OT if chocolate is really OT

Old January 16th 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default OT if chocolate is really OT

OK all you US-based chocolate fanatics. According to this
site -
http://www.sfu.ca/geog351fall03/grou...um/consum.html
even Australia rates higher than the States!

That is not necessarily something for us to be proud of, but
clearly some of you are slacking off on the chocky chomping!
All I know is that someone over here is eating my annual
share.

And according to this site -
http://www.nationmaster.com/red/grap...ee-consumption
some of you are definitely consuming the average quantity of
coffee for several of your contrymen. Although I think that
certain colder European countries must be populated by
excitable little figures that bounce around off the walls
and each other!

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

Old January 17th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Someone is eating my share, too! Darn it! It's my chocolate and I prefer
to eat it myself! But really, 1 to 3 times per month to consume chocolate
for optimum health? Of course, that's the figure for men. I know I eat it
more often than that.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old January 17th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

hmm...obviously lots of American chocolate eaters are lying. ;-)
I know I'm doing my part!
22.36 lbs per year-- pshaw! Amateurs! LOL

Coffee--never touch it. But it would partly explain the schizophrenia
in The White House, D.C..

Do you have any stats for quilters per country? Fabric consumption?

Cheers!
R/Sandy

Old January 17th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

The USA is in 11th place on chocolate
consumption! Oh, man, I am so
appalled!! I implore my fellow
Americans to stop slacking off (except
those with medical excuse & it BETTER be
a good one!) If each and every one to
increase chocolate consumption with say
an extra two chocolate bars per month,
our chocolate status would improve
greatly. To say nothing of improving MY
disposition. Do you realize how
EMBARRASSING this is for me??? After
all, I am an American AND Official
Chocolate Taster of RCTQ.

PAT, going downstairs for two Hershey
Kisses right now, in VA/USA

CATS wrote:

OK all you US-based chocolate fanatics. According to this
site -
http://www.sfu.ca/geog351fall03/grou...um/consum.html
even Australia rates higher than the States!

That is not necessarily something for us to be proud of, but
clearly some of you are slacking off on the chocky chomping!
All I know is that someone over here is eating my annual
share.

PS: I will leave the comments on coffee
to our Coffee Diva, Jan
Old January 17th 07, 12:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

yes you should be.. we here in the Netherlands have managed 13th place
(10.56 lbs/yr) despite being smaller that the average US state! g

I won't even go into the slacking on the part of the coffee consumption...
as we are 5th place (7.1 kg) as opposed to your measly 3 kg a year

I of course do my part in making sure the rest of the world gets *good*
chocolate and I certainly drink my fair share of the coffee.....

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Old January 17th 07, 12:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Hmmm ... I really don't think you have a
valid issue here, Jessamy. Size of the
country doesn't really relate to PER
CAPITA consumption, IMNHO. Even so, I
urge Americans to hop to and eat more
chocolate!! PAT, who has never been on
receiving end of your alleged good
chocolate, so has no personal knowledge
of same. (snort!!)

Old January 17th 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

hehehe I was wondering if you would notice

however your memory serves you badly as I *did* send you a sample way back
on 2002 :-P as that was a "requirement" to becoming a queen myself g

Old January 17th 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Erin

CATS skrev:

Although I think that
certain colder European countries must be populated by
excitable little figures that bounce around off the walls
and each other!

Yeah, although nearly 13 years in Sweden has not been sufficient to
convert me from tea to coffee. Still there's nothing quite like a warm
beverage when there's several centimeters of snow outside!

Erin
http://arkivarie.livejournal.com/

Old January 17th 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

OH!? That must have been when we were
having a family crisis. (Sounds good.)
Please excuse me on my shaky memory.