Anyone have a source for men's thimbles?

Old January 14th 05, 09:36 AM
BEI Design

Karen Maslowski wrote:
From my perspective, those aren't tiny hands at all. I wear a
size 3 1/2 ring, and the only thimble that fits was my
grandmother's. Everyone in my mother's family has fine bones, and small
hands and tiny
feet. I'm a comparative clodhopper, with a size 6 shoe. For someone my
height-- 5'7" --it's ridiculous to have such wee tootsies.

One of my grandmothers was tiny...maybe 4'7". very petite, and had nine
children. The other was 5'6" or 7" and hands which could easily cover a
dinner plate. I think I took after her. My right hand ring-finger size is
8 or 8 1/2, and I can never find *nice* leather gloves which fit. Except
men's...

This thimble topic is fascinating. I've also never wondered how
they sized them before. Thanks for bringing it up!

My pleasure. It would never have come up if I had not been given a Very
Large Hint by my DD about what DSIL would like for his birthday in February.

--
Beverly
delete no spam and .invalid to reply

Old January 14th 05, 09:40 AM
BEI Design

Karen Maslowski wrote:
Ah, that clarifies the DSIL--I was thinking your sister-in-law
had extremely large hands, Bev!

Karen Maslowski in Ohio

Oops, I guess clarification is needed on some of the acronyms. *I'm* the
one with large hands (for a woman)...

Old February 7th 05, 05:43 AM
BEI Design

"BEI Design" wrote in message
[posted to both sewing groups]

Just a follow-up: we celebrated DSIL's birthday today, and he was delighted
with the thimbles I found for him. I purchased two leather thimbles from
sailrite.com, and ordered two closed top from another supplier, but they
shipped open-top. Since they weren't too expensive, (the shipping exceeded
the cost), I decided to let him decide whether or not he wanted to keep
them. He's going to test them out and let me know.

Thanks everyone for all the good information and links, I'm a hit with DSIL.
;-)

Glass Source Michele Blank Glass 12 July 17th 12 04:39 PM
Trading Thimbles Amberinauburn Quilting 0 July 22nd 04 05:39 AM
Various quilting thimbles & such Jiminy Quilting 25 July 18th 04 03:54 AM
Great new source for quilt books Betty in Wi Quilting 2 September 19th 03 12:27 PM
Source for jade Peter W. Rowe Jewelry 0 July 13th 03 06:20 PM