OT - Hospital appointment!

Old November 8th 03, 05:40 PM
annie

That's REALLY bad timing kate- but all is not lost yet...
Most people I know who have had ops planned in the last year or so
have had them postponed at least once- and one of them got as far as
having a pre-op medication; it was only when she came down off cloud
27 that she realised she hadn't had the op. But maybe your health
trust can make a betetr job of things than mine.

So maybe you and your gall bladder will spend Christmas together after
all..

Hope it turns out whichever way you'd prefer!

Annie

Kate Dicey wrote in message ...
I got a letter yesterday morning. Oh, goody, I thought, this will be my
appointment for my nuclear scan!

Nah... It's the date fer me op! 22 December - first Monday of the
school holidays and three days before Christmas! Sheesh! They don't
half know how to bugger you about, the NHS! I don't dare say no, coz it
could be months before I get another one!

DH said I'd better be sure to write down the instructions for cooking
the Christmas dinner for him!

I dare say the scan appointment will come through sometime before the
op...

Old November 8th 03, 05:57 PM
Dr. Quilter

I wanted to take the only wisdom tooth I've had removed (I refuse to get
the others out, they haven't even peeked yet) home. But it was kind of
bloody and I gave up on it.. )

LN (remove NOSPAM) wrote:

Boy, you ARE a packrat!

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old November 8th 03, 05:58 PM
Anne

For another example of bad surgical timing: I was scheduled for ACL
reconstructive surgery (knee ligament thingy) for January 2000 *after* my
parents visit to my new house. Hospital called in late December and said
they had an opening "next Friday", would I like to take it. Note to self --
look at calendar next time before saying yes. Friday was Dec 31, 1999 and I
had my surgery at 6 am. Rung in the new millennium with a diet coke because
pain meds don't go so well with champers :-( Oh, yeah, and the 2-3 days of
recovery they promised stretched out long enough so that I spent my parents
visit on crutches and *they* had to drive *me* around.

Hope all goes well and you get all the pampering you deserve from the
family.
--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl

Kate Dicey wrote:

I got a letter yesterday morning. Oh, goody, I thought, this will be my
appointment for my nuclear scan!

Nah... It's the date fer me op! 22 December - first Monday of the
school holidays and three days before Christmas! Sheesh! They don't
half know how to bugger you about, the NHS! I don't dare say no, coz it
could be months before I get another one!

DH said I'd better be sure to write down the instructions for cooking
the Christmas dinner for him!

I dare say the scan appointment will come through sometime before the
op...
--
Kate XXXXXX (Feeling slightly distracted!)
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old November 8th 03, 07:50 PM
frood

Maybe you should do Christmas early! And then again when you are feeling
better.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old November 9th 03, 12:36 AM
Martha in IN

Kate, Don't really know if this is good news/bad news or not. Just hope
things go the way you want.
Martha

Old November 11th 03, 04:28 AM
Coleen

Kate --

Sorry that your surgery is scheduled for such an unfortunate time. But you
do need to get this done, so it just must be done. I bet DH will appreciate
you so much more after this. :-)

Love in Stitches,

Coleen
Queen of Loving Stitches

Old November 11th 03, 11:32 AM
Kate Dicey

Coleen wrote:

Kate --

Sorry that your surgery is scheduled for such an unfortunate time. But you
do need to get this done, so it just must be done. I bet DH will appreciate
you so much more after this. :-)

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

Thanks, Coleen! I've got plenty of time to sort everything out, so all
the major stuff will be done. Anything that doesn't get done we'll not
bother with! DH is a good cook, and I'll be there to hand out
instructions and advice, and we will survive!
--
Kate XXXXXX
Old November 11th 03, 01:41 PM
jules

ahh the good ole NHS, sorry to hear the timing on this Kate, but they
probably offered you this one as it had probably been turned down by a few
people already. how long are you in for ?

--
Jules

Old November 11th 03, 02:13 PM
Kate Dicey

jules wrote:

ahh the good ole NHS, sorry to hear the timing on this Kate, but they
probably offered you this one as it had probably been turned down by a few
people already. how long are you in for ?

It's the day care unit - key-hole surgery, so I OUGHT to be home the
same day... However, as I don't go in until 3 pm, and I'm usually a tad
slow to wake up from anaesthetics, I'm not counting on coming home until
Tuesday morning.

--
Kate XXXXXX