Ping NightMist

Old December 15th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default Ping NightMist

I'm thinking Dec. 15 was the date for 'the evil almost-mother-of-the-bride'
to come thru with the money for the gown you made. Since that would be
Saturday, I was wondering if you'd heard anything? Fingers crossed it's
sitting there at the courthouse waiting for you to pick up your check!
Don't keep us in suspense! VBG

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 15th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 21:24:52 -0600, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:

I'm thinking Dec. 15 was the date for 'the evil almost-mother-of-the-bride'
to come thru with the money for the gown you made. Since that would be
Saturday, I was wondering if you'd heard anything? Fingers crossed it's
sitting there at the courthouse waiting for you to pick up your check!
Don't keep us in suspense! VBG

So far nothing.
I made a mark on the calendar on the 20th so I can try to put it as
far out of my mind as is reasonable during the holiday busyness.
Though every time I have to reach into the broiler to light the oven,
or try to coax more than one burner at a time into life on the
stovetop, I tend to think about it! I figure any and all excuses can
be cast aside if I give five days bonus to her. Plus it gives a due
amount of consideration to holiday mail clogs, and etc. I would guess
that she would wait until the very last second to send it.
At least I have heard nothing about appeals or other such stuff.

DH pointed out to me the other day that my landlord never installed
the gas valve on the stove line, so unhooking the old one and hooking
in a new one is going to be an adventure.

NightMist
--

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the
majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with
Old December 15th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

heres my opinion, tho maybe i'm too cynical.
'after' checking to see if the money has been paid into
wherever it goes,
i'd be on the phone first thing monday morning to see what
you're supposed to do about it not being paid on the due
date as per court ordered by the judge.
i see no point in waiting. the police or whoever take enough
time doing things at their end to account for some leeway to
the woman.
giving her 5 extra days leaves it til xmas eve will run into
3 weeks til after new years no doubt and then some.
the courts and police will be busy with all the drunk
drivers from the seasons festivitys to deal with and your
money will seem a pittance to them.
if you dont follow up on what the court ordered who else is
going to?
a single call to see what happens now cant hurt anyone.
sure 'tis the season to be jolly' and you'd be a lot jollier
with that money that is waaaaaay past due to you in your hot
little hands to visit the LQS and stock up on some prezzies
for yourself.
oh sorry, i mean to pay some bills that need paying.
just do NOT give her the dress til you get the money from
her or you'll never get any peace.
i'd not trust someone like that.
bah humbug to her i say.
j.
hup two three four, hup two three four

Old December 16th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

..... and make sure the check has cleared properly before you hand over
the dress.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old December 16th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

good point, Sally.
j.

"Sally Swindells" wrote...

Old December 16th 07, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

You will probably need to call the court clerk's office and see what your
options are. Perhaps you will need to have a copy of the court's ruling
enrolled on the Judgment Rolls and request an execution or garnishment or
such. Might be big fun to have the sheriff take possession of her Rolls
Royce and auction it off to satisfy your judgment. Here's some very Good
Advice: be nice to the court clerk. They can be very helpful. A platter
of cookies wouldn't hurt. Polly

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
good point, Sally.
j.

"Sally Swindells" wrote...

Old December 16th 07, 06:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

If this is all taking place in the same county/jurisdiction, they will
have a copy of it in the file. If not, you should have a certified
copy to show them.

You may have to motion the court for garnishment of wages or assets,
for the amount, plus interest, and fees.

Yes, be nice to the court clerk. But remember a couple of things.
There may be a Legal Advice Assistance Center at the courthouse for
you to get help at. Speaking for my Superior Court, as courtroom
clerks we cannot give advice as such, we can direct you to look at
your options, suggest options, but not tell you which one you can/
should go with. That is called practicing law without a license - a
big no-no. As far as a plate of cookies? We are not allowed to accept
gifts of any kind, from anyone, no matter what it is or who they are,
unless a fellow employee. Anything that does come in is given over to
the court's administration and it is then donated to charity.

just my two cents worth,
Ginger in CA

On Dec 15, 8:23 pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
You will probably need to call the court clerk's office and see what your
options are. Perhaps you will need to have a copy of the court's ruling
enrolled on the Judgment Rolls and request an execution or garnishment or
such. Might be big fun to have the sheriff take possession of her Rolls
Royce and auction it off to satisfy your judgment. Here's some very Good
Advice: be nice to the court clerk. They can be very helpful. A platter
of cookies wouldn't hurt. Polly

"nzlstar*" wrote in message

good point, Sally.
j.

"Sally Swindells" wrote...

nzlstar* wrote:
[...]

At least I have heard nothing about appeals or other such stuff.- Hide quoted text -

Old December 16th 07, 07:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

thanks for all that info, Ginger.
i just deleted my other reply.
i'd take the cookies but i'll never work in that capacity so
no worrys. )
fingers crossed the money is already paid and all this is
moot.
j.

"Ginger in CA" wrote...

Old December 16th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

If you can...bring it right to the bank it is issued on to be cashed . If
the money is there
they can cash it for you.

Old December 16th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

There's a fine line, Ginger, between 'direct and suggest' and practicing
law. Since some people can and will sue a ham sandwich, I know you must be
vigilant not to step over that line. Polly

"Ginger in CA" wrote in message
[...]

"nzlstar*" wrote in message

good point, Sally.
j.

"Sally Swindells" wrote...

nzlstar* wrote:
[...]

PING - DeeinOz - PING PING PING Maloney Empire Quilting 0 April 15th 07 09:26 AM
Nightmist....... off kilter quilter Quilting 1 December 27th 05 11:28 PM
OT Particularly for Nightmist or Anyone With A Cool Name NanaV Quilting 12 November 10th 04 01:16 AM
For NightMist CNYstitcher Quilting 4 June 17th 04 11:54 PM
Nightmist - Hoffman Challenge 2001 fabric Jeri Quilting 2 May 10th 04 11:34 PM