Quilt for ME - December....last month

Old December 8th 04, 06:22 AM
Jalynne

Default Quilt for ME - December....last month

Well, how have we done this year? I thought I'd get more done than I have....but you
know, it's been a lot of fun. I'm that much closer to having more quilts in my
house, and I've loved hearing about your progress as well. I got the majority of the
machine quilting done on DH's blue star banner quilt over Thanksgiving, and sill have
some yet to go, but i'm pleased, nonetheless.

--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old December 8th 04, 01:29 PM
nbhilyard

This year's quilt-for-me is "Peach Roses." The photo is of the quilt top;
since then it has been professionally quilted and I've used it.
http://community.webshots.com/user/nbhilyard
(picture is in the "Nann's quilts" album)

Someone posted a message saying she had four quilts for every bed in the
house. She rotated them seasonally. That sounded good to me, and Peach
Roses is the first.

Nann

ink.net...

Old December 8th 04, 02:14 PM
Diana Curtis

We have done well this year. The siggy quilt is on the bed or sofa depending
on how its needed and its a lovely reminder of the people who have been a
part of my life. It isnt a quilt that would get rave reviews for its
stunning beauty, or technical precision, but it is the prefered quilt when
one is feeling unwell, or for snuggling under during the long cold winter
nights.
This quilt is on its third or fourth incarnation. I wonder what Ill do to
it next.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
ink.net...

Old December 8th 04, 02:24 PM
Louise

That's beautiful, Nann. Congrats on being so good to yourself!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"nbhilyard" wrote in message
This year's quilt-for-me is "Peach Roses." The photo is of the quilt top;
since then it has been professionally quilted and I've used it.
http://community.webshots.com/user/nbhilyard
(picture is in the "Nann's quilts" album)

Someone posted a message saying she had four quilts for every bed in the
house. She rotated them seasonally. That sounded good to me, and Peach
Roses is the first.

Nann

ink.net...

Old December 8th 04, 03:18 PM
JG1

You have made a lot of progress, Jalynne. I, too, have enjoyed reading about
everyone's progress.

Early this year, I finished the reversible summer/winter quilt for our bed.
Only did a little on the Mine-all-mine quilt. Oh, well, maybe I'll finish it
next year. We *are* allowed to continue next year aren't we? G
--
Ginger (in Texas)
http://photos.yahoo.com/gingerbread1958

ink.net...

Old December 8th 04, 05:34 PM
maryd

That is gorgeous. I will be happy when I get one quilt done for each bed in
the house. That's four if you count the futon and the toddler bed I have
for the younger grandkids.

--
Mary
"nbhilyard" wrote in message
This year's quilt-for-me is "Peach Roses." The photo is of the quilt top;
since then it has been professionally quilted and I've used it.
http://community.webshots.com/user/nbhilyard
(picture is in the "Nann's quilts" album)

Someone posted a message saying she had four quilts for every bed in the
house. She rotated them seasonally. That sounded good to me, and Peach
Roses is the first.

Nann

ink.net...

Old December 8th 04, 05:36 PM
maryd

The only quilt I completed that I kept is the Christmas/winter table runner.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...25790546DYSZxj

--
Mary

Old December 8th 04, 06:04 PM
Butterfly

This has been a year of 'low concentration' for me so I was pleased to be
able to get the I Spy quilts done. Haven't looked at the *One For Me* other
than have it sitting OUT where I can see it : ) Brings a smile and a happy
memory everytime I see it (I had help picking out the background fabric: )
Have one more 'baby quilt' to make (due date is Jan) and then DD's airplane
one (as soon as she sends me the 2 blocks that she is working up) then I can
Hope you continue asking every month--not just ending it now..please...
Butterfly

ink.net...

Old December 8th 04, 06:11 PM
Butterfly

GORGEOUS! If you ever tire of it--I know of a bed that it would fit
perfectly on : )
Butterfly (finally up to typing again ; )
"nbhilyard" wrote in message
This year's quilt-for-me is "Peach Roses." The photo is of the quilt top;
since then it has been professionally quilted and I've used it.
http://community.webshots.com/user/nbhilyard
(picture is in the "Nann's quilts" album)

Someone posted a message saying she had four quilts for every bed in the
house. She rotated them seasonally. That sounded good to me, and Peach
Roses is the first.

Nann

ink.net...

Old December 8th 04, 06:20 PM
Diana Curtis

You are an inspiration Butterfly. Rather than give up on quilting altogether
you just plug away at it safely, and you do finish! Now, if you can make
quilts in 10-15 minute increments at a time, then what stops anyone else
from sneaking those few minutes from a day and finishing as well?
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Butterfly" wrote in message
This has been a year of 'low concentration' for me so I was pleased to be
able to get the I Spy quilts done. Haven't looked at the *One For Me*

other
than have it sitting OUT where I can see it : ) Brings a smile and a happy
memory everytime I see it (I had help picking out the background fabric: )
Have one more 'baby quilt' to make (due date is Jan) and then DD's

airplane
one (as soon as she sends me the 2 blocks that she is working up) then I

can
Hope you continue asking every month--not just ending it now..please...
Butterfly

"Jalynne" wrote in message
ink.net...
Well, how have we done this year? I thought I'd get more done than I
have....but you know, it's been a lot of fun. I'm that much closer to
having more quilts in my house, and I've loved hearing about your

progress
as well. I got the majority of the machine quilting done on DH's blue
star banner quilt over Thanksgiving, and sill have some yet to go, but

i'm
pleased, nonetheless.

--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Mini B.C. quilt shop tour shhdesigns Quilting 13 September 15th 04 04:03 AM
Gifting a "used" quilt? KI Graham Quilting 13 September 6th 04 07:18 PM
Hurricane Charley Fred Needlework 270 September 5th 04 07:24 PM
Bear's Paw Block Quilt Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 22 September 3rd 04 11:41 PM
a good quilt week Pat in Virginia Quilting 6 December 16th 03 11:42 PM