Semi-OT - forum censorship

Old April 8th 05, 08:15 AM
Kalera Stratton

I love the photos... and, for that matter, the members are the real
reason I go there. For the most part, I really like the people.

Charlie wrote:
I really enjoy the wearable art show and tell, it gives me loads of
inspiration! I save all the photo's of jewellery that I love in a folder
and then look through it when my muse needs a kick up the arse!

Charlie.

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message

What a shame! I have to admit, I rarely look at WC anymore unless someone
wants me to see something there and e-mails me a link. I just don't have
time to go through it all.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

with

"Subscribe" in the subject line.

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message

I have recently found out that Wetcanvas is actively censoring certain
links (to other forums) out of private messages between users... and this
really upsets me. I personally have made furthering accurate information
about lampworking one of my core values, and it breaks my heart to see a
popular company that actively seeks to "protect" its customers from other
sources of information. WC is now a for-profit company, and profit has

for

some time gradually been rising over the sharing of information as their
primary goal.

I can't talk about this freely on WC, so I am talking about it freely
here, since I don't run the risk of censorship and this is a completely
uninvolved place. I'm really, really upset about this; although I had

some

time ago made the decision not to post any tutorials to WC (I am not
giving a profit-seeking company my hard work for free) and have been
wavering on the decision of whether to advertise with them. Well, that
decision is made; my dollars go elsewhere. I spend over $2000/yr on
advertising and not a penny of it will go to them... meanwhile, I WILL

be

contributing, financially and otherwise, to not-for-profit forums like
www.Artglassforum.com and www.ISGB.org, not to mention putting my body

and

voice in places where I think I can make a difference, like here.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old April 8th 05, 08:15 AM
Kalera Stratton

Not that I'm aware.

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
Is this stated somewhere?

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old April 8th 05, 08:17 AM
Kalera Stratton

YEAH, 'cause everyone knows, beads aren't made of glass! ;P

Also, it's my advertising money, and I'll give it to whomever I choose.
MY rules. And I'll type whatever I want.

Clean me.

Moonraker wrote:
Then Kalera needs to keep her whining over on the bead forums and not in
rec.crafts.glass.

WC is paying for web server space and providing a forum. You don't like the
way they do things? TOUGH. It's their game, it's their rules. Get over
it, or get gone. Nobody should ever have the expectation of privacy in
posting "private" messages on a public forum. What dreamworld are you
living in?

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old April 8th 05, 04:35 PM
Kandice Seeber

ROFL!!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
Dear Jim, thanks for giving me a giggle first thing on a snowy April
morning in UK.

I must say I smile every time I see WC written down.

In Uk it means water closet and is often found written on lavatory
doors.

Then I get thinking of a childhood rhyme I know. Our sit-up-on used to
be right at the top of the garden, a tuppenny bus ride away and a mile
to run with crossed legs.

The rhyme is this.

Ole King Cole was a merry old soul,
And a merry old soul was he.
He called for a light in the middle of the night.
To go to the WC.
The light shone on the closet door,
The candle had a fit
And Ole King Cole fell down the hole
And swallowed a lump of ****.

It is amazing how we can remember childish rhymes may years on.
Shirley

In message , Jim Redden
writes
Hey beaders from the newsgroup, look at it this way, maybe moonraker just
needs a good beadgasm to get him to relax.

Oh and moonie, as far as kissing your ass, only one very tiny problem,

you
have to remove your head first.

also we have to wonder if he is a masterbeader or a..................I

think
you can follow that thread!

Jim Redden

Beadgasms for all!!!!!!!!

Old April 8th 05, 04:39 PM
Kandice Seeber

I'm not sure which netiquette dude you're referring to - I must have him
killfiled.

I've gone back to AGF and posted a few things - so far so good.
Thanks for all the good info, Kalera.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Some people there are abrasive... and because there are so few posters
overall, they are more noticeable. However, a nice little community is
growing, including a few marblemakers, coldworkers and a blower or two.

I find it more friendly there, overall. Yes, people do complain about WC
there... mostly because they aren't allowed to complain about WC on WC.
Sometimes people have to present their ONE TRUE AND ONLY RIGHT WAY...
well, yes, that's a bit pompous, but you have to laugh at it! There is
one poster in particular who is abrasive, but for some reason, I must
confess, I like him a great deal anyway. For that matter, I like
everyone there, having got to know them.

Guido listens if you make suggestions. I like that.

The WC people who were banned were not banned in retaliation for the AGF
mods being banned, but actually were banned because they came to AGF
and started posting in outright abusive ways. Those posts were
deleted... I disagree with Guido's decision to delete them AND to ban
the WC mods, because I felt that the posts spoke for themselves.
However, I felt he was well within his right to do so, just as I have
always agreed that WC was within bounds of reason to delete abusive
posts there.

BTW, Netiquette guy; you have a point, and I try to switch to
bottom-posting when I post on RCG. However, NGs sometimes create their
own Netiquette, and the reply style preferred by most on RCB is
top-posting. I am following that convention in this thread out of
deference for my homies. Also, until I find someone who can mod
Thunderbird to allow sidebar-posting, to annoy the maximum number of
users and glean an optimum "shut up!" and "WTFDYTYA?" rate.

Kandice Seeber wrote:
Okay, I have done some thinking about AGF specifically, and since it's

been
quite awhile since I have posted or read that board, I am willing to

concede
the possibility that things have changed for the better since I have

been
there. And I apologize for being a little abrasive about it - I should
change the post below to say that I feel *some* people there are

one-sided.
I still think that. There are some people at AGF that I really don't

like.
But Kalera vouches for the forum as a whole, and I truly respect her and

her
opinions, so I am going to try it again. Hopefully I will have better

luck
this time.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com

Old April 8th 05, 05:12 PM
Jim Redden

I really should add smartass to my monicker.

Jim Redden, first deciple and worshiper of Shellie ( Red ) Carder. And all
around smartass!

I bet moonie dribbles seed beads! ACK!

for some reason I keep getting the picture of a salad shooter in mind and
beads shooting out of it.

And I have to say I am very sorry to any I offend and going so far off
topic. there are alot of artist in here ( masters from my standpoint) who I
get alot from on a dailey basis and are very open and helpfull,
and then there is moonie.

Jim

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
LOL Jim!

Old April 8th 05, 05:41 PM
Dr. Sooz

I quit Wet Canvas a long time ago. It felt wrong.

Old April 8th 05, 05:48 PM
Dr. Sooz

Oh, boo hoo.

Geez. It's "their" website/forum. They can do what they want,
including
making a friggin' profit, banning fools, and monitoring content!

One nice thing about the internet is that there is no shortage of
domain
names and web servers. You don't like somebody's website or forum?
Start
yer own with yer own precious "core values", already. Let's see how
long
YOU remain non-profit and altruistic.

You need to get a life if some forum has you "really, really upset".
It's
a simple solution: Just don't go there any more.

Thanks for your input, YOU asshole! :-D
YOU never post here unless YOU wanna stir up ****, do YOU? Aw, shut up.

Old April 8th 05, 05:49 PM
Dr. Sooz

For Profit
websites aren't doing favors - they are in business to make money.

Exceptionally important point there.

Old April 9th 05, 12:50 AM
Polly S.

Dr. Sooz wrote:

Thanks for your input, YOU asshole! :-D
YOU never post here unless YOU wanna stir up ****, do YOU? Aw, shut up.

BFG Sooz, I've been waiting days for those beautiful words from
beautiful you!!!! hehehe

Polly

--
don't spook my groove...