Question for all new Mommies

Old November 14th 03, 08:10 AM
melinda

QuiltShopHopper wrote:
*Head to toe baby wash (I use Johnson's

is special baby wash really better than just bar soap? Or is it just easier
to use a liquid soap on a sqirmy baby than a bar soap?

I use Johnson baby wash as well, main reason "No Tears" formulation.
(smells nic too)

also, is Dreft really better laundry soap than any other? It costs so much
more!
And do you really use baby oil? What for? And is the gel form better than
the oily form?

Can't comment on US laundry stuff, but in Oz Napisan works well for me.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old November 14th 03, 08:12 AM
melinda

Jan Dunaway wrote:
I just use the all free and clear that has no dyes or fragrance. DD has
VERY sensitive skin and this is what works. Oxiclean helps on spit up
and did not irritate her skin. I never used baby oil or baby powder.
In the end I started using cetaphil on her skin instead of baby soap due
to allergies.

I use baby oil in DS's bath, helps lots with craddle cap. I found this
out long before DS arrived, but that's another story.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old November 14th 03, 08:18 AM
melinda

nzl* wrote:
did i read somewhere loooooong looooooong time ago that mineral oil is
absorbed into the blood stream and can deplete you of some essential vitamin
or other nutrient, thereby causing other problems.
i'd think it might also cause some bowel problems, eeeeeeeek.
i squirted breastmilk right on any diaper rash or in babys eye if the get
conjunctivitis. its the right ph for your baby.
works a treat. looks sorta funny thing to be doing but hey it worked.
jeanne
B/F three kids for a collective total of 3 yrs.

I might have considered doing that for DS's conjunctovitis, but he
preferred to drink it all. He's started solids, nearly up to 2
tablespoons and 2 to 3 meals a day and only been on them for 14
days (@ 4 months), he's a big greedy guts! BTW he's not fat, fat
at his last check he was 7.5kg and 66cm and this was the day he
started on rice ceral (solids).

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old November 14th 03, 05:08 PM
Kate Dicey

melinda wrote:

I might have considered doing that for DS's conjunctovitis, but he
preferred to drink it all. He's started solids, nearly up to 2
tablespoons and 2 to 3 meals a day and only been on them for 14
days (@ 4 months), he's a big greedy guts! BTW he's not fat, fat
at his last check he was 7.5kg and 66cm and this was the day he
started on rice ceral (solids).

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

James was 10 weeks old when he started on solids! Born on 1 October,
ate Christmas dinner that year! Nine years later he's still eating
well, not fat, and wears age 11-12 clothing. He's as broad across the
shoulders as his 12 YO and much taller (VERY tall for his age) cousin!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old November 15th 03, 02:57 AM
Karlee in Kansas

taking notes here to save $$$

TY!!! I'm going to use this as soon as we run out of the commercial
jobs...my mom bought us a case of them, but they don't pop up in the
squareish pop up container that we have (the 16 others are in use by DS for
his cars, and me for some of my craft stuff...the one that Erin uses
matches her room....) and so we have to take the top off, pull out a wipe,
use the wipe, put the lid back on....sigh lotta work, specially when Erin
has a mega blow out like she did today. I think that I'm going to use some
of the AAFES towels, they are way cheaper, and just as good as bounty....

Hugs,
Karlee in Kansas
Queen of Packrats
~~
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

Old November 15th 03, 04:39 AM
CNYstitcher

They really work...don't think you need to use the pop up containers,
that is just what I happened to have (generic store brand). "bekah
hasn't had any rashes since we switched to these

Larisa