how many FQs are there in a pillow?

Old July 17th 05, 07:17 AM
nzlstar

Default how many FQs are there in a pillow?

just unpicked the last of the FQs i picked up while away, blame the last
ones on jenns s.e.x.
its all her fault, she kept taking me by various shops. i'm innocent i tell
ya.

oh yea, the pillow.
couldnt get anymore into the suitcase, box or carry on bag so i made a
pillow at jenns suggestion.
i was gonna try a big fat vest/waistcoat and wear it but the pillow is a
much better idea.
wellllll, i made the pillow with a lining, used 8 FQs for the the pillow
cover and managed to scrunch up 30, yes 30 FQs inside it. this made a
perfect thing to take on the plane, giving me another soft surface.
i used it for my feet on the metal foot thingy, much softer for my tired
feet.
not once did any airline employee ask about it, just saw it was a pillow and
let me take it on board.
worked perfect and i'll be doing the same next trip as well.
wooooooohoooooooooo.
dh is having a fit asking me what i'm gonna do with all the fabric i got.
hes not even seen the rest of it i used as packing material in the about a
dozen boxes of stuff i sent home. the stuff i found in storage in canada and
wanted to keep it rather than take to a second hand auction house. hes gonna
have a cow, oh well.
i just told him that coin collectors do not buy cokes from vending machines
with their collections and stamp collectors do not use their stamps on
letters to mail so why does he expect me to actually use my fabrics if'n i
dont feel like it. hes got no idea, silly man.
i'm in heaven here today as i slowly get thru all the unpacking and sorting
and oh my.
found all the notions and threadd i got as well.
added up the threads and i've come home with about 12 thousand yds of thread
in cream, ecru, purple, lime and orangey red colours. all the ones i'll need
for my 'trip' quilt.
i got a cool ruler for making Flying Geese, my fav block unit.
got several pencils for marking various applique and quilting designs as
required.
got a bunch of those gel pens in various colours for whatever takes my fancy
but not too sure how or what they can do just yet.
i got one wee sashiko design already printed on linen i believe. never tried
this but i'm keen to give it a go. found some white, gold and lime perle
cotton that might well work on this or i'll have to go find another colour
or two, lol.
got pins(glass headed), needles(quilting and sashiko), wee things
(strawberry and a pendant sharpener from clover) to sharpen those as well.
got a box of freezer paper and an applique pressing sheet.
got more but right now i'm smelling another fantastic dinner in the making
here.
dh came home with some long thin aubergines, japanese type i think.
also a couple of small butternut squash/pumpkin and courgette/zuchini.
all of which he is using to make a lamb (leftover from last nights roast) to
make a scrummy curry for dinner. oh boy did i ever miss his fantastic
cooking.
i'll probably put on weight now if i'm not careful, oh well. rofl
i got all those notions cuz here if they even exist cost more than i'm
prepared to pay for them.
in usa they are all affordable.
forgot the answer already? there are 38 FQs in a pillow.
hugz from winter in nz.
jeanne
now to get my brain into design mode so i can actually try make some great
quilts
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Old July 17th 05, 01:41 PM
Polly Esther

We have missed you, oh how we have missed you. My voice teacher (yes, I had
a voice teacher; no she couldn't turn me into a recording star) always said
that enthusiasm was the spice of life. Your Joy of S.E.X. was such fun to
share. Thank you and welcome home. Polly

Old July 17th 05, 04:22 PM
Butterfly

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE'S
HHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
And WOW! was it neat meeting you
Very very gentle Hugs
Butterfly (and WATCH that TOE! or was it heel)

--
Butterfly

Old July 17th 05, 04:54 PM
Vickie Y

Jeanne, it's so good to see you've survived your long trip! You are such a
clever girl!
What a wonderful shopping experience you had! Good for you! Do you still
need more bobbins for your Touch and Sew? I had forgotten about your asking
about them quite some time ago, and I'm not usually up to date on the list
here!
If you still need more, email me, I have some I could spare!
Hugs, and welcome home!!

Vickie in Cleveland

"nzlstar" wrote ...
oh yea, the pillow.

Old July 17th 05, 07:14 PM
nzlstar

oh dear Polly!!
you missed me?
uh well, gee, shucks.
who'da'thunk anyone would miss little (ok shaaaadup, so i'm not so little,
whats your point?) old (and getting older everyday, another point?) me.
sure is nice to hear tho.
sure are a mess of newbies in here since i left home over 3 months ago. i
noticed some of them the few times i made it in here thru google but so many
its just hard to keep up with them all.
i just wish i didnt have all that damn business to do and could of visited
with more of my online/rctq buddys. i'm positive i'd love ya all.
maybe next trip, eh.
sigh...
hugz,
jeanne
still working on trying to fix the audio on puter, lost all sound, even the
windows start up sounds aint'a heard, open to any/all ideas, think i've
checked every possible thing i could check but as i'm self taught on this
contraption.... oh i can use voice and others can hear me thru yahoo msg'r,
not sure if that goes thru the sound card, if it does the problem must be a
simple setting needs tweaking but which one?
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Polly Esther" wrote...

Old July 17th 05, 07:19 PM
nzlstar

yes, Judy, a wonderful solution, thanks again to jenn for the idea, worked
a treat.
t'were easy too with all those massive 1/2 to 1 full inch seams i put in
just for the strength and so it would not have an iota of a chance of
tearing in use til i got home and could unpick it all.
aint it right perculiar (sic) that FQs are all so different in size tho. : /
however i did a recount and there were actually 40 FQs, not bad to get ten
full yds into one wee pillow, eh. i was impressed but dh was not, lol. he
knows noooooooooooothing! (spoked as sgt schultz from hogans heros would
have)
hugz,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Judy" wrote...

Old July 17th 05, 07:26 PM
nzlstar

well goooooooooooollllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Ms Butterfly (said as
gomer pyle would),
i sure did enjoy my visit with you and the boys as well. not much is better
than meeting up with folks you've only ever known online. seems like old
home week, eh.
i gotta say tho, you started my s.e.x. and shame on you. set a precident and
i lost all control after that, lol. oh ok, i never had any control before
that but you just set the wheels in motion, you did. so you can take some of
the blame too, yup, you and jenn, all your fault. first and last ones i got
a long visit with and look what i come home with. i'll tell dh that, yep,
works for me. )
toe or heel, who can recall now which it was, so long ago.
i did get blisters on bottom of my feet on the long hike thru various
airports between B'splat and London, ON tho. eeeeeeeeek, so many flights
just to get across one continent. oh well.
jenn ought to be there to visit sometime this week and will have a wee
package for ya. hope ya like the contents.
hugz and kissez,
jeanne
xoxoxxoxoxox
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Butterfly" wrote...

Old July 17th 05, 07:37 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Love the pillow story! ;-D

Y'know, Jeanne, if you'd come down to the southern central part
of the USA, we'd have shown you around and you could have
taken home a *really respectable* (big) haul of goodies.
*sigh* Oh, well, another time... . ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy

Old July 17th 05, 07:39 PM
nzlstar

thanks Vickie,
i wasnt far from you when in ypsilanti, MI. shame i couldnt get over to meet
you too.
dont think tis anything to do with clever, just doing what had to be done
and trying to survive the onslaught of beauracratic redtape and idiots along
the way.
woke in the night and realized theres more to come as i wait for tax dept to
review each late return individually and no doubt send mail asking various
questions and needing various copys of various info about the return. tax
lady told me they will probably come and not to let it worry me too much as
the medical deductions far outweigh the income level and still will be no
tax due, even if there were any forgotten bits of income as they would not
be too much. i hope shes right, lol. applied for a refund after all those
yrs of tax were done. lucky i paid in estimated for 2001 way back when, eh.

i got lucky and found some of just those very bobbins at the very last store
i went into in calif. nearly didnt check it out too. they are a great shop
for anyone who lives in the east SF bay area. its in castro valley on the
main blvd and called 'Bolts End'. they buy end of line stock and the fabs
are good ones too, not the cheapos you might expect. they also have a heap
of notions there, all you might need. some i'd not found other places, oddly
enough. since my last visit there back in 2001, new owners have really
spruced the place up and reconfig'd it for the better. they got a room full
of nothing but trips and ribbons. i wanted some but just too many to decide
so left it and got some bobbins and a few other wee notions i wanted.
i told them to get their online shop in gear as they'd get me buying from
them. prices for the fabs were in the $5 range for what i'd seen elsewhere
for $8-10 a yd. a pretty good range of colours and patterns on the fabs as
well.
anyhow, thanks for the offer on the bobbins, i think i'm ok for a while now
on those.
tis nice to be home, house and rctq, i mean.
hugz,
jeanne
recount showed actually 40 FQs in that pillow, lol
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Vickie Y" wrote...
[...]

Help! Please, about needlepoint pillow PC Hunter Needlework 5 January 19th 05 07:51 AM
Heart shaped polar fleece pillow Tania Yarn 1 November 9th 04 03:13 AM
Bolster Pillow help nana2b Quilting 8 October 11th 04 03:40 PM
FO crochet pillow cover!!! Anna MCM Yarn 1 June 17th 04 04:38 PM
Review: Zooziis Pillow Press starlia Beads 13 May 5th 04 11:59 PM