Any active Dear Jane bloggers?

Old December 24th 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Default Any active Dear Jane bloggers?

I am thinking about starting a Dear Jane quilt for 2011. I just
checked the Dear Jane web site and it hasn't been updated since 2006.
Does anyone know of a Dear Jane encouragement group that is still
active? The official site has lots of tips for block construction but
thought I would join an on-line group to chat during the year. Any
suggestions?

Susan
Old December 24th 10, 06:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michele in NYC[_2_]

Did you even Google it?
There are a lot of links which you can investigate further to find the
right fit for you.

http://quiltwithus.connectingthreads.com/group/dearjane

http://www.flickr.com/groups/thedearjaneproject/

-Michele in NYC

Old December 24th 10, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

Some OT, but mostly DJ (Dear Jane) & DH (Dear Hannah):
http://www.dearjane.com/maillist.htm

Often OT; includes DJ, DH & QD (Linda Franz's Quilted Diamonds)

Bev in TX

Old December 24th 10, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

Not a blog, but lots of discussion about various stuff, including DJ,
Dear Hannah and Quilted Diamonds is a google group-- DJ Retreats.
(That is my DJ group on line.G) Block of the week will be starting
up again soon after the New Year.

Have fun, these types of quilts are addictive.

Pati, in Phx

Old December 25th 10, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I know there are several groups of
Janiacs but would like to know if any of our group are a part of a sub
group that is fun and encouraging.

Susan

Old December 27th 10, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steph

Hi Susan,

I've been working on a DJ for a few years now. I'm on the DJRetreats
group (hi Pati I've been enjoying doing the block of the week
with them - it's really gotten me motivated and I love seeing the
other blocks that are made. I'm also on DJAlternatelist.

I really like the groups - everyone is really nice, knowledgeable and
encouraging!

Steph

Old December 29th 10, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Thanks. I know several gals who attend the Shipshee retreat. Are there
other retreats around the country or to they all travel to Indiana? A
block a week would be a little slow for me. Once I start something
like this I either get real involved or start great and then put it
aside.

Susan

wrote:
I am thinking about starting a Dear Jane quilt for 2011. I just
checked the Dear Jane web site and it hasn't been updated since 2006.
Does anyone know of a Dear Jane encouragement group that is still
active? The official site has lots of tips for block construction but
thought I would join an on-line group to chat during the year. Any
suggestions?

Susan

Dear Jane... help Kate G.[_3_] Quilting 46 November 18th 08 09:59 PM
Dear Jane Elly Quilting 33 September 26th 07 11:16 PM
Dear Jane? Karen Johnson Quilting 50 March 11th 05 11:19 PM
Dear Jane Quilts Betty in Wi Quilting 37 April 13th 04 12:45 AM
My first 2 Dear Jane blocks are up Medium Gnome Quilting 43 September 18th 03 01:07 PM