More quilt pics up

Old December 10th 03, 03:19 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Oh you sweet little thing, so much pain, so many side effects.
Condolences and quilty thoughts wafting your way (kind of tough,
wafting things westward, as the wind we've had for 2 days has
blown gale force *from* the west--what are y'all sending to Texas?!?).
Do what your Dr. says and try to behave yourself!
"It's just hair!" I say every time I have it whacked short.
Let's call it "creavitve" and "style: my style!"
I did not say I that I would DRIVE and quilt at the same time;
however, Cruising to the next quilt site--that I can do! g
Long stoplights: we got 'em. The Ft.Worth/Dallas Metroplex/mess
is a gathering spot for the nesting redlights, a rare not-so-tropical
species of life annoyance. ;-D "It takes forever to get from one end
of town to the other!" they say here (Arlington is the only city of it's
size [375,000] in the country without public transit),
and I think, "We could be quilting!"
Ragmop/Sandy--I have quilt pics, too, On Subject:
http://home.att.net/~ellison-texas/w...ome.html-.html
"Butterfly" wrote in message
Can't be as "pitiful' as mine--when the Dr says "Maybe these cortisone

shots
will help.....then you can hold your arms up long enough to curl your
hair"......he did NOT say a word about make-up. Then, he apologized for

the
shots hurting......and gave me a passel of exercises to start on Fri.

(((As
an aside--he was just trying to make me smile--not being sarcastic--nor
derogatory--my first time in there I told him I would LIKE to be able to

sew
on a button and do more than comb my hair--he remembered ; ) )))
We are hoping this will break the pain cycle--get the pain meds down and
maybe....... just maybe...... PREVENT shoulder surgery. THAT would be nice
(they are working together on this YAY!!)

I still say YOU are cruisin and quiltin at the same time---long traffic
lights------WHERE?

Butterfly (back to exercises for the first time in quite awhile ; )

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
. com...

" Ellison" wrote in message

Ragmop/Sandy--does a pitiful head of hair count?
(not going to say anything about "quickies" in this group!)

Hey, my hair is as pitiful as it comes! :-)

And I knew you'd pick up on "quickie". *snort!*

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old December 10th 03, 05:21 PM
Butterfly

maybe loopy--fact-- know I iz--but I kin't rekalek writin the werd DRIVE
anywharez.
Maybe that thar wind of you'nz IZ blowin werds from cyberspace from sumonez
elses posts??????
Yuppers. I iz gettin mah hair cut short once agin--gotta get itz dun afore
mah other Sis comes fer Cmas Day.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?????????? We iz havin companies fer Cmas and the teenage
kidlets KNOW how ta cook and clean -up after, too

Butterfly (wonder if'n they would set mah train up fer me)

Old December 10th 03, 08:44 PM
Pat in Virginia

That is a good law, IMO. I think it is also the law in New York
State. (Or maybe just NYC? My mind is flabby.) Anyhow, while the
law about not holding the phone while driving is good, I think
even hand free chatting on the phone is not the best idea. Phone
conversations are really activities that seem to take people
mentally away from their environment. This means they are not as
alert as they should be while negotiating traffic. When *I* say
hang up the phone and drive, I include the speaker phones too.
That's my opinion.
PAT in VA/USA

Patti wrote:

You'll be glad to know Ragmop, that - as of last week - it is now
illegal to use a hand-held phone in a car while driving. In Britain,
that is.

In article
, Ellison
writes
Howdy!
Long stop lights in the Metromess.

Ragmop/Sandy---"Hang up the phone and drive:
It's a car, not a phone booth on wheels!"

Old December 11th 03, 12:37 AM
sdgodfrey

Absolutely lovely quilts. Especially your dad's quilt. I love that
fabric. Is it Jenny Beyer, by any chance?

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kat....net/my_photos
,

Old December 11th 03, 08:49 AM
Natalie and Aaron Leaver

Kathy,
What stunning quilts! I LOVE the Chantal. Is that from a pattern? Well
done on all of them. Your Dad's quilt is great too. I am looking for one
to make for my DH or my kids (although Reece (9 yrs) has already picked on
out of a book that I have so I guess that'll be first!!)

Do any other of you have TOO many projects that you want to complete that
you don't know which to do next?

Natalie

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
om...
I'm not sure if that address will work okay, so you might try this link,
too...

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps
http://www.kayneyquilting.com ,
remove the obvious to reply

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
. com...
Got Dad's quilt done (except the binding, which will happen Thursday),

and
by request I've uploaded pictures of the finished "Ricky's Chantal"

quilt.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kat....net/my_photos

,
click on "quilting"

Enjoy!

Old December 12th 03, 03:11 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Yup. You can't beat those Jinny Beyer border prints for fast quilts.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps
http://www.kayneyquilting.com ,
remove the obvious to reply

t...

Old December 12th 03, 03:19 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Natalie and Aaron Leaver" wrote in message
Kathy,
What stunning quilts! I LOVE the Chantal. Is that from a pattern?

Sort of, but not really. Ricky Tims teaches a class on how to make it (which
is where this one was made), but it's all freeform -- no pattern, no
measuring, no nothing. We were working from a 2" x 3" sketch and used
nothing but our rotary cutters, mats, and sewing machines. Lots of fun to
do!

Old December 13th 03, 10:05 PM
Coleen

Wow, Kathy, such beautiful work. By the way, I think I am your very distant
cousin, hint hint.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen
Queen of Loving Stitches

Old December 16th 03, 07:26 PM
Dragonfly

Hmmm, "Quickie" -- isn't that when you dash into the LQS on your lunch hour
when you also have to make a stop at the post office and (by the way) also
grab some lunch? Quick trip in and out, maybe 5 minutes -- a quick Stash
Enhancing eXpedition. That's how I think of a "quickie" in the context of
r.c.t.q.!

Dragonfly

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
Wellllll.......................
(if I could look pitiful I would....)

Ragmop/Sandy--does a pitiful head of hair count?
(not going to say anything about "quickies" in this group!)

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
. com...

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
Loverly.
Having seen your work up close and in person,
I like it. I really like it.
Ragmop/Sandy--Cruising and quilting ;-D

Now you're making me feel bad that you only got a quickie! ;-)

Pics of my first quilt lloer Quilting 8 December 8th 03 12:34 PM
Blues Quilt Pics up at last! annie Quilting 35 November 5th 03 09:20 PM
new pics of of 2 more quilt tops Kathy in CA Quilting 7 October 26th 03 05:05 PM
posted pics of 2 quilt tops Kathy Quilting 6 July 19th 03 04:44 PM