Gold Filled Toggles (and note to Mary S)

Old July 16th 03, 06:54 PM
Christina Peterson

Default Gold Filled Toggles (and note to Mary S)

I have finally found a few gold filled toggles, in a very wide range of
prices, one or two from each of several sites. But NOT Rio. What Rio has
is vermeil, which is gold PLATE, not gold-filled.

I'm with Marilee on this, I won't use, and can't recommend gold plate, even
if the material that's plated is silver.

Tina

Old July 16th 03, 08:46 PM
Dr. Sooz

Nope. Gold-filled is preferable to vermeil by far.

I'm with Marilee on this, I won't use, and can't recommend gold plate, even
if the material that's plated is silver.

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Old July 18th 03, 02:27 AM
CLP

Mo

http://www.metalworks.com/GoldFilled/GFFinding.htm

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message

I've never used any of these suppliers. Just a preliminary look.

http://jemsnjools.com/Gold%20Filled%20Clasps.htm

http://www.2beadornot2bead.com/Merch...e=2BON2B&Scree
n=CTGY&Category_Code=toggle-14ktgoldfilled

http://jsbeads.com/shop/JSshopdispla...&cat=Clasp s+

Tina

rthlink.net...

Old July 18th 03, 10:46 PM
Christina Peterson

Yes, every once in a while I'll run across a single style some place. I'm
really astounded that our basic catalogues don't have them.

Tina

"Steve & Susan Wright" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
I had some quite awhile back and don't think I paid anywhere near those
prices. Wish I remembered where I got them.

Susan

Old July 19th 03, 02:01 AM
Jennifer

Santa Fe Jewelers Supply has at least some gold-filled toggles. I
haven't ordered from them so can't recommend personally, though for
whatever reason I do have a good impression of their shop!

If you want to take a look here's their URL:

http://www.sfjssantafe.com/

I think I saw the toggles in the print catalog but doublechecked the
website and if you search for 'findings' and 'goldfilled' you'll find
some.

HTH,

Jen
http://www.paperjewels.com