Glue Chip Plate?

Old February 27th 05, 04:27 AM
Moonraker

Default Glue Chip Plate?

Anybody know of a source for 3/16"? All I can find locally is 1/4" plate.

Old February 27th 05, 04:18 PM
Javahut

How big a hunk ya need?

"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..
Anybody know of a source for 3/16"? All I can find locally is 1/4" plate.

Old February 27th 05, 05:04 PM
Moonraker

It's ongoing. Right now I need 5 or 6 sq ft. No piece smaller than a
shoebox.

American Flat Glass who is the biggest distrib in the SE of plate and float
doesn't have it. Mt.Airy has some Carolina Glue, but it is in 1/4". If I
knew who made 3/16" , maybe I could track a local source down.

"Javahut" wrote in message
How big a hunk ya need?

. ..

Old February 28th 05, 11:15 PM
Charles Spitzer

"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..
Anybody know of a source for 3/16"? All I can find locally is 1/4" plate.

make it yourself? you can get the glue in bulk, and it's reusable.

http://www.glassmart.com/gluechip_tutorial.html

Old March 1st 05, 12:14 AM
Michele Blank

Art Glass House in FL lists regular AND 1/4in single, double, American and
Chinese. I'd be happy to drop ship the necessary? m
"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..
Anybody know of a source for 3/16"? All I can find locally is 1/4" plate.

Old March 1st 05, 12:19 AM
Moonraker

I'm looking for the 3/16" to make replacement bevels with. The 1/4" just
doesn't look right mixed in with the original 3/16" pieces.

Good to see you back. You weren't incarcerated as a result of your thong
debacle, were you? :)

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
Art Glass House in FL lists regular AND 1/4in single, double, American and
Chinese. I'd be happy to drop ship the necessary? m
. ..

Old March 1st 05, 12:37 AM
Michele Blank

Nah, i just crashed, my server helpfully had me delete a bunch of stuff to
regain IE and i ended up with 28 trojans amongst other niceties.Took a lot
of work to find 'em and get rid of 'em. I closed on a piece of land today in
the country so the t'ong t'ing should soon be moot. Back to biz... AGH
offers sheets UPS able 12x18, truck 24x 36. If you don't feel like setting
up an account, i can drop ship to you for i think a 5$ charge?? you can
safely e- mail me , i have protection...;)
"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking for the 3/16" to make replacement bevels with. The 1/4" just
doesn't look right mixed in with the original 3/16" pieces.

Good to see you back. You weren't incarcerated as a result of your thong
debacle, were you? :)

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
Art Glass House in FL lists regular AND 1/4in single, double, American

and
Chinese. I'd be happy to drop ship the necessary? m
. ..

Old March 1st 05, 01:03 AM
Moonraker

Ah, the old trojan problem.

I got a copy of "System Mechanic" from Iolo software. I had one trojan and
a bunch of pesky spyware things that our previous software never could find.
I swear by this new software...a firewall, a popup killer, and a
spyware/anti-virus. It also has a spam killer but I use something else for
that.

12x18 is plenty big enough...just HAS to be 3/16". I can get (and have)
plenty of the 1/4".
Charlie Spitzer suggested chipping my own. I may try that later on when I
can do it outside. I remember how bad hide glue smelled when my dad was
making furniture in his shop.

Are you still near Charleston?

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
Nah, i just crashed, my server helpfully had me delete a bunch of stuff to
regain IE and i ended up with 28 trojans amongst other niceties.Took a lot
of work to find 'em and get rid of 'em. I closed on a piece of land today

in
the country so the t'ong t'ing should soon be moot. Back to biz... AGH
offers sheets UPS able 12x18, truck 24x 36. If you don't feel like setting
up an account, i can drop ship to you for i think a 5$ charge?? you can
safely e- mail me , i have protection...;)
"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking for the 3/16" to make replacement bevels with. The 1/4"

just
doesn't look right mixed in with the original 3/16" pieces.

Good to see you back. You weren't incarcerated as a result of your

thong
debacle, were you? :)

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
Art Glass House in FL lists regular AND 1/4in single, double, American

and
Chinese. I'd be happy to drop ship the necessary? m
. ..

Old March 1st 05, 02:21 AM
Michele Blank

It must be 3/16 but a quick call will tell. 800525 8009. I have Trend Micro
security back on board now and it covers everything. I am so paranoid that i
update every time before i even open outlook. Frightening enough that i get
updates 2 and 3 times a day! Still here in rainy
ycchy Charleston area, headed your way(i think, Atlanta??) end of April, any
room at the starving artists' Inn? m

wrote in message
. ..
[...]

"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking for the 3/16" to make replacement bevels with. The 1/4"

just
doesn't look right mixed in with the original 3/16" pieces.

Good to see you back. You weren't incarcerated as a result of your

thong
debacle, were you? :)

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
Art Glass House in FL lists regular AND 1/4in single, double,

American
and
Chinese. I'd be happy to drop ship the necessary? m
. ..

Old March 1st 05, 04:10 PM
Michele Blank

you know, now that i think of it, i have regularly gotten 3/16 glue chip at
Mt. Airy? Not the suwanee location but shouldn't make a diff???m

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
It must be 3/16 but a quick call will tell. 800525 8009. I have Trend

Micro
security back on board now and it covers everything. I am so paranoid that

update every time before i even open outlook. Frightening enough that i

get
updates 2 and 3 times a day! Still here in rainy
ycchy Charleston area, headed your way(i think, Atlanta??) end of April,

any
room at the starving artists' Inn? m

wrote in message
. ..
[...]

"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking for the 3/16" to make replacement bevels with. The 1/4"

just
doesn't look right mixed in with the original 3/16" pieces.

Good to see you back. You weren't incarcerated as a result of your

thong
debacle, were you? :)

"Michele Blank" wrote in

message
Art Glass House in FL lists regular AND 1/4in single, double,

American
and
Chinese. I'd be happy to drop ship the necessary? m
. ..