Bucilla - Threads in their kits

Old January 24th 19, 10:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Bucilla - Threads in their kits

On Wednesday, April 10, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Diane Dodds wrote:
I am currently working a Bucilla kit called
the Needlework Shoppe. I have come to just about
the 3/4 point in the kit and I am running out of
about 1/3 of the different colours. Bucilla lists
a bunch of numbers in their thread list in the kit,
but don't say whether the threads are DMC or whatever.
Does anyone know what type of thread they use? I
intend to finish the kit as far as possible, keeping
a sample of which threads I am running out of, try
and match it to DMC or Anchor and if that is not
possible I will have to write to them for additional
supplies.

Add my voice to the list of people stating why
they don't buy kits! I keep this kit at work so
that I have something to stitch at noonhour and it
is most annoying that I won't get this finished
before it is too nice outside to sit inside stitching!

Arrgh.

Old January 27th 19, 02:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_4_]

This is from 1996

Old January 27th 19, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 08:14:53 -0500, Rich wrote:

This is from 1996

You might say, The Glory Days How are you Rich?

Old February 21st 19, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 10:01:27 -0400, On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 08:14:53 -0500, Rich wrote:

This is from 1996

You might say, The Glory Days How are you Rich?

Nice to see at least a *bit* of action here again!

What is everyone working on? I am doing a foxgloves pattern: https://www.thestitchery.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=TB3629
I'm nearly done...have all the green done and am working on the few bottom flowers. I'm actually stitching it for Arliss (former member of this group), who has trouble stitching on black. I've also started (but have set aside for the duration of the foxgloves) their hollyhocks kit
https://tinyurl.com/yxrnzv5p which is for me.

These are kits from Europe (Riolis) and use an acrylic/wool blend, which has been a dream to work with...it's pretty soft stuff and the colors are really vibrant.

And (to keep this on topic) they are supplied with plenty of floss.

Joan in very snowy ND!

Old February 21st 19, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nyssa[_2_]

2019 08:14:53 -0500, Rich wrote:

[...]

I love seeing posts here again!

So I'll add my own.

I'm currently re-stitching models for my first four Goodie
Bag charts. Zweigart liked them so much, they kept my original
models for display at trade shows and such. Considering how
generous with sample fabrics they are, I had no problem with that,
but I do want to have a complete set of models in my own
collection.

The big news I've been holding back is that I've developed
a new website along with several friends (one of whom is
another stitcher) and will eventually be re-posting my old
freebie charts on the new site plus newer, exclusive designs
that have never before been published.

The site won't be just about stitching, but I'm hoping that
the freebies will bring in some interest and folks will find
other things about it they like and keep coming back.

BTW the site will have NO ads or tracking. It's not a money-
maker, just an outlet for us to share our interests and ideas
with others.

I'll let everyone here know when the site goes live.

I can't wait to start getting feedback on all the work that's
been done.

Nyssa
At River's End

Old February 23rd 19, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Arliss Link[_2_]

I'm peaking in, since I do get the digest and see that Joan has mentioned my name. I know that Joan intends to enter the foxgloves bell pull at her county fair. I would hope (but suspect it might not work out) that she could enter her hollyhock bell pull at the same time; I might persuade her to hold off and enter both at the same time next year.

I've been working on a couple of Mirabilia designs - Stone Roses (just beads and ribbon work left) and Lady of the Flag (just a bit of a hair color change, then backstitching and beads left); I set both aside to stitch Marie Barber's blue and white floral teapot, which is also almost finished, with just a few more cross stitches and backstitching to do.

I've been dealing with dry eye for the last couple of years, so I have some really awful days during which I can't do much of anything - except pour the drops in and cover my eyes with warm compresses. Some days I can read, even if I can't stitch. (Have you ever noticed that you do not blink as much while stitching as you do during other activities? It's true.)

If one goes by the interstates, I'm about 270 miles from Joan. It's also cold and snowy here. Bismarck had 6 or 7 consecutive days of subzero highs this month, and we've been getting plenty of "nuisance" snowfallss, which are snowfalls of under 2 inches; our HOA has a snow removal contractor come in to clean driveways and sidewalks when we get 2 inches or more, but it's up to the individual homeowner to clean up anything less than 2 inches. Ugh. I have a backache from shoveling today.

Arliss

Old January 8th 21, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 1:57:26 PM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

is anyone around any more