Disappearing 9 patch

Old December 15th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Disappearing 9 patch

Has anyone done with with only 2 fabrics? Do you have any pictures of
them? Thanks.

Marilyn
Old December 15th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

I went to webshots and used their search box using 'disappearing 9
patch quilts' - came up with photos of 37 quilts from various members
of webshots. There is one photo of a black and white quilt which
might give you an idea although this quilt does use multiple fabric
designs in the colour family. jennellh

Old December 15th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

In February I need to 'design' or pick a block and assign this as BOM for a
large Bee. I've been planning all along to use this pattern wiht black and
white fabric, wiht a red central square. Now I am thinking of using just
black and white. I think I can work.

A good way to test this is to doodle the block on paper. Yes, grab a scrap
of paper .... the back of the old grocer list is good. Draw a quick 9 patch
block on it; shade in the center square and four corner squares. Cut up the
block as you would for the disappearing 9 patch. Move the parts. Do you like
it? If you make two identical blocks, you can see how the block will
interact with the adjoining block. Now make one block that has the shaded
squares in the four side positions. Use that block next to one of the
original blocks. You will see a difference! I KNOW because I just played
around with some. I will probably use that variation in February. Unless I
change my mind!

Color and cut out .... kindergarten fun we never out grow!
PAT in VA/USA