OT Another Really Dumb Warning Lable

Old November 19th 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT Another Really Dumb Warning Lable

We have a friend who lives further away than the backside of beyond,
closer to the dimple on the ankle of beyond in fact.
For Christmas this year we are sending her a small medical kit. Sort
of an upgrade to her veterinary supplies, since the nearest
veterinarian is much closer to the backside of beyond than she is.

So this kit contains a number of instruments useful in minor surgery.
A scalple handle and blades, suture needles and suturing material,
forceps, scissors, hemostats, and a bunch of things like guaze pads,
disinfectant pads, antibiotic ointments and powders, and things like
that.

So what is the incredibly dumb warning lable on this kit?
It has one, and only one warning on it. That would be:

"WARNING: Contains small parts! May constitute a choking hazard! Not
suitable for children under three."

NightMist
choking would be the last thing I would worry about!
--

Legolas is my house elf
Old November 19th 09, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

You really need to pay attention to the warnings these days. We needed to
make an overnight trip last week and I carefully studied motel offers such
as ironing board in room, microwave and such. One listed: free children.
We didn't stay there. Polly

Old November 20th 09, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NanaWilson

Your subject got me ta thinkin',
Once bought a case for CD's to take in the car. Label read: "Unit becomes
portable when carried"
Saw on billboard one time in Kentucky :"Tattoos while you wait"

Nana still chuckling..........

Old November 20th 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Saw that on a pair of men's underpants, once! =O

I bought one of those hot-air paint strippers. On it were the
immortal words:
"Do not use as a hair drier"

No?

Nel
(Gadget Queen)

On Nov 20, 12:51*am, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
NanaWilson wrote:
Your subject got me ta thinkin',
Once bought a case for CD's to take in the car. *Label read: "Unit becomes
portable when carried"
Saw on billboard one time in Kentucky :"Tattoos while you wait"

Nana * *still chuckling..........

On a pack of peanuts: *May contain nuts.

OK. * I'd complain if it *didn't*.
--
Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk

Old November 20th 09, 02:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

My all time favorite warning label has never been surpassed. New iron,
steam, spray, power steam settings. There on the base of the iron was
the label "Do Not Iron Clothing While Wearing."

Sunny
Old November 20th 09, 02:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

I have a dingbat sister that burned herself while just touching
up part of her shirt while she was wearing it. She is a school
teacher. Pretty scary.
Taria

Old November 20th 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

I've heard of lots of people doing just that.... with the burn scars to
prove it!

--
Kate in MI

Old November 20th 09, 08:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Sartorresartus wrote:
Saw that on a pair of men's underpants, once! =O

I bought one of those hot-air paint strippers. On it were the
immortal words:
"Do not use as a hair drier"

Or just generally daft labels - DH bough some new knee pads, on getting
them home we discovered the inside label referred to CHEST size !?!?!?!

Lizzy