My favorite sewing scissors

Old May 17th 11, 09:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian Christiansen

Default My favorite sewing scissors

My favorite sewing scissors are a pair of the fiskars that have the
handle that is kind of like a garden shears. I lost (or actually
misplaced) them a while back, and got a new pair. The design of the
scissors is a bit different, but it is still strikingly similar.

Well today, I found my old pair under a stack of papers that I thought I
had looked under several times. I guess I just never picked up all the
sheets of paper, and it was under the sheets I did not pick up. Whatever
the reason, I now have 2 pair of Fiskars "garden shear" style scissors.

Just remember: the surest way to find something that you have lost is to
buy a replacement for it.

Brian Christiansen
Old May 17th 11, 09:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Absolutely! And the longer you wait to replace them, the longer it
takes to find the old ones.

However, when it happens with books, it's a nuisance when you go to
find a replacement and find that it is either out of print, or so
expensive you need a second mortgage.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old May 17th 11, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Absolutely. Mr. Esther misplaced a nozzle, coupling, something ? that goes
to his sprayer he uses on the fence line. Finding where to buy a
replacement was surprisingly easy and getting it here was too. Naturally,
when he went to put it on the sprayer, the missing rascal just magically
appeared. Moral of story: just get it over with, I reckon. Polly

Old May 17th 11, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

This is true! At least I hope so, because now maybe DH will find his
keys -the new car keys came today.

Anyway, you can never have too many scissors.
Roberta in D

Old May 17th 11, 11:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

I've lost a little quilt top somewhere in my apartment. It's only 34" x 34"
so it could be folded up and in any pile. So if I start making another one
just like it, will the old one show up? I finally found the perfect backing
for it, and I can't find the top!

--
Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks Nevada USA

Old May 18th 11, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jeri

On 5/17/2011 6:55 PM, Kay Ahr wrote:
I've lost a little quilt top somewhere in my apartment. It's only 34" x
34" so it could be folded up and in any pile. So if I start making
another one just like it, will the old one show up? I finally found the
perfect backing for it, and I can't find the top!

It will show up! Unfortunately the perfect backing will go missing. lol

~*~
Jeri
Old May 18th 11, 12:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Default Lost, was My favorite sewing scissors

It'll show up. My DH lost his glasses. Thought they fell from his pocket
at Home Depot. He checked there several times. One afternoon he was
sitting on the front glider and glanced down----there they were in the
flower bed. He'd even watered that bed the day before and didn't see them.
Of course he ordered a new pair, and found the old ones the day the new ones
arrived. Always happens that way.
Gen

Old May 18th 11, 12:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 17/05/2011 09:24, Brian christiansen wrote:
My favorite sewing scissors are a pair of the fiskars that have the
handle that is kind of like a garden shears. I lost (or actually
misplaced) them a while back, and got a new pair. The design of the
scissors is a bit different, but it is still strikingly similar.

Well today, I found my old pair under a stack of papers that I thought I
had looked under several times. I guess I just never picked up all the
sheets of paper, and it was under the sheets I did not pick up. Whatever
the reason, I now have 2 pair of Fiskars "garden shear" style scissors.

Just remember: the surest way to find something that you have lost is to
buy a replacement for it.

Brian Christiansen

This is why I have two pairs of their kitchen scissors...

The three pairs of dressmaking ones are easier... I bought the scissors
when my Frister & Rossman branded ones that came as a gift with a F&R
sewing machine broke. I later bought the sheers when I wanted something
larger. And I gave my mum a pair at one point. They have come back to
me along with lots of sewing bits and pieces as she is no longer with us
and so no longer needs them. I like using Mum's scissors. A connection...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old May 18th 11, 01:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I need my Mum things too. I carry the little mirror that clipped on her
lipstick in my purse. There's probably no lipstick there but it could
happen. I keep her little pencil sharpener in my sm drawer; there's an
electric sharpener here too but you just never know when there'll be a power
failure and I'll need a sharp pencil. Polly

"Kate XXXXXX" This is why I have two pairs of their kitchen scissors...

Old May 18th 11, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

Oh, that, again. They just hadn't shown up, yet.
See Twilight Zone episode "A Matter of Minutes":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kquTHzXCMo

best part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiXd1...eature=related

Often we just have to wait until they put things in the right minute.

Always nice to have a spare.

R/Sandy

Scissors Gill Murray Needlework 4 February 5th 08 02:28 PM
Scissors [email protected] Needlework 15 November 30th 07 03:55 PM
Scissors [email protected] Needlework 3 November 26th 07 04:49 PM
Favorite sewing machine and why Trixie Quilting 14 January 3rd 07 03:30 AM
scissors... SandySmth Quilting 3 August 11th 03 02:30 AM