
And she felt the need to _apologize_ for some of it!
Well it's only about 10 stitches to the inch, not 12 like she used to
be able to do, and she did a fair bit more diagonal gridding on the
background than she really likes because she can't see so well anymore
and...Geez! She quilted his name and birthday into all the quilts in
a beautiful spencarian script, she did shadeing and stuff on the
animals in the Noah's Ark panel, the Teddy Bears in another have
quilted fur, and there is steam and cinders quilted into the train
quilt. Such beautiful even stitches! Such precise lines! Such
wonderful design work! Apologize for those quilts indeed! Honest to
gosh if she had been any closer than North Carolina I would have gone
over and smacked her upside the head for such an apology!
Eightysomething years old or not.

NightMist
--
"It's such a gamble when you get a face"
- Richard Hell
Old September 16th 04, 08:46 PM
teleflora

wrote:

[...]

Please, please, please. Any chance of getting a look at these?

Cindy

Old September 17th 04, 09:56 AM
Kate Dicey

wrote:

[...]

And there's a lot of love in every single beautiful stitch. They sound
wonderful.

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old September 17th 04, 09:12 PM
NightMist

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:46:51 -0500, "teleflora"
wrote:

Please, please, please. Any chance of getting a look at these?

I am working on pictures of lots of stuff.

Of course I have been for quite a while.

Part of the problem is we have been planning a multipurpose, or at
least multi linked website for some time now. It is so easy to say,
well, I will just wait until I can put the pictures up on the (still
nebulous) website.

While I can handle one of my regular cameras, the darned digital one
leaves me boggled. I will try and get everything together, redo the
shots I took on the rolls of film that were destroyed along with my
old camera in the flat stanley debacle a few years back (I had taken a
bunch of pictures of assorted sewing projects, some of those rolls
were weeks and months old), take some new ones and see if I can get
the negatives dropped to disc. There is no reason I shouldn't use one
of those free photo album thingies till my html maven gets his
sh^H^H^H^H stuff together.

NightMist

Old September 18th 04, 06:32 PM
teleflora

[...]