Smooth chain-piecing

Old October 27th 10, 11:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

Default Smooth chain-piecing

I think that you can readily see it at:
http://www.quilterscache.com/H/HuntersStarBlock.html

Bev in TX
--

On 10/26/10 7:38 PM, Sunny wrote:
Hunter's Star

Old October 27th 10, 01:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Yeessss, Bev. That's what the Hunter's Star blocks eventually look like.
But, if you squinch your eyes, you'll realize that the block can be composed
of half-square triangles and just plain big squares; no bias that can
stretch and no paper-piecing.
Only 56 more HSTs and we'll be ready to assemble. Happy day. Polly

"Bev in TX" wrote in message
I think that you can readily see it at:
http://www.quilterscache.com/H/HuntersStarBlock.html

Bev in TX
--

On 10/26/10 7:38 PM, Sunny wrote:
Hunter's Star

Old October 27th 10, 01:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

thanks Bev, I had completely forgotton about the diamond shapes! Of
course, if one were really clever, one could sew 2 bias strips
together, a wide one and a skinny one, then slice off the star strips.
which maybe would result in a nice little diamond at one end of the
strip. One would still have to sew the other diamond on the other end.
Roberta in D

Old October 27th 10, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Roberta! In the words of my beloved Puerto Rican friend who doesn't exactly
speak English, " Are you craycee?" Polly

"Roberta" thanks Bev, I had completely forgotton about the diamond

Old October 27th 10, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

You have to ask? It just sounds so logical -wish some clever person
would figure out dimensions for me, I'm way too lazy.
Roberta in D

Old October 27th 10, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Amy in Transit...

On Oct 27, 5:32*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Roberta! *In the words of my beloved Puerto Rican friend who doesn't exactly
speak English, " Are you craycee?" * * Polly

LOL!!! I'm with your friend! That block would do me in!
amy in SoCal