what are u working on?

Old January 13th 14, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default what are u working on?

trying to stir up some interest here. What are you working on? I am just
finishing a modern style quilt top
that was requested as a wedding quilt. It is not my style and has been some
work getting through it. Now
on to the quilting part. The quilting they want seems to be square loop
meandering from what I can find
online. Anyone ever do that one? Any suggestions? Some day I am going to
get the window curtains/shades
done for the not so new house we are in.
Taria

Old January 13th 14, 06:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary[_4_]

I'm finishing the quilting on a quilt for my grandson's 8th birthday. I'm
using the BQ2 pattern in U of Oregon prints. (Glad his party is next
Saturday cuz it's not done for his birthday today.) When I finish this, I
will finish 2 Valentine table toppers--one for me and one for younger
daughter.

Mary

Old January 13th 14, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
susan price

Sitting in lovely Ojai, CA multitasking laundry and stitching an embrroidery by Kathy Schmitz, "Be Mine". The center 8 x 10" embroidery is surrounded with piecing to create a 13 x 15" mini. There is one design for each month. Hopefully I will finish several months while here this winter. For a sewing project I've brought my Dear Jane quilt. Again I hope to make serious headway on the small blocks. The first week we have been here was mostly taken with settling-in and visiting relatives about 45 miles away. Now that we are starting our second week I think there will be more sewing time. The locals would like some rain but we are enjoying the near perfect weather. I try not to gloat too much when talking with family back in Illinois suffering through snow and sub zero weather.

Susan
Old January 13th 14, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

On 1/13/2014 10:27 AM, Taria wrote:
trying to stir up some interest here. What are you working on? I am
just finishing a modern style quilt top
that was requested as a wedding quilt. It is not my style and has been
some work getting through it. Now
on to the quilting part. The quilting they want seems to be square loop
meandering from what I can find
online. Anyone ever do that one? Any suggestions? Some day I am going
to get the window curtains/shades
done for the not so new house we are in.
Taria

Last week I finally finished a small Hawaiian applique piece that has
been a UFO for a couple years. I had the applique all done and had
quilted all around the applique. However, I had put on a straight
border and I could not figure out how to quilt the border. Last week I
finally decided that it didn't need the border, because Hawaiian quilts
typically do not have straight borders. I took the border off and used
the border strips for binding. The quilt is done and I am happy with it.

Now I started another Hawaiian applique piece; this one is a larger wall
hanging from this pattern:
http://www.equilter.com/product/1440...%C3%A9-pattern.
I'm enjoying the needle-turn applique, but can't work more than an
hour or so or my hands hurt. I really would like a bit more
magnification, so I have ordered a clip on magnifier that will clip on
to my glasses. I hope that helps. Instead of cutting the pattern from
the applique fabric, I cut it from freezer paper, ironed it on to the
fabric and traced around it. Then I removed the paper, pinned and basted
the applique fabric to the background fabric, basting about 3/8" inside
the cutting line. I am cutting the excess fabric away as I go. I was
afraid that my applique fabric would fray too much from handling if I
cut it all in advance. I think it was easier to baste it in place before
cutting, too.

I have a couple "Warm Wishes" baby quilts that I finished piecing since
Christmas. Now I have to get them quilted so they can go off to the new
babies that are supposed to have them.

I hadn't done much quilting in the last year or so. Instead I've done
more knitting and reading. It seems good to be back at quilting.

Julia in MN
Old January 13th 14, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

About to finish a shoe bag for small grandson to keep his wellies in at
nursery. I appliqued a lion on it as this is the animal used to identify
his belongings (pre-school). It took me almost as long as a quilt!! Now
its back to the Project Linus quilts I have promised myself will be
finished by the end of the month!

Then it will be on to an applique heart cushion for breast cancer to go
in the Women's Institute competition in the County Show. Have decided
the pattern and gathered the fabrics already.

Then it will be back to ufo's.My last year's resolution was to do some
finishing. I finished 1! Quilts for a certain small person seemed to
take priority.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old January 14th 14, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
CaroleD-Retired and Loving It

I've just finished making the top and piecing the backing for Bonnie
Hunter's mystery quilt, Celtic Solstice. I'm also participating in Carol
Doak's Scrap Scramble mystery, and in the RCTQ mystery quilt that Kate is
doing for us. I have 3 other tops that I need to quilt!

^.....^
(=' * '=) Carole D
-(,,)---(,,)-

Personal Website (Quilts and More)
Shutterfly Website (Travel and Stitchery Photos)

Old January 14th 14, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL[_2_]

I am working on two projects---Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery, Celtic
Solstice, for my son's wedding on the Ides of March and a healing
quilt for a young friend with a rough diagnosis. It is made of bright
and black blocks from an exchange some years back The sashing
includes stars, in Marti Mitchell fashion.

Old January 14th 14, 09:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patricia Storey

At last! I have something I can answer to this question g

I am making good headway on the quilt I designed for my local quilt
group. It has 44 blocks (help g), in four differennt sizes: 4"
square, 8" square, 4" x 8" rectangle, 8" x 12" rectangle. The
intriguing thing is the way they all fit together. I am doing mine in
black and white; using black on white as light, and white on black as
dark. I've had to introduce some pale grey into the mix, as some of the
blocks needed a third element.
I was terribly slow and rusty when I started - it's such ages since I
did any serious work; but now I'm loving it again. I was so afraid I
would have lost the spark. I have several pieces of work lined up in
the cupboard: fabric chosen and even some of the patterns worked out. I
have loads of other things I should be doing, but I can do them when the
light isn't so good. As long as the washing up doesn't grow mould, I'm
not too worried. I haven't invited anyone over this week g and there
won't be any gardening for a while: everywhere is waterlogged, even if
it weren't chilly (not winter cold yet?)

Whatever is square loop meandering quilting? Sounds interesting. Is it
free motion in some way? or are the lines all a certain length?

I shall have to find a way to quilt this black and white quilt, and as
most of the shapes are based on right angles, this could be an answer -
I'm not too good at mixing curves with straight-line patterns, though I
might have to do that?
..
In article , says...

trying to stir up some interest here. What are you working on? I am just
finishing a modern style quilt top
that was requested as a wedding quilt. It is not my style and has been some
work getting through it. Now
on to the quilting part. The quilting they want seems to be square loop
meandering from what I can find
online. Anyone ever do that one? Any suggestions? Some day I am going to
get the window curtains/shades
done for the not so new house we are in.
Taria

Pat on the green
Old January 14th 14, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek[_2_]

That applique pattern is really pretty. I love the patterns with the
applique borders.

marcella

Old January 14th 14, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek[_2_]

"Taria" wrote in message ...

trying to stir up some interest here. What are you working on? I am just
finishing a modern style quilt top
that was requested as a wedding quilt. It is not my style and has been some
work getting through it. Now
on to the quilting part. The quilting they want seems to be square loop
meandering from what I can find
online. Anyone ever do that one? Any suggestions? Some day I am going to
get the window curtains/shades
done for the not so new house we are in.
Taria

What is square loop meandering? I can't even picture it.

I haven't been doing any quilting at all. I've finally finished up the
stack of mending/alterations that I'd said I'd do for a friend. I am
hoping to get back in the sewing room today.

I have a quilt for my new grand nephew all cut out and ready to sew.
It's this Pow Wow pattern -
http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2012/04/pow-wow.html

I've got some embroidery of the week patterns to catch up on.

I really, want to start this clamshell quilt too with some of my larger
scraps -
http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilt...-quilt-8/61605

Now to get in that sewing room and pick a project!
marcella