update - long 2nd month of 2006 and still no quilting

Old February 5th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default update - long 2nd month of 2006 and still no quilting

I want to thank all of you for sharing your lives and your quilting
stories. I don't post often but I do read several times most days.
Sometimes I think the RCTQ community is what keeps me in touch with the
world. (along with DH reading the news to me over morning coffee ).
I would really like to take part in some of the swaps and hug blocks
but I would not want to be the deadbeat that didn't follow through. My
thoughts and prayers are with all who need them and I anxiously look
for updates, congrats to all who have finished projects, found jobs,
new homes, or have new family members including QI's.

Somehow my life has become so busy that quilting has had to be put on
hold for now. I did however join a group of local ladies to put quilts
together to give to local womens shelters and homeless shelters. We
have had one organizing meeting and one work session. It was great. We
have agreed to get together for an afternoon every two weeks. I figure
I can make time for this as it won't create anymore chaos in my own
home, and will satisfy my quilting urges.

Now, being this being busy isn't all bad. Our small, home based
business is growing (we sell knife making supplies) and has become a
full time job for me, plus I have my parttime job that takes up 1.5
hours - 5 days a week.

Between that and the 16 kids, 19 + 2 (due in Mar, Apr) grandkids, (can
you imagine how many phone calls that takes just to keep up on what's
happening in their lives???) 2 dogs and 1 cat, I am not getting much
done on my renovation plans. I do however get to eat chocolate
whenever I want and my life is full and happy.

I'm still adding to my stash and planning quilts in my head, and
hopefully I will be quilting again soon. (A son's wedding in July, and
the two new grandbabies this spring are great reasons to get at it)

Hope you all have a happy Valentines day .... chocolate !!!!!

Marilyn in is this really winter???? Alberta, Canada

Old February 5th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Did I read that right?? 16 kids? What a busy woman you must be...even
though some of them must be on their own with that many grandchildren. You
have been blessed.

oups.com...

Old February 5th 06, 06:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

And I thought I was busy with 4 kids and 8 grandkids. LOL

--
Mary (Idaho to Oregon via Montana)

oups.com...
:

Old February 5th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

You dont really mean 16 children of your own, do you??? Maybe some
other way of proliferating...LOL 8 kids and their partners?
Glad you are having a mild winter -- been to Alberta years ago from
Australia!

Cheers
Bronwyn

Old February 5th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

LOL! No, not all biologically mine. This is marriage #3 for both DH and
I. We each have 5 biologically. DH's second marriage gave him an extra
2 and mine gave me an extra 4. All but one was legally an adult when we
got married, and the youngest was/is living with his biological mother.
We get along good though and he is free to come visit whenever he wants
to. We had one of my daughters live with us for a little over a year
when she finished college and was trying to get established, and we had
an infant granddaughter come to live with us for 6 months, while mommy
was trying to get her head on straight. Right now it is just DH & I and
the 3 QIs.
But believe me their is always something happening in their lives, and
whether it is a birthday, a new tooth, potty training, basketball team,
Tai Kwon Do tournaments......somedays its mind boggling just trying to
keep up with who is doing what!
And still I'm looking forward to the next grandbaby, cause they are all
special and there really is nothing like snuggling a new born!

Australia is on my list of place to visit "someday". Hope the fires
are slowing down. Haven't heard anything recent on them.

Got to run, DH is going to a convention for the next week (maybe find
time to quilt ??? grin). Need to get some chores done before he leaves.

Forecasting +12 C (54F) here. Normal would be about -10C (14F) and
would not be surprised if it was -30C. This has been the strangest
winter ever.... but I'm not complaining

Marilyn
in Alberta, Canada

Old February 5th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thx Marilyn! Wasn't prying. A large family, blended or not sounds
wonderful and way out of my realm you see. You would certainly require
a large wall calendar to track all movements LOL.
Maybe some of our heat has made its way across to Alberta.
Come visit us one day!
Cheers
Bronnie

Old February 5th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Marilyn...yes...is this really winter???????.....YOu aren't sending any
Alberta Clippers our way !!
Thanks..but it is scarey....!!..( your life sounds very busy
! ).Mary/Vermont

SNIPPED:
Marilyn in is this really winter???? Alberta, Canada